Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elvis My Best Friend Excerpts

Elvis My Best Friend Excerpts

Elvis' so-called "Best Buddy" George Klein dishes the dirt on Elvis' orgies & guns: The New York Post has dished up some controversy with an "Inside peek" at The King's wildest days from the new George Klein book. Here are some...

Link To Original Article

Re: Elvis My Best Friend Excerpts

Shouldn't we protect the people we love ? he says that Elvis gave him many expensive gifts and let him ( them ) live in his houses and trust in him (them ) ! Is this the answer of friendship ?

He was the firstest with the mostest.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    Shouldn't we protect the people we love ? he says that Elvis gave him many expensive gifts and let him ( them ) live in his houses and trust in him (them ) ! Is this the answer of friendship ?
    I've been saying this for over 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    I've been saying this for over 30 years.
    I'm sorry for Elvis choosing such so called friends !

A `best' friend wouldn't reveal such secrets.
    i don't think i'll be buying this book

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Angry Re: Elvis My Best Friend Excerpts

I refuse to even read his slop...I of course am usually asked, how do I know about "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" if I didn't read it?
    Well, there is such a thing as speed reading a couple pages and tossing it in the fireplace
    Anyone who ever knew him or loved him would not make money off of ugly stories and that is all they are doing. It does not mean that their is an once of truth in them.
    If I wrote a book, I would write one defending him. Or showing the world how much he gave of himself, all the positive things.

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    I refuse to even read his slop...I of course am usually asked, how do I know about "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" if I didn't read it?
    Well, there is such a thing as speed reading a couple pages and tossing it in the fireplace
    Anyone who ever knew him or loved him would not make money off of ugly stories and that is all they are doing. It does not mean that their is an once of truth in them.
    If I wrote a book, I would write one defending him. Or showing the world how much he gave of himself, all the positive things.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Best friend? It must have a different meaning for George Klein. All these years later and they are still trying to trash the man. They can write what they like, we know all he gave to us... his music, his concerts, his gifts to those he loved and to those he never even met. It seems the "best friends" in Elvis' life were really his fans, he would be so proud of us.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Best friend? It must have a different meaning for George Klein. All these years later and they are still trying to trash the man. They can write what they like, we know all he gave to us... his music, his concerts, his gifts to those he loved and to those he never even met. It seems the "best friends" in Elvis' life were really his fans, he would be so proud of us.

I have read much worse about Elvis He was like any other red blooded male I.M.O. But, i agree, you do not speak "Ill of the Dead" as we say in the South And, who doesn't have a temper?George has just went down a couple notches in my book
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Nicely said !!!!!! Nothing can change our love for Elvis 1 We are his best friends !

GIORGIA

Soooooooooooooooooooooo true!

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    Nicely said !!!!!! Nothing can change our love for Elvis 1 We are his best friends !
    True!Personally,I would been more than a friend.......................

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

I don't know what to think about these excerpts.

I don't know if GK is trying to write about Elvis, and show that he wasn't always the perfect man, which is confusing reading some comments on hear, because when someone like Jerry Schilling and Charlie Hodge write their books fans bashed it because they didn't tell about the personal issues like the drugs and stuff Elvis battled with.

I will eventually buy this, but music is my main thing, I learn about our boy that way for the most part, but I'm not going to throw mud at GK for telling his story, and it definitley does not mean he wasn't his friend, he's just telling what he saw and I don't think he would ever hurt Elvis or his memory, I think he's a good man !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Hmmm....now I don't know if I will buy it, or not.
    ...you're moving on the back roads, by the rivers of my memory and for hours you're just gentle on my mind.

what an unfortunate man that GK is..at that age of his and still in need of this cheap effort just like many others..yes, indeed they are a lot out there,still hoping to get more.. I am sorry for GK and alikes..

Quote Originally Posted by GIORGIA View Post
    True!Personally,I would been more than a friend.......................

You are very cute Giorgia !!!!!!!!

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Angry Re: Elvis My Best Friend Excerpts

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I don't know what to think about these excerpts.

I don't know if GK is trying to write about Elvis, and show that he wasn't always the perfect man, which is confusing reading some comments on hear, because when someone like Jerry Schilling and Charlie Hodge write their books fans bashed it because they didn't tell about the personal issues like the drugs and stuff Elvis battled with.

I will eventually buy this, but music is my main thing, I learn about our boy that way for the most part, but I'm not going to throw mud at GK for telling his story, and it definitley does not mean he wasn't his friend, he's just telling what he saw and I don't think he would ever hurt Elvis or his memory, I think he's a good man !

Pardon me for bringing this up, but "He's just telling what he saw?"
    Maybe. It seems to me that he is just telling what he wants to tell, and that he saw or did not see. Leaving his credibility and sales for we the Elvis fans to believe this is considered fact and from a friend. Bull!

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

TCB Mafia

I don't know if i believe this story or not.

I don't know if Elvis really would continue doing what he was doing with those women in front of the others especially his own father Vernon.

George Klein is known to make stories and embellish his relationship with Elvis and these stories may just be that but at least it is somewhat interesting compared to the stories he usually tells.

His book will probably be 75% of all the stuff he tells on his radio show which isn't anything negative at all and maybe 25% of the bad stuff to satisfy the publishers into publishing this book.
    You can't really write a book about Elvis without telling some bad stuff.

It's obvious the people at New York Post have chosen the juiciest bits from Klein's book. I doubt the whole book will exclusively contain stories like those. But anyway, I don't think they are so shocking or offensive. What I would find 'strange' is if Elvis being a man wouldn't have enjoyed watching those kind of 'shows'. Sex is part of human nature, it's not like he is telling Elvis was a rapist or a serial killer... in my opinion, nothing to worry about.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast