Thread: when do you have enough

when do you have enough

ever since late 89 i started to collect cd's and slowly sold some 600 of my ELVIS albums , i now have well over 2500 cd's all ELVIS of cousre he is all i listen to [i've bin called limited before ], it got me thinking with the latest 75th anniversary set that maybe i have reached a peak and should stop collecting all domestic titles and just stick with imports and boots , after all many of these just go on the shelf never to be played again and my age is becomming a concern [what will i do with all of this] my question to my self was -self when is it enough, i know i will find it very hard to give up on collecting some titles , a good friend and big time collector EDDY SENSA who has well over 4000 cds has told ne he will never stop , he says he will never have his fill , my question is when is it enough?

Re: when do you have enough

only you can answer that for yourself.
    Everyone's 'limit' differs...............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

One word lvs2day....NEVER!!!

You just have to be more selective in the memorabilia that you pick up today considering how much is out there and the cost of many of the Elvis souvenirs, CD's, videos, etc.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Backstage Pass

Hi LVS2DAY, if ever you decide to part with some of your CDs, let me know :-( I've been looking for some titles. Unfortunately, we don't have much here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

You just have to be more selective in the memorabilia that you pick up today considering how much is out there and the cost of many of the Elvis souvenirs, CD's, videos, etc.

TCB!
    Mike
    Mike, I was just going to say that: NEVER!!!

franny

I know what you mean. I have well over 5,000 cd's. All Elvis...what else. I recently put an excel sheet together wth all my collection, and I tell you the RCA/BMG stuff does not compare to my imports. When is it enough? who knows I don't. I 'll keep adding to my collection as much as I can.
    TCB,
    See See Rider

Mad Tigers

Wow, some of you guys have massive collections!

I am a huge life long Elvis fan, and may I ask, do those of you who have these massive collections buy other artists as well?

I would say that enough is enough when you find yourself buying nothing but Elvis. No matter how much you much you love Elvis, it may do you good to open your ears to others, this may surprise you and you will still be able to appreciate Elvis, even more probably.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    Mike, I was just going to say that: NEVER!!!

franny
    Great minds think alike franny!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I too was going to say NEVER.... For myself.. my collection just keeps growing..

Quote Originally Posted by gilesm View Post
    Wow, some of you guys have massive collections!

I am a huge life long Elvis fan, and may I ask, do those of you who have these massive collections buy other artists as well?

I would say that enough is enough when you find yourself buying nothing but Elvis. No matter how much you much you love Elvis, it may do you good to open your ears to others, this may surprise you and you will still be able to appreciate Elvis, even more probably.
    I lisiten to others from what my wife and kids play...but I only purchase Elvis and I have been collecting for the past thirty nine years since I was nine and saw him live. Since that day I was hooked.
    TCB,
    See See Rider

I have been collecting since I was 9 years old (1973) I will never stop...it is fun and keeps me young! I'll be playing them until the day I die!

MAY I ASK ???

can somebody please donate their over-flowing of Elvis Collections to me....???

thank you very much .

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    MAY I ASK ???

can somebody please donate their over-flowing of Elvis Collections to me....???

thank you very much .
    Hah! Dream On!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Hah! Dream On!!

Oh, Dont Be Cruel..... ....

I am only kidding, and I dont collect much....

I've been collecting LP, 45's with all pictures sleeve, cd's and all memorabillia for the las 35 years must have at least over 4,000 cd's , 2,000 lp's (wich I stick too), but let me tell you my point of view I buy and collect some others stuff, even groups such as metallica....springsteen, mellencamp....and you know why?? because our man Elvis was what got theses guys make music, he brought them to the point that they wanted to be entertainers..even Bob Dylan once say - there was nothin before Elvis......

keep rockin' in the free world....
    There has been 44 united states présidents...but only one King....

You need answer it for your self, but your colletions is incredible. Congrats for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

TCB!
    Mike

Never !!!!!

He was the firstest with the mostest.