Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death on the Throne: The Passing of Elvis Presley

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Re: Death on the Throne: The Passing of Elvis Presley

Guys please take it easy. David (john carpenter) is a very loyal and wonderful Elvis fan. He is just posting some information that he thought some of us would like to read.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Fortunately, no rumors or relayed information about about the circumstances of Elvis's Presley's death can ever compromise the dignity and greatness of his contribution to life, so in acknowledgment of this, I choose not to worry about it.

The stories aren't going to go away, so in tribute we must learn to live with them and continue celebrating the greatness regardless.

And to be honest, if we really love Elvis, we won't be inclined to behave like we're ashamed of the way he died anyway.
    Naturally, it saddens me to consider the manner of his passing, but I'm increasingly uncomfortable with this desire to conceal it like some guilty secret.
    It's out there already! You've just got to suck it up and keep loving Elvis!

Excellent post Teddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Fortunately, no rumors or relayed information about about the circumstances of Elvis's Presley's death can ever compromise the dignity and greatness of his contribution to life, so in acknowledgment of this, I choose not to worry about it.

The stories aren't going to go away, so in tribute we must learn to live with them and continue celebrating the greatness regardless.

And to be honest, if we really love Elvis, we won't be inclined to behave like we're ashamed of the way he died anyway.
    Naturally, it saddens me to consider the manner of his passing, but I'm increasingly uncomfortable with this desire to conceal it like some guilty secret.
    It's out there already! You've just got to suck it up and keep loving Elvis!

I don't think we are ashamed of the way he died Teddy............we get annoyed and upset that other people ridicule him, by the 'on the toilet jokes'
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Backstage Pass

Thanks for the video. IT WAS VERY GOOD.

This is not a personal attack on John, everyone is just discussing the subject matter. No further need for this article.
    Last edited by Tommy; 01-17-2010 at 12:46 PM.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Personally I see the way Elvis died as sad. In my experience I have never heard younger people mention where Elvis died, it always seems to be the older generation which seem to focus on this particular area!

Over the last 5-10 years I have seen a more positive Image of Elvis emerge, the papers no longer feel the need to show a picture of Elvis all bloated and caught mid motion doing a karate move. There is really positive things out there about Elvis and you don't have to dig too deep to find it.

The Web is full of positive sites dedicated to Elvis, over the last couple of weeks there has been T.V. specials shown, concerts shown and music played on radio shows.

So what if Elvis died in an unflattering way, I sweep that stuff aside in a blink of an eye and divert to the positive.

There are people who want to discuss this topic and we should let them do so as long as they do it in a respectful way.

And people, remember that John Carpenter is not, I repeat NOT the one that created this article.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    What's a tounge?
    I think rocknroll meant Elvisī tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Personally I see the way Elvis died as sad. In my experience I have never heard younger people mention where Elvis died, it always seems to be the older generation which seem to focus on this particular area!

Over the last 5-10 years I have seen a more positive Image of Elvis emerge, the papers no longer feel the need to show a picture of Elvis all bloated and caught mid motion doing a karate move. There is really positive things out there about Elvis and you don't have to dig too deep to find it.

The Web is full of positive sites dedicated to Elvis, over the last couple of weeks there has been T.V. specials shown, concerts shown and music played on radio shows.

So what if Elvis died in an unflattering way, I sweep that stuff aside in a blink of an eye and divert to the positive.

There are people who want to discuss this topic and we should let them do so as long as they do it in a respectful way.
    Unfortunately I have-nephews, nieces, friends of my kids when they were in high school.
    IMO It seems they love the shock factor (probably my facial expression) when they bring it up-I finally told one nephew that is was not funny and that no one chooses the place they are born -nor usually the moment they die and that if my nephew accomplished 1/100th of what Elvis did in his life-he would be a great success.
    Some people look for the negative-to strip down the accomplishments and importance of people, and it helps them to feel better about who and what they are-sad but true.
    Work in Progress!

People (particlarly the Media) love putting Celebrities on a pedistal................and then take great delight in knocking them off

Very sad
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Unfortunately I have-nephews, nieces, friends of my kids when they were in high school.
    IMO It seems they love the shock factor (probably my facial expression) when they bring it up-I finally told one nephew that is was not funny and that no one chooses the place they are born -nor usually the moment they die and that if my nephew accomplished 1/100th of what Elvis did in his life-he would be a great success.
    Some people look for the negative-to strip down the accomplishments and importance of people, and it helps them to feel better about who and what they are-sad but true.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    This might be the case, however there are very few artists who after 30 years of being dead can still accomplish such attention.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    People (particlarly the Media) love putting Celebrities on a pedistal................and then take great delight in knocking them off

Very sad
    Again agreed, there are minor celebrities who get attention maybe 1 or two years after their fame has diminished, if someone is still knocking you after 30+ years you know you are something special!!!!

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

I don't think we are ashamed of the way he died Teddy............we get annoyed and upset that other people ridicule him, by the 'on the toilet jokes'

I'm just visiting my old hang out, and found this interesting..seeing I am from that era.
    I don't see the need for all the angry red faces, it's a very old story and his "Throne" from what I've been told was actually special made...like a recliner, because he had colon problems and the pain killers caused even worse problems.
    Nothing unusual or indecent about where Elvis died, in fact he actually died on the bathroom carpet. If we want to nit pick.
    John said nothing bad about Elvis...
    In fact the whole thing has been talked about and written about a million times by people who didn't know or love the man(E.P.) and they were responsible for the crude remarks, even some of the so called Memphis Maphia tossed it in for shock appeal in their already raunchy books.

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    Nothing controversial in this topic. Its all true. You must living in a nutshell, without facing the truth, 30 years after his death. If you're new to this site its about time you wake up to reality....
    The point is, you are NEW on this site. You don't know John Carpenter and he has nothing to apologize for.
    He probably knows more about Elvis Presley, his life and death than half the fan's here. Let him be.

Quote Originally Posted by TTWII2001 View Post
    I'm new on this site, and I never thought I'd read stuff like from a so called Elvis fan......you should be a shame, you should write an apologie...adios

Well you might want to count your blessings and also your friends and know details, large or small about Elvis, his so called friends, his family and his fans.
    John is a great guy and a big fan... believe you me, if the moderator's are ok with it, there was nothing at all wrong with the article, which he didn't write, so where is the problem.
    The author of the original article got it only half right anyway.
    Last edited by Genie; 01-31-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling

The comments passed were not aimed at John, we know he only posted an article previously released.

It does get people's goat up when there are still individuals out there who love to do the 'toilet' joke.........

We all have to go somewhere and sometime, it's the indignity of ignorant people making jokes at his expense

The comments passed were not aimed at John, we know he only posted an article previously released.

It does get people's goat up when there are still individuals out there who love to do the 'toilet' joke.........

We all have to go somewhere and sometime, it's the indignity of ignorant people making jokes at his expense

I above most, know this all too well, thank you. It's a pity that any article was ever written regarding a "Toilet" as correctly Elvis died on the bathroom floor. I don't want to know anybody who thinks that is a joke. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    I above most, know this all too well, thank you. It's a pity that any article was ever written regarding a "Toilet" as correctly Elvis died on the bathroom floor. I don't want to know anybody who thinks that is a joke. Do you?

Of course I don't.........
    The point that was made, was non-fans ridicule him............

I also know he didn't die 'on the toilet'........

*resists from making comment cuz I can't get my thoughts together*

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    even some of the so called Memphis Maphia tossed it in for shock appeal in their already raunchy books.

Hmm?

Tell us exactly where and in what books did any of the MM say Elvis died on the toilet.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast