Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death on the Throne: The Passing of Elvis Presley

Re: Death on the Throne: The Passing of Elvis Presley

This Gail - I'm at my mom's house.

David - I did not think that you started the rumor about him dying on the pot. That's been out there forever. I do not think people should be angry at you for posting what we've been reading and hearing for years.

Now that I got that straight!!

Agreed, it was pretty clear to me too, David.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Cadillac King

David,

Just keep on loving Elvis like we know you do....

We know what is real here.

Here's something funny........

I thought I would take a look at who wrote this aricle and clicked on the the author's name in the posted article -

"Posted 08.15.2004 by The Big Wiper (2292)
    On August 17th, 1977, newspaper headlines across the country,......"

The information found in the author's profile might explain some things..........

But BE WARNED !!!!

If you choose to go to this information, it could be considered offensive, disgusting, in poor taste. etc.......

Take care and glad the weather has warmed up in 'your neck of the woods'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    You know, all that sticks out from this article is that people can write the most horrendous articles about Elvis Presley (true or untrue) and yet all it does it merely shows nothing can diminish the positive feelings people have about him and his talent.
    This is so true............we all go at some point, and we don't have a choice when it is. Unfortunately for Elvis, nothing is private or sacred.

Truth be told, he didn't die on the toilet anyway, he was too far away from it..............

No wonder Joe Esposito tried to tell the story originally that he died in bed........would have saved a lot of ridicule over the years if it had stuck
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    Well, Thanks for defending me. I didn't mean to cause any hate against me I just saw it & posted without thinking!
    I think the people attacking you misread the topic a bit: you've just posted an article, not agreeing with what the article says.

I can't remember exactly, but wasn't it Joe Esposito who went into details about Elvis' death real quick?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Albert I believe you are right !!
    America has contributed four things to the world that are really unique: Baseball, Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse and Elvis Presley. And only one of them is human - - Jerry Hopkins - "Elvis" - A Biography.

I think this has been posted before-at least it seems it has since I have been a member here. The idea of where he died seems to be something that is of great importance to some-and it adds to the image we all hate of Elvis.
    Young people eat this type thing up and love to mention it when they describe Elvis, whether it is 100% fact or an educated guess- it adds to the image of the bloated, jumpsuited, stumbling singer that many see when the name Elvis Presley is mentioned.
    They do not see the 1956 thin, young, happy, bursting with energy fireball who was essential in rocks beginning, nor the 1969-73 fit as fiddle Elvis- who once again showed the world what rock was truely about and showed more charisma and talent than could be imagined............nope they see the image described in this article, many times quoted or misquoted with the same image coming to mind, which lends to the notions of Elvis, by many, in 2010.
    How a life of greatness can be so skewed by a 3-4 year period of that life is sickening to me.
    Work in Progress!

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    Well, Thanks for defending me. I didn't mean to cause any hate against me I just saw it & posted without thinking!
    I know it was not you that wrote this article.
    I just hate reading this stuff as many has said, he died on the floor.
    Author Peter Guralnick talked to many people including EPE.
    While much in his books was very good, informative .I just wish he'd left that part out.
    It just opened up all kinds of this kind of talk from some that enjoy making fun of everyone & anyone.
    I've wondered if he was ever sorry about including it.
    As to such articles; I just consider the sources & don't read them !

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    I know it was not you that wrote this article.
    I just hate reading this stuff as many has said, he died on the floor.
    Author Peter Guralnick talked to many people including EPE.
    While much in his books was very good, informative .I just wish he'd left that part out.
    It just opened up all kinds of this kind of talk from some that enjoy making fun of everyone & anyone.I've wondered if he was ever sorry about including it.
    As to such articles; I just consider the sources & don't read them !
    It is a sad fact of Elvis's life that the negatives or (perceived negatives) always seem to come to the top of a discussion on Elvis when casual fans or non fans and even some good fans.
    The facts of biggest record seller in the world, or most gold/platinum, or the great great music which set the records, his explosion in 1956 which launched rock to the world, his talented athletic performances all thru his career, the remarkable unpredicted reimergence in 1968 which launched his career, and last but not least the voice which could sing almost anything and make it sound natural-none draws the press, nor the passion of the negatives of his life story. The image suffers.
    Work in Progress!

SleepyJack

Reads like the same old brand of rubbish to me,the best thing to do is probably ignore it as best you can,Elvis will be remembered long after all of these losers...let them milk their little bit of fame and tell their stories... who cares? Elvis has survived this far despite everything...and he`ll go on a lot longer.
    Death and illness do nothing for anyones appearance,neither does it care about their dignity.... many of us will probably have equally unpleasant things happen us as we get old and slowly but surely fall apart....and it probably won`t be pretty. There is no shame in being ill or suffering from anything.... people who take advantage of it to belittle people and make fun of them...now they really should hang their heads in shame.
    Don`t worry David... I won`t be hiding in your garden with a baseball bat or anything!!!..you`re safe.....from me at least!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I don't have a problem having an article like this on our site. It's the cold fact where we have to deal with everyday when talking with non-fans.

I have one question though: who was the absolute ***** who came out with the news that Elvis died, sitting on the toilet?

How hard is it to change the story a little bit to: we found Elvis in the bathroom, not mentioning the toilet (or any other private parts)?

The man who brought this news to the world has done so much damage to the image of Elvis. An absolute egomaniac who must have been thrilled to be (finally) in the spotlights.
    Thank you albert & my friends. I just thought the story would be interesting. Maybe i am sick? (not)Get over it..Elvis was only Human
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I think the people attacking you misread the topic a bit: you've just posted an article, not agreeing with what the article says.

I can't remember exactly, but wasn't it Joe Esposito who went into details about Elvis' death real quick?
    It was about 20 years after Elvis had died that Esposito came forth with the his assumptions on the details.
    But it had already come to light long before his telling. Not sure who first brought it out-but I believe the first mention of the possibility was in the Goldman book, which came out in 1981 and one of his main sources was Lamar Fike.
    IMO it is a sensationilistic detail-which just adds to the bad image-it does not change the greatness, nor the impact on the world and music of his life-but it overshadows those things for many who have no inkling nor understanding of the greatness.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    What's a tounge?
    Actually, I'm not sure now that I think about it.

TCB Mafia

Actually, I distinctly remember hearing in 1977 that he was found with his shirt off and his pants around his ankles. I think that was revealed by one of the ambulance drivers. It is not hard, even back then, to figure out what he was doing when he passed.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Actually, I distinctly remember hearing in 1977 that he was found with his shirt off and his pants around his ankles. I think that was revealed by one of the ambulance drivers. It is not hard, even back then, to figure out what he was doing when he passed.
    I still don't see what is the big deal. Did not Roy Orbison die in a similar way and I've never read or heard any hubbub about him. To me it's all trying to take a great man down using anything that presents itself.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by TTWII2001 View Post
    I'm new on this site, and I never thought I'd read stuff like from a so called Elvis fan......you should be a shame, you should write an apologie...adios
    Nothing controversial in this topic. Its all true. You must living in a nutshell, without facing the truth, 30 years after his death. If you're new to this site its about time you wake up to reality....

Why keep on talking about this, I don't think of how my loved ones died, it only make it worse. Let's remember the happy times.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Why keep on talking about this, I don't think of how my loved ones died, it only make it worse. Let's remember the happy times.

Quote Originally Posted by annie1000 View Post
    Thank you.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Fortunately, no rumors or relayed information about about the circumstances of Elvis's Presley's death can ever compromise the dignity and greatness of his contribution to life, so in acknowledgment of this, I choose not to worry about it.

The stories aren't going to go away, so in tribute we must learn to live with them and continue celebrating the greatness regardless.

And to be honest, if we really love Elvis, we won't be inclined to behave like we're ashamed of the way he died anyway.
    Naturally, it saddens me to consider the manner of his passing, but I'm increasingly uncomfortable with this desire to conceal it like some guilty secret.
    It's out there already! You've just got to suck it up and keep loving Elvis!
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast