Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben has a contract with recording studio?

Re: Ben has a contract with recording studio?

I do not know if this is true-if it is I hope the young man is prepared for the harsh and sometimes unfair criticism which comes with having a "name" and being compared to that "name"
    I think Lisa has a pretty good voice-but IMO she has a problem with consistently using it properly and when she performs live, it is never mixed properly with the music. She sings much better in studio-than live.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Yada View Post
    If one does not have anything good to say, one must keep out of that thread or not type anything at all. That is respect. It is not automatic. It is made out of a choice
    You have just proven my point ... probably without even realising it.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Please stay on topic.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I do not know if this is true-if it is I hope the young man is prepared for the harsh and sometimes unfair criticism which comes with having a "name" and being compared to that "name"...

that's very true - the advantage of having automatic public interest is pretty much a direct wash with the critics gunning for you because of it

but, what I really wonder, is, given that Lisa was married to Danny at the time her frist 2 were born

why is Ben suddenly Ben Presley, instead of Ben Keough?

Quote Originally Posted by monk37 View Post
    why is Ben suddenly Ben Presley, instead of Ben Keough?
    Is he?

I'm finding it difficult to believe that he's gone from being a virtual recluse to questionably adopting his mother's celebrated maiden-name and signing to Universal.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

She sings much better in studio-than live.
    So do lots of people these days...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

She sings much better in studio-than live.
    And I already thought itīs just my imagination.

TCB Mafia

I think Lisa has a pretty good voice-but IMO she has a problem with consistently using it properly and when she performs live, it is never mixed properly with the music. She sings much better in studio-than live.
    That's probably because Lisa can't sing very well and it shows when she sings live.
    She's also a very inexperienced live performer she'll do these short tours or appearances and then not make any for like 5 years and that's no way to improve.

In the recording studio they have all the equipment nowadays where they can improve someone's voice and make them sound better.

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    That's probably because Lisa can't sing very well and it shows when she sings live.

In the recording studio they have all the equipment nowadays where they can improve someone's voice and make them sound better.
    I think the same things!Nowadays anyone can have a great voice!Thank's to all the technology!Then you listen on live show,and you say:Oh My God!You can't sing!And how many in these days?A lot!Unfortunatelly!Before not was like in nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    She's also a very inexperienced live performer she'll do these short tours or appearances and then not make any for like 5 years and that's no way to improve.

Sorry that is not the case IMO as I said she sings pretty well, has some soul/grit to her voice but when she sings live she "chokes" from IMO nervousness.
    I think she is just one of those singers who will have to learn to control those nerves better and to worry more about the mix of her live music. I had a band and still sing-and anytime I played with a nervous singer-they were their own worse enemy. Rehearsing they would be fine-before people they just could not put out the same quality.
    Some of her music was played years before she actually released it-the producers and DJs who heard it did not know it was Lisa but they liked it and wanted to know who it was-they were surprised it was Lisa.
    I actually think she is just as good a singer as many other current female artists-but live performing she just needs to work and relax.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by GIORGIA View Post
    I think the same things!Nowadays anyone can have a great voice!
    We have the technology to put anyone in tune.
    Luckily we're not yet able to artificially generate a great voice- nature is still winning that one.

Incidentally, this is what it sounds like when somebody who is completely out of tune necessitates increasing the sensitivity of Auto-Tune software to the max:
    YouTube- Flavor Flav- I'll Never Let You Go
    It's fortunate for Flavor, in this instance, that the prevalence of the sound created by this program in the Urban/Hip Hop genre has become an accepted and even desirable effect, since it takes convenient care of his pitching inadequacies.

This is an extreme example (like that Believe song by Cher, where Auto-Tune literally provides the hook in the hit) but using this software regularly makes you very familiar with its overall effect and quality, even at much lower application, and I can tell you that more than half of the new music on your radio in the last decade has featured Auto-Tune, irrespective of genre. Contemporary Country music is especially rife with it, for instance.

Apologies- back to the topic ...
    Last edited by Teddy; 01-13-2010 at 12:58 AM.

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

I haven't heard anything solid, just rumor so far?
    Not to be negative, but I really think the young man is more into punk rocker, the way he appears to look.
    Lots of people like Lisa Marie's music, but I am always one to say that a talent like Elvis Presley is a God given gift, and doubt it was inherited along the way.
    I'll take Robert Pattinson of the Twilight Saga films anyday. uh I mean if I were 40 years younger..LOL

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

Backstage Pass

it's funny because Elvis did have a gift. way back they didn't have as much technology when he recorded and still, his voice was fantastic. and there are other artists with similar talent. I saw Martina McBride live and can honestly say she sounded better live. I think it was because like Elvis you just feel the soul when it's live.
    I'd love to hear a recording of Ben, don't know if he even sings though.
    but if Lisa's nerves get to her so much then she shouldn't bother. tickets to shows are too expensive to waste on sub par performances in my opinion.
    and to be honest, I don't think she works real hard either at it. it's kind of like a hobby to me. her writing I like though, that seems to be were most of her passion lies. Just my opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12