Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sandi Miller Interview

TCB Mafia

Re: Sandi Miller Interview

More from dearest Sandi

**If I had one wish, it would be that every fan on earth, could have spent just a few minutes at that gate (or anywhere else) talking with him. He had the quickest wit - a very dry sense of humor - he didn't just stand there and sign things, or pose for photos, he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever - but he put everyone at ease immediately. He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person...I have never seen that in any other celebrity and I've met many!

TCB Mafia

Sandi Miller:

- the joy continues:

For the most part he just made fun of the movies and by the time a movie came out, we pretty much had the jest of the entire movie because he'd come back from the studio and give a run down of that day's script (only he would exagerate things) WHen he did Paradise all he talked about was being crammed into that helicopter with all those dogs on that Bleeping*^**%($@) rocking platform and he was getting sea sick "in the air" and he wasn't sure who was going to barf first-him or the dogs. WHen he did LAL and the scene where they put the board between him and Michelle in bed - he tried to make us think he actually got a splinter and his description of that scene was extremely funny because we really didn't know, at that point, what the heck he was talking about. Hmmmm...Bed, Board? Splinters.. what kind of movie is this anyway?

Oh, and I always list this under Trivia because I've told the story before so this will be a repeat for some. When Elvis was filming Double Trouble, some fans had beat up Cilla and he went after them and half demolished their car. Anyway, in the course of that he banged up his hand quite badly and in the movie you can actually see his swollen and bruised hand. That was the Reader's Digest version!

Let's see - when he was filming Change of Habit he was quite pleased to be working with MTM and one evening he came out wearing rubber gloves like what Dr's wear -- he didn't say anything - just held up his hands and that was enough to put everyone into hysterics. It was downhill from there because everyone wanted to be a patient and he was trying to keep the conversation clean but the fans - not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post

He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person.
    Aww that's me... he would have loved me

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Aww that's me... he would have loved me

lol

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Red face Re: Sandi Miller Interview

More from dearest Sandi

**If I had one wish, it would be that every fan on earth, could have spent just a few minutes at that gate (or anywhere else) talking with him. He had the quickest wit - a very dry sense of humor - he didn't just stand there and sign things, or pose for photos, he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever - but he put everyone at ease immediately. He also had a way of seeking out the timid in the crowd! If there was a fan who stayed in the back or off to the side, he would make it a point to bring them forward, to specifically talk to that person...I have never seen that in any other celebrity and I've met many!
    How correct Sandi is,
    As this was my lucky fortune, that news got around that a young Vet in the area could not bring in any business.. most of my cards were tossed from where I put them, few if any calls, and then no one wanted to pay me for services.
    I lived in my Van in a trailer park in Memphis.
    One night the phone rang..............................: 3am by the way.
    Speaking of hilarious, I was told that a hamster was about to explode!
    It turns out, a PG Guinea pig!
    Then I was to see the bunnies in a shed out back, the Mother rabbit was snowball white, and leaped out of the cage and through to the front yard..Elvis was in a dark PJ's and Robe, we both were crawling through bushes when a light hit me in the eyes, I was terrified..it was a guard or MM member not sure really, I said: "We have to find the white Rabbit" He replied to me: "WE?"
    E- stuck his head through what I think was a hibiscuss plant, and said "YEAH WE" lololololololololol
    Obviously the whole thing was planned carefully, and it's one of those times that I was paid in cash for doing nothing but laughing. I refused and he insisted about 6 times!
    I am honored to have been to most of his concerts, and spoke with him several times. He knew I was struggling, and A nicer man there never will be.
    With Love ~Genie
    Last edited by Genie; 12-29-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

TCB Mafia

Sandy:

For awhile Elvis was hooked on checkers; when it was only one or two other people in the room besides him, he liked to play 21, in groups, Yahtzee, also Uno. Jann, as a joke once brought a Monopoly game down and his comment was he didn't want to play that because it took 8 years to finish the game so the next time she brought down her little nephews Chutes and Ladders game which for those who don't know, is a children's board game. He laughed and then flipped her off!

He was a cheater - that's what he was! He liked winning and I loved it when he lost - just because
    !

Kim note:
    (I like "Snakes and Ladders" lol).

TCB Mafia

More wonderful memories from Sandy:

First of all, no, Elvis never picked up the phone and did the inviting and no, one didn't just walk up to the door in Palm Springs (or anywhere else) and knock and then you'd be let in.

The way things happened was normally one of the boys would call (it varied who did the calling) and although I don't know if the invitation ever came from Elvis directly, I presume he had something to say about it and he always seemed to know we'd been asked over . Other times it would be something as glib as "will you be coming back next weekend?" or "see you next Friday then?" That's about as close as it got to Elvis ever doing the actual asking.

I remember the very first time Jann and I were invited down "for the weekend" and we were told to pack a bag. Honestly, we didn't know what the heck that meant or what to expect. It was Joe that called us that time and I remember us wondering where the heck they would be putting us because the house didn't have that many bedrooms and we sure as heck didn't want to be sharing a room with someone's husband! We packed and went figuring we'd handle the situation once we got there.

As guests started to leave Jann and I looked at each other and decided it was time to ask "what the plan" was before someone told us something we didn't want to hear so I was elected to ask Elvis...and muttered something utterly stupid to him about what would be a good hotel to stay at or something along those lines. It was very awkward but I didn't want him to think we planned on staying there. He replied that we would be in the room next to his. I asked if that room wasn't already occupied by one of the boys and he said, no, not this weekend, they will be staying at a hotel, and you are my guests. WHEW!!! (Good thing too because I don't think we would have had enough money for a hotel which means we would have had to go home for the night )

Cadillac King

This was a very nice & fun interview. Enjoyed this one very much !

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    I just can't stop laughing imagining Elvis and Charlie together !!!!!!! and laughed remebering it even at my work !!!!!! some asked me what I was laughing at ?!!! I answered " It's a secret joke " !!!!!!!!

It's such a hilarious mental picture, honey, lol

Thank you for saying, lol

So good to read her 'memoirs' with him.............someone with nothing to gain, except sharing her stories with people who appreciate them, getting an inside track on the private Elvis...........Wonderful
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

lol
    Agreed, me too! LOL
    May I ask though, seeing Sandi is a friend, and if most people know her and buy her books and interviews and so forth, unless she gave you this interview herself, why are we having bits and pieces of what we already know about? No offense intended. Just wondering..
    Anyone seen my poem about Elvis in her book.....? I am proud of that.
    Sandy is a nice Lady and one who knew I had worked long and hard and stood alone doing battle with Marty Lacker for Elvis'

You are welcome, lol,

Indeed! I love and respect Sandi for the wonderful lady she is. She befriended me when I was feeling about as low as I could get.
    Not to mention what a darling tiny little pretty woman she is all through the years.

he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever .........

Wow !!!!!!!! that eye contact part is smoldering !!!!!!!! I would melt !!!!!!!

He was the firstest with the mostest.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    he CONNECTED with everyone present! Eye contact, conversation - whatever .........

Wow !!!!!!!! that eye contact part is smoldering !!!!!!!! I would melt !!!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmm nothing like depth

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    So good to read her 'memoirs' with him.............someone with nothing to gain, except sharing her stories with people who appreciate them, getting an inside track on the private Elvis...........Wonderful

Sandi brightens everyone's day

I've always loved reading Sandi's memories.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    This was a very nice & fun interview. Enjoyed this one very much !

You are welcome, Sasha.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed them

TCB Mafia

Answers from Sandi to some questions:

(This will also answer some questions that have been raised on TCB previously, with regard to Elvis' taste and range of music, that he liked).

Sandi:

**You know, I'm not so sure Elvis thought about his musical impact during his life. I've heard him say, more than once, that he really didn't understand what all the fuss was about when it came to his popularity - he said there were much better artists out there, more talented, better looking, yadda yadda so I really don't think that his mind- set was that of wondering where he would fit into the picture history wise. If he did give it any thought- he never gave any indication to me that I remember.

Question:

Was he a modernist (Beatles, Zeppelin etc) or a traditionalist (Crosby, Lanza etc) at heart?

Sandi:

**Elvis seemed to just like ALL forms of music - from classical to rock; I don't think it mattered to him., Not so sure he'd like Rap but who knows! I was always very obvious that Gospel was his first love though- that is what he almost always chose to sing at home and it's what he seemed to get the most wrapped up in.

TCB Mafia

I love this one:

**It was always mezmermizing to us - even when he'd sing commercial jingles that stuck in his head...Pepsodent commercial for instance (You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with pepsodent) - drove us nuts but was fun to listen to! Little things would thrill us - like him humming, or whistling - maybe because to us, it was unusual (yes, we were strange!!) Jann wasn't even an Elvis fan and she reacted the same way (and oh yes, she became a fan very quickly!!) Remember, I was a huge fan and even though I didn't show it around him, his every movement made an impact on me - he could scratch his behind and we'd talk about it for days.

TCB Mafia

If these memories aren't precious, I don't know what is

I would literally have to haul out the box of LP's to remember which ones came from him - I don't remember comments - just the weird things he wrote on the LP's (he could be such a bugger sometimes) I normally only had him sign things for pen pals and friends so I decided one time that *I* needed an autograph so asked him to please sign it to me and added "that's Sandi with an i" So what does he write? " To Sandi with a i from Elvys with a y" HUH?
    On another one he simply wrote - "To Sandi from me" I didn't even notice it until I got home. Smart alec! I give up!

I love this, lol

Elvis had been smoking his little cigar and put it in the ashtray--there wasn't much left of it so I presumed he was done with it and so I just popped it in my purse only to have him come back later and ask what happened to it. Oh the stress!!!! I know he thought I was totally nuts!

very cute ! I could have a lot of fun with him !!!!!!!!

He was the firstest with the mostest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast