Thread: Quotes on Elvis

International Level spanish eyes's Avatar

Quotes on Elvis

I get tired of hearing stories from newspapers and lies about Elvis especially when he can't be here to defend himself. So I wanted to post some positive quotes from people. I know there are more I've just posted my faves, the first is my fave of all of them:

Melda Marcos
    He was ahead of his time because he had such deep feelings. He had the privilege of deep feelings because he was deeply loved by his mother, Gladys. He was able to appreciate profound beauty in sounds. And he started a musical revolution. They say all revolutions start from love.

Frank Sinatra
    There have been many accolades uttered about Elvis' talent and performances through the years, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly. I shall miss him dearly as a friend. He was a warm, considerate and generous man.

President Jimmy Carter, on Elvis' Death,
    Elvis Presley's death deprives our country of a part of itself. He was unique, irreplaceable. More than twenty years ago, he burst upon the scene with an impact that was unprecedented and will probably never be equaled. His music and his personality, fusing the styles of white country and black rhythm and blues, permanently changed the face of American popular culture. His following was immense. And he was a symbol to people the world over of the vitality, rebelliousness and good humor of this country.

Ed Sullivan
    I wanted to say to Elvis Presley and the country that this is a real decent, fine boy.

Chet Atkins
    He was white, but he sang black. It wasn't socially acceptable for white kids to buy black records at the time. Elvis filled a void.

Connie Stevens
    He's naturally kind and thoughtful and good. Best of all, in spite of his huge success - he's unassuming.

Natalie Wood
    Every morning when I woke up and looked out the window, there were at least two hundred kids lined up on the sidewalk outside, staring at the house. Some of them would stay there all day long, just trying to get a glimpse of him. And when he would go out, he was very sweet to them. A lot of people I know would get angry, or impatient -- but Elvis is very sweet to the kids, very nice to them. He always spent as much time with them as he can, even though it tires him out.

Little Richard
    He was an integrator, Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn't let black music through. He opened the door for black music.

This next one is written by me, inspired by lyrics in one of Elvis' songs:
    Before you abuse, criticise and accuse walk a mile in my shoes - no-one has the right to judge him, he lived his life the best and the only way he could

and this last fave one is from the man himself
    The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

LIF

Cadillac King

Re: Quotes on Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Thanks for replying Sasha

LIF

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Wink Re: Quotes on Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by spanish eyes View Post
    I get tired of hearing stories from newspapers and lies about Elvis especially when he can't be here to defend himself. So I wanted to post some positive quotes from people. I know there are more I've just posted my faves, the first is my fave of all of them:

Melda Marcos
    He was ahead of his time because he had such deep feelings. He had the privilege of deep feelings because he was deeply loved by his mother, Gladys. He was able to appreciate profound beauty in sounds. And he started a musical revolution. They say all revolutions start from love.

Frank Sinatra
    There have been many accolades uttered about Elvis' talent and performances through the years, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly. I shall miss him dearly as a friend. He was a warm, considerate and generous man.

President Jimmy Carter, on Elvis' Death,
    Elvis Presley's death deprives our country of a part of itself. He was unique, irreplaceable. More than twenty years ago, he burst upon the scene with an impact that was unprecedented and will probably never be equaled. His music and his personality, fusing the styles of white country and black rhythm and blues, permanently changed the face of American popular culture. His following was immense. And he was a symbol to people the world over of the vitality, rebelliousness and good humor of this country.

Ed Sullivan
    I wanted to say to Elvis Presley and the country that this is a real decent, fine boy.

Chet Atkins
    He was white, but he sang black. It wasn't socially acceptable for white kids to buy black records at the time. Elvis filled a void.

Connie Stevens
    He's naturally kind and thoughtful and good. Best of all, in spite of his huge success - he's unassuming.

Natalie Wood
    Every morning when I woke up and looked out the window, there were at least two hundred kids lined up on the sidewalk outside, staring at the house. Some of them would stay there all day long, just trying to get a glimpse of him. And when he would go out, he was very sweet to them. A lot of people I know would get angry, or impatient -- but Elvis is very sweet to the kids, very nice to them. He always spent as much time with them as he can, even though it tires him out.

Little Richard
    He was an integrator, Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn't let black music through. He opened the door for black music.

This next one is written by me, inspired by lyrics in one of Elvis' songs:
    Before you abuse, criticise and accuse walk a mile in my shoes - no-one has the right to judge him, he lived his life the best and the only way he could

and this last fave one is from the man himself
    The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.
    I really loved this post! Thank you for all the sweet comments xo
    From people who knew him.

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    I really loved this post! Thank you for all the sweet comments xo
    From people who knew him.
    Yw Genie

LIF

Thanks alot !! I really enjoyed reading these beautiful quotes !

He was the firstest with the mostest.

“Elvis Presley’s death deprives our country of a part of itself. He was unique, irreplaceable. More than twenty years ago, he burst upon the scene with an impact that was unprecedented and will probably never be equaled. His music and his personality, fusing the styles of white country and black rhythm and blues, permanently changed the face of American popular culture. His following was immense. And he was a symbol to people the world over of the vitality, rebelliousness and good humor of this country.”
    President Jimmy Carter, 1977. His official statement following Elvis' death
    Elvis is the greatest cultural force in the twentieth century. He introduced the beat to everything, music, language, clothes, it’s a whole new social revolution - the 60’s comes from it.”
    Leonard Bernstein, 1960s
    You have no idea how great he is, really you don’t. You have no comprehension - it’s absolutely impossible. I can’t tell you why he’s so great, but he is. He’s sensational.”
    Phil Spector
    “A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man’s music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis.”
    Jackie Wilson

love all these quotes...

TCB Mafia

Thanks Maria and Shania.

It's good to read these accolades, they are well deserved (understatement, lol), and you know, from people who don't have any ulterior motives, so they are what shows the measure of Elvis, the man.

I'm glad you liked them Jimmy, thanks for supplying more Shania and yw Kimmi

LIF

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    Thanks Maria and Shania.

It's good to read these accolades, they are well deserved (understatement, lol), and you know, from people who don't have any ulterior motives, so they are what shows the measure of Elvis, the man.

You are 100% right !!!!!!!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    You are 100% right !!!!!!!

Countdown, honey ......... not long until the 8th

This is such a great thread, GF! I couldnt find any quotes, but here's mine.

The music, the voice, the heart, the soul, with faults and weaknesses, he had it all. I find no right words to tell how special he was, and I think nobody does, but i'm doing the best I can, Elvis you were such a wonderful man!

"You can knock me down, step in my face,
    slander my name all over the place"
    - But don't YOU step on my blue suede shoes -

desiree

*You walk past me- I can feel your pain-Time changes everything -One truth always stays the same - You're still you - After all - You're still you *

Quote Originally Posted by desiree View Post

The music, the voice, the heart, the soul, with faults and weaknesses, he had it all. I find no right words to tell how special he was, and I think nobody does, but i'm doing the best I can, Elvis you were such a wonderful man!
    Ty GF awww D that was beautiful you touched my heart
    Last edited by spanish eyes; 01-07-2010 at 01:38 PM.

LIF

You are welcome dear friend !!!

Quote Originally Posted by desiree View Post

very sweet quote !!!!!!! thank you

You're right honey, your post is wonderful.