Thread: THE RIVAL

THE RIVAL

i have just seen viva las vegas on channel 5 and got the shock of my life,here was anne margaret singing 'the rival'.i did not know this song or film scene even existed,i have not heard or read about this missing scene anywhere,does anyone else know anything about this song/scene?
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

International Level

Re: THE RIVAL

Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    i have just seen viva las vegas on channel 5 and got the shock of my life,here was anne margaret singing 'the rival'.i did not know this song or film scene even existed,i have not heard or read about this missing scene anywhere,does anyone else know anything about this song/scene?
    Do you meen the scene where she puts a basket together? With bread and all? If this is what you meen..than that scene has always been there.

YouTube- Ann-Margret - My Rival (Is a Baby Blue Racing Car)

That scene/song was in the original version of the movie in theaters and at drive ins-but for some reason since Elvis died-it often gets cut from the TV showings of VLV. I guess to add more commercials?
    When the movie was first aired on national television the scene and song were intact.
    Work in Progress!

ive just checked my copy of viva las vegas,and that scene IS IN IT . i just could not remember the song ( me thinks i have had too much xmas cheer lol ) hic hic
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

It is in my copy as-well.
    Sincerely,
    Mr.TCB

GIORGIA

If is not that Chantal show for Us,so I never See that!Anyone can put this video and song?Thank you!

Mad Tigers

When originally screened in the UK, and on early TV showings, the movie was shown under the title Love In Las Vegas and had several scenes cut compared to the US version. Ann Margret singing the song My Rival was one of the edited scenes.

I need to rewatch my copy - I know that song is in, but what I don't remember is the Wedding Scene - I saw a photo of Ann in a Wedding Dress, But I don't remember them getting married in the movie! Perhaps it's just me - in denial!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    I need to rewatch my copy - I know that song is in, but what I don't remember is the Wedding Scene - I saw a photo of Ann in a Wedding Dress, But I don't remember them getting married in the movie! Perhaps it's just me - in denial!
    Huh?

The wedding scene is at the very end; it's always been there.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I remember seeing it on TV back in the 80's.

and it's certainly in the blu ray version.