Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis' Father Vernon Funeral

Elvis' Father Vernon Funeral

YouTube- Elvis Father Vernon Funeral (2)
    Vester Presley gets upset at the fans in this clip...
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Re: Elvis' Father Vernon Funeral

Thanks for sharing that with us. So much tragedy in that family.

another sad event in presley family !

He was the firstest with the mostest.

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Question Re: Elvis' Father Vernon Funeral

Not sure if it's my weather, my computer or my eyes I don't see a picture?

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

sad times !

Thanks for posting the clip JC. Interesting conversation about the plans they had in that time. I wonder how Vernon would have managed the estate in the following years had he lived longer.

Probably not with the same business 'savvy' that Priscilla entered into............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    YouTube- Elvis Father Vernon Funeral (2)
    Vester Presley gets upset at the fans in this clip...
    I have to say, I don't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    Probably not with the same business 'savvy' that Priscilla entered into............
    I imagine what happened with Priscilla would have happened with Vernon.

Vernon would have signed the Colonel up to carry on "TCB-ing" as did Priscilla, and then it would have been discovered exactly how much money the Col was getting and gone to court etc. Then Vernon would employ others to carry on the business.

Backstage Pass

and yet she and the col. remained friends with her even attending his funeral.

I'm not defending Cilla, and saying she did anything special.
    However, I do think she has got more business savvy than Vernon had...........

She has employed the right people at the right time to do what needed to get Graceland open and paying $$$$$.
    She, as well as being paid (why not?) made the best decision to look after Lisa's interests, and gave the fans somewhere to pay their respects to Elvis.

It is such a shame Lisa doesn't take a more forward approach to her Dad's continuing legacy
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

She has employed the right people at the right time to do what needed to get Graceland open and paying $$$$$.
    Yeah, but she was all for the Colonel continuing to manage the business side.

I don't think neither Vernon nor Priscilla were qualified for turning it into the huge business it is today.

TCB Mafia

I'm not defending Cilla, and saying she did anything special.
    However, I do think she has got more business savvy than Vernon had...........

She, as well as being paid (why not?) made the best decision to look after Lisa's interests, and gave the fans somewhere to pay their respects to Elvis.

It is such a shame Lisa doesn't take a more forward approach to her Dad's continuing legacy
    Priscilla's not business savvy at all that's just a myth.

look at all her other business ventures they've all failed and her saying on Larry King that she was working on restoring old movies, starting her own record label and producing a Broadway musical about her life have all yet to materialize.
    Thank goodness for the other executors who were not hired by Priscilla and didn't work for her but were appointed by Vernon in his will to manage the estate on Lisa's behalf.

Fans give Priscilla too much credit and May is right she wanted Colonel Parker to continue working with the estate and she was willing to pay him his usual 50%.
    She wanted the Colonel to help her because she knew she didn't know what she was doing.

Backstage Pass

I'm sure the other executors advised her, they were bankers/investors. that's what they do. LoAnne Parker said the Col. never took that 50 percent of "everything", it was only for things having to do with Elvis's likeness. EPE was basically established already by Elvis and the col. it was just a matter of it being taken over by someone other than the Col. I know people think the Col. was a rip off artist, but he did work for his money too. It is said that Priscilla wouldn't even sign papers for months and drove the other executors nuts. I read that somewhere.

Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I don't think neither Vernon nor Priscilla were qualified for turning it into the huge business it is today.
    Which is fair enough really when you think about it. None of them were educated further than High School (as far as I know - Vernon even less I think) It was a huge thing to take on, although IMO, Elvis sells himself.

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Which is fair enough really when you think about it.
    Yes, it is understandable. What I don't get is why they waited so long to do something about it since while Vernon was alive they had already talked about the posibility of opening the trophy room to support the house, but Graceland did not open for tours untill 1982. It's like they did everything in a hurry when they saw there wasn't almost any money left and then made all the arrangements in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I'm not saying she was qualified to make the decisions herself without advisors, but the right people working together got things sorted out.

I'm not a Cilla supporter at all, don't think I'm defending her. However I do think it's better having a family member heading things up front. LM would be the obvious choice, but as she isn't interested Cilla is the next best as far as I can see..........

I'm not saying she was qualified to make the decisions herself without advisors, but the right people working together got things sorted out.

I'm not a Cilla supporter at all, don't think I'm defending her. However I do think it's better having a family member heading things up front. LM would be the obvious choice, but as she isn't interested Cilla is the next best as far as I can see..........
    Sure, that's why Vernon saw her as the best option to take his place after his death. But what I meant is it's obvious plans and proposals were taking place while Vernon was alive so I wondered what he would have agreed to do had he lived longer. I guess he would have ended up opening Graceland too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast