Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am Defending Elvis on another message board.

Re: I am Defending Elvis on another message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    It's not that funny Getlo, and it lay somewhere between sad and pitiful.
    Yeah, sad and pitiful that anyone could say that with a straight face!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Thumbs up Re: I am Defending Elvis on another message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Wow, that site if full of gems ...

About Parker: "Not a Colonel by military rank, but by self-acclaim ..."

Just so wrong. Guess they missed the part of Parker's life when he had the honorary rank of Colonel bestowed on him. Oh well.

Oh, and they bring out the old "blame the Army" line too, for Elvis' drug use. Fair enough, the Army gave him his first amphetamines. But they fail to mention the vast majority of soldiers who left the Army without continuing to take drugs!

"It is said that Col. Parker gave Elvis tranquilizers to help calm him down, especially if there was something the Colonel didn't want Elvis to have any input with such as a new offer that he knew Elvis would want but he did not want Elvis to take ..."

It is said? By whom? Baseless allegations do not a good website make!

"Elvis' personal nurse, Marian Cocke, was loyal in her approval and disapproval of certain meds and correct to wonder with great concern about all of it ..."

Yet, she kept giving Elvis his meds, then later wrote a book. But because that book portrayed Elvis as a nice boy, she is forgiven. Please.

"He had had a deformed colon since birth ..." Yeah? Says who?

"An aching back attributed from a couple of different ailments ..." Says who?

"His heart became a problem since his first heart attack ..." Since his WHAT now?

"Near the end, Elvis could barely walk out to the stage on his own and had to be helped ..." Really? In Concert and other home movie footage of the time disproves this.

"It was not drugs that made him appear listless and spacy ..." Uh-huh. What was it then?

"Elvis at one of his last concerts, looking pale and bloated". - photo caption from a concert pic ... from July ... 1973.

"Rick Stanley had a serious drug problem of which he blamed Elvis ..." Where exactly did Rick blame Elvis for his drug usage? What words did he use?

"Dr. Nick and other physicians, namely, two, forced Elvis into what appeared to be a daily regimen of medicating during tours ..." FORCED?!!!

"Ginger Alden amazingly took a shower and put on her makeup in the very bathroom where Elvis lie dead on the floor. This is way out of line and unbelievable and unacceptable inhuman behavior." And it's also completely UNTRUE!!

Geez. There's defending Elvis, then there's being completely, utterly deluded about what happened to him.
    Are you helping this fella out on this station or just complaining about the silly facts they claim for us? What station is it by the way..I'll tell them! So will GINGER!
    But you have a few things wrong in here also sweetie.
    Last edited by Genie; 12-31-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Ginger

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Yeah, sad and pitiful that anyone could say that with a straight face!
    Let me clarify my comment. It is sad and pitiful that people talk about Elvis this way.
    Careful now my friend, you seem to be a little high strug this New Years Eve?
    Don't know about you, but I'd like to help this guy. Help some *****s get Elvis right, and not get baned for any of it.. hummmmm? Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis and Johnny View Post
    I was just trying to defend Elvis, because they started posting TERRIBLE pictures (things I don't even want to mention), and calling him all kinds of horrible names.

I just think someone as great as Elvis should not be remembered like that. I was trying to get them to see how great he is.
    Let me know the site hon..ok?

Happy New Year also

But you have a few things wrong in here also sweetie.
    I do not.

Careful now my friend, you seem to be a little high strug this New Years Eve?
    It's well into New Year's Day here, dear. I had no desire to spend my New Year's Eve chatting on an Elvis forum.

Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

The Colonel was one of the staunchest critics of Elvis' drug use. Yes, he could have done much more to help Elvis, but to suggest he condoned Elvis' drug habit is way off the mark.

"Nobody cared about Elvis' health" ... where do I start? Again, just plain wrong.

"All of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors" ... oh, please. Really? And just what bad stuff are you talking about here? Be specific is you choose to respond.

Fact: there is a minuscule amount of stuff that the MM have told over the years that may be in doubt. But the rest is true.

Accept it.
    OOOps..on your post here... let me help set the record straight. Parker did in fact feed Elvis a handful of uppers and pain killers on one of his last concerts, he was sick, he has stomch trouble and he didn't appear to be able to go on....Parker was desperate, he was sold out! So..that is wrong..

There is 75% of slack loose mouth garbage which has come out of especially Marty Lacker's mouth. In print for everyone to believe or disbelieve. He doesn't care as long as the money royalties come floating in... anyone who knew Elvis, can verify that those vultures got away with a huge amount of lies!

Parker did in fact feed Elvis a handful of uppers and pain killers on one of his last concerts
    Really? What concert? What date and location? What is the source for this claim?

There is 75% of slack loose mouth garbage which has come out of especially Marty Lacker's mouth.
    You mean the same Marty Lacker that exposed you as a complete fraud over on AEK? The same Marty who showed that none of your dates and facts matched up to anything?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Cadillac King

I REALLY did NOT want to start an argument on this website.

Maybe we should just lock this topic.
    Elvis is The King!

Exclamation Re: I am Defending Elvis on another message board.

I do not.
    YES YOU DO.

It's well into New Year's Day here, dear. I had no desire to spend my New Year's Eve chatting on an Elvis forum.

Glad to hear it.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

The Colonel was one of the staunchest critics of Elvis' drug use. Yes, he could have done much more to help Elvis, but to suggest he condoned Elvis' drug habit is way off the mark.

"Nobody cared about Elvis' health" ... where do I start? Again, just plain wrong.

"All of the bad stuff said about Elvis is rumors" ... oh, please. Really? And just what bad stuff are you talking about here? Be specific is you choose to respond.

Fact: there is a minuscule amount of stuff that the MM have told over the years that may be in doubt. But the rest is true.

Accept it.
    "Accept it" ???? Implies you are correct and no one else is.. were you there?Did you know Elvis?

Now lets backup here, he is not "Completely wrong"
    Fair is fair, and you are not giving the post he made an equal opportunity to your personal views.
    Last edited by Genie; 12-31-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: left out comment

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis and Johnny View Post
    I REALLY did NOT want to start an argument on this website.

Maybe we should just lock this topic.
    Hey sweetie, you haven't done anything wrong, and if you did, or I did we would be told by the moderators. It is a ligit subject, and your posts are in my opinion just fine. Please don't go away, and also will you tell me what channel you are doing the Elvis defending on..I can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg  

Really? What concert? What date and location? What is the source for this claim?

I have really had enough of this rolling the eyes attitude.

You mean the same Marty Lacker that exposed you as a complete fraud over on AEK? The same Marty who showed that none of your dates and facts matched up to anything?
    I beg your pardon! I shut the origonal AEK down@! Didn't hear it the way it happened huh?
    I am anything but a FRAUD! You have insulted me, on line in front of everyone..so this time I am reporting you!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

This topic is going nowhere fast, please leave this subject well alone.

We all see the points that are made friends.

Keep this thread clean please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12