Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can someone tell me about this book?

  1. #1
    Backstage Pass Mr.TCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    207

    Can someone tell me about this book?

    I just got this sheet music book the other day and I don't know a whole lot about it, other that it's from 1978 and it's really cool. About 1/4 of the book is a picture book, and the remaining 3/4 is a book of 75 songs. Could anyone tell me how much it's worth, I'd never seen one before.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-31-2009 10;48;18AM.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	33904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-31-2009 10;50;57AM.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	33905
    Sincerely,
    Mr.TCB

  2. #2
    Graceland Mail Room U.S. Male's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Posts
    4,132

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    I've never seen this one before....has a cool looking cover I must say

    One thing that does stick out is the fact it's not a book written by one of his many "best friends" , so that makes it a rarity itself!

    Tell us about the photos inside - any images that haven't already been published to your knowledge?
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

  3. #3
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    319

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TCB View Post
    I just got this sheet music book the other day and I don't know a whole lot about it, other that it's from 1978 and it's really cool. About 1/4 of the book is a picture book, and the remaining 3/4 is a book of 75 songs. Could anyone tell me how much it's worth, I'd never seen one before.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-31-2009 10;48;18AM.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	33904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-31-2009 10;50;57AM.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	33905
    Not the COMPLEAT Elvis, but a brief, albeit well-written and sympathetic, biography, a list of Elvis albums available in the UK (at the time of publication) and 76 scores of some of Elvis's biggest numbers, listed in almost, but not quite, alphabetic order. For a COMPLETER set of scores, try the two volume "Anthology" (if you can afford it!).
    From David Neal
    http://users.telenet.be/davidneale/e...oks/index.html

  4. #4
    Backstage Pass Mr.TCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    207

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Not the COMPLEAT Elvis, but a brief, albeit well-written and sympathetic, biography, a list of Elvis albums available in the UK (at the time of publication) and 76 scores of some of Elvis's biggest numbers, listed in almost, but not quite, alphabetic order. For a COMPLETER set of scores, try the two volume "Anthology" (if you can afford it!).
    From David Neal
    http://users.telenet.be/davidneale/e...oks/index.html
    Any ideas if it's worth anything?
    Sincerely,
    Mr.TCB

  5. #5
    Backstage Pass Mr.TCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    207

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Male View Post
    I've never seen this one before....has a cool looking cover I must say

    One thing that does stick out is the fact it's not a book written by one of his many "best friends" , so that makes it a rarity itself!

    Tell us about the photos inside - any images that haven't already been published to your knowledge?
    Like I said, this book is from 1978, so it's possible some have been published since, but I see about 12 pictures that I don't recognize. All of the pictures are printed in black and white.
    Sincerely,
    Mr.TCB

  6. #6
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    319

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TCB View Post
    Any ideas if it's worth anything?

    I dont think its worth much

  7. #7

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    like any collectible the value is somewhere between what the seller is willing to let it go for and what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

    not helpful, but it doesn't really matter what a catalog lists it for if you have someone willing to pay more or far less than the list.

    so really, now that it's yours, it's only worth what you're willing to accept to part with it.

  8. #8

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    I have this; got it when it came out.

    It's relatively rare now, but I wouldn't pay more than US$50 for it.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  9. #9
    International Level rickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    891

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    I've got it in my collection too

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450

    Re: Can someone tell me about this book?

    I don't know this book

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •