Thread: January 2005 RCA Releases!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

January 2005 RCA Releases!!!

Just found this information on EPE's website regarding 3 reissues and a new compilation that RCA is planning to release in January:

24-TRACK ROMANTIC COLLECTION LOVE, ELVIS DUE OUT JAN. 25, INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACK

BMG STRATEGIC MARKETING BEGINS ELVIS REISSUE SERIES TO HONOR HIS 70TH BIRTHDAY

ORIGINAL ALBUMS ELVIS PRESLEY, ELVIS, & LOVING YOU DUE OUT JANUARY 11

In honor of the King's 70th birthday, BMG Strategic Marketing will release the brand new collection Love, Elvis, a CD that brings together twenty-four of Elvis' greatest romantic songs, including a previously unreleased alternate take of "For The Good Times." Written by Kris Kristofferson, "For The Good Times" was take three, recorded March 27, 1972 and forgoing string accompaniment. Love, Elvis, which will be released January 25, also includes classics "Can't Helping Falling In Love," "It's Now or Never" (both with The Jordanaires) "Love Me Tender," and "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You." This collection spans Elvis' entire career, featuring recordings from 1956 to 1977.

BMG Strategic Marketing is also launching a reissue program of Elvis Presley's albums with the January 11 re-releases of Elvis Presley, Elvis and Loving You, the King's first three albums and three of rock ‘n' roll's all time greats. Each release is digitally remastered using DSD Technology for optimum sound and each reissue includes bonus tracks, rare photographs, and original album art.

The first rock n' roll album ever to reach no. 1, the March 1956 Elvis Presley includes "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Blue Moon" and the bonus tracks include the hit single "Heartbreak Hotel." Its distinctive album cover, with a black and white picture of a gyrating Elvis and the title written in pink and green, became so iconic that The Clash referenced it on their 1979 'London Calling' LP. Released in October 1956, the No. 1 Elvis, which counts "Don't Be Cruel," "Hound Dog," and "Love Me Tender" among its bonus tracks, was Presley's first release conceived as an album in its entirety. Made up of eighteen tracks, Elvis also includes a rare treat, the King's first ever self-accompaniment on piano on "Old Shep," which he had previously sung in 1945 at the Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show. While side one of 1957's No. 1 Loving You was the film's soundtrack, side two featured Elvis singing popular ballads. This reissue includes twenty tracks.

Love, Elvis Track List

1. Are You Lonesome Tonight?
    2. Can't Help Falling In Love
    3. Always On My Mind
    4. It's Now Or Never
    5. Love Me Tender
    6. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
    7. Don't
    8. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
    9. Any Way You Want Me
    10. Surrender
    11. Hawaiian Wedding Song
    12. Doin' The Best I Can
    13. Fever
    14. It Hurts Me
    15. I Just Can't Help Believin'
    16. The Wonder Of You
    17. Let It Be Me
    18. It's Impossible
    19. For The Good Times (previously unreleased)
    20. There Goes My Everything
    21. And I Love You So
    22. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
    23. Unchained Melody
    24. If I Can Dream

Elvis Presley Track List
    1. Blue Suede Shoes
    2. I'm Counting On You
    3. I Got A Woman
    4. One-Sided Love Affair
    5. I Love You Because
    6. Just Because
    7. Tutti Frutti
    8. Trying To Get To You
    9. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You)
    10. I'll Never Let You Go
    11. Blue Moon
    12. Money Honey
    BONUS TRACKS:
    13. Heartbreak Hotel
    14. I Was the One
    15. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy
    16. Shake, Rattle And Roll
    17. My Baby Left Me
    18. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

Elvis' Track List
    1. Rip It Up
    2. Love Me
    3. When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
    4. Long Tall Sally
    5. First In Line
    6. Paralyzed
    7. So Glad You're Mine
    8. Old Shep
    9. Ready Teddy
    10. Anyplace Is Paradise
    11. How's The World Treating You
    12. How Do You Think I Feel
    BONUS TRACKS:
    13. Playing For Keeps
    14. Too Much
    15. Don't Be Cruel
    16. Hound Dog
    17. Any Way You Want Me
    18. Love Me Tender

Loving You Track List
    1. Mean Woman Blues
    2. Teddy Bear
    3. Loving You
    4. Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do!
    5. Lonesome Cowboy
    6. Hot Dog
    7. Party
    8. Blueberry Hill
    9. True Love
    10. Don't Leave Me Now
    11. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
    12. I Need You So
    BONUS TRACKS:
    13. Tell Me Why
    14. Is It So Strange
    15. One Night Of Sin
    16. When It Rains, It Really Pours
    17. I Beg Of You (Alternate master)
    18. Party (Alternate master)
    19. Loving You (Uptempo version)
    20. Got A Lot O' Living' To Do! (Finale)

I've got to say that I am a bit surprised by the tracklisting for LOVE, ELVIS....there are some real surprise choices on this CD like HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG, DOIN' THE BEST I CAN, ANYWAY YOU WANT ME, IT HURTS ME, LET IT BE ME, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE and FOR THE GOOD TIMES! And although the tracklisting is a bit surprising, I do have to say I am not really surprised that RCA chose to include a previously unreleased track on here....how else would RCA be able to entice the collectors to purchase this CD? If it weren't for the unreleased version of FOR THE GOOD TIMES, most collectors would probably skip this release.

I'm also a bit perplexed at RCA's decision to re-release ELVIS, ELVIS PRESLEY and LOVING YOU AGAIN!!! These titles were just re-released a few years ago with the bonus tracks....NOW, RCA is expecting fans to buy these "re-re-releases" just because they have been remastered with the DSD technology? Does anyone else find this move anything but pure profit making on the part of RCA? I mean, if RCA was choosing to re-release an album that HADN'T ALREADY been re-released by adding bonus tracks AND remastered with DSD technology, then that would be one thing....but isn't RCA just flat out asking too much of fans to buy this album AGAIN??? Or, am I just nuts here????

Anyway....thought I would share this with everyone!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Horrible!

Hasn't BMG learned ANYTHING from the recent succes of ELvis???? The lesson to be learned was that something that didn't score during Elvis' life can do very well these days.

When will they understand that Elvis is much more than only 1956-1962!?!?! When will they understand that people might be more interested in other songs than those released by RCA in the 50s and 60s?

Don't they know that Elvis had recorded more songs than the 50+ that they are ALWAYS using?????? Don't they know that there are also pictures taken from Elvis AFTER 1960?????

‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Thumbs up Well said

I could not have put it better myself Albert WELL SAID

Maybe BMG should employ fans like you and many others for help with such decisions on new releases it sure would help them make the right ones.

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Cadillac King

Cool

Like I mentioned somewhere else, play the " Lords Prayer" and for all of us that do not believe in the Lord take out your gun and shoot those turkeys ( today is Thanksgiving anyway)- there will be a whole bunch of them listed on the credits on the cover( I am talking only about the "love" album). Incidently the "never before released" tag is strictly not true - it has been out on a FTD- so that does not count in BMGs book. Another question - why cannot those names( Credits) be printed in the same size as those of the fans listed in the 30 No 1s SE ?

There will be a whole bunch of people who will jump down my throat for this - but EMJ is primarily responsible. If Ernst has no control over the strategic marketing group and truly has only Elvis at heart, he should let it be known or he should quit BMG.

I do not buy this crap that FTD will fold if EMJ leaves- BMG have tasted the profits and know they can keep draging that string around for a few more years for sure and they know also that EMJ is probably the best - outside the few experts we here know about

But the hard reality is that he has found a well paying job doing what he loves and would be loathe to leave. He can swallow a few more such " love" potions insults ( from within BMG) and survive.

jb
    Last edited by jbgude; 11-25-2004 at 05:41 AM.

Cadillac King
    JungleRoom 76: Yes, they were just re-released a few years ago, but then they were pulled from the mainstream catalog. I don't know about the music stores where you live, but you can't find those albums here. I'm glad that they are being re-released so those in the general public that want to buy them CAN buy them. I don't think BMG expects all the hardcore fans to
    re-buy them because of DSD technology(I'm not)! The purpose of this(other
    than making money) is to get "important" Elvis albums back in general circulation. You should be happy about this. I'm hoping this means that other great albums such as "Elvis Is Back" and "Elvis Country"(to name just two) will one day be back in general circulation.

As for "Love, Elvis": Yes, I know there have been a number of love song collections. And, Yes, I know we hardcore fans who buy everything don't
    NEED another one. But, again, this isn't primarily aimed at us. It's aimed at the general public. Again, I don't know about your music stores, but you can't find any of the previous love song comps. around here. And it will sell.
    Regardless of chart placing(or not). This release is ALL about making money.
    That's what for-profit corporations do.

Personally, I welcome "Love, Elvis. Elvis, the "balladeer" is my favorite.
    There's nothing I'd rather listen to than an Elvis love song.

Question

For the good times (as said on an other site) has been issued...i don"t mind the loving you cd etc as it was taking of the market...but another love song com...going back wards BMG

Get another single out with video...and have the song on a cd that is diffrent for the public to get it,ie a live cd...now that is diffrent,and with the ALOHA dvd selling all over the place...why not.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Horrible!

Hasn't BMG learned ANYTHING from the recent succes of ELvis???? The lesson to be learned was that something that didn't score during Elvis' life can do very well these days.

When will they understand that Elvis is much more than only 1956-1962!?!?! When will they understand that people might be more interested in other songs than those released by RCA in the 50s and 60s?

Don't they know that Elvis had recorded more songs than the 50+ that they are ALWAYS using?????? Don't they know that there are also pictures taken from Elvis AFTER 1960?????

yeh, you're right albert, i totally agree, always the same pics from the same years in the papers, even with an incorrect date beside
    the same for BMG, always the 50's or begin 60's Elvis you see...

Quote Originally Posted by JerryNodak
    JungleRoom 76: Yes, they were just re-released a few years ago, but then they were pulled from the mainstream catalog. I don't know about the music stores where you live, but you can't find those albums here. I'm glad that they are being re-released so those in the general public that want to buy them CAN buy them. I don't think BMG expects all the hardcore fans to
    re-buy them because of DSD technology(I'm not)! The purpose of this(other
    than making money) is to get "important" Elvis albums back in general circulation. You should be happy about this. I'm hoping this means that other great albums such as "Elvis Is Back" and "Elvis Country"(to name just two) will one day be back in general circulation.

As for "Love, Elvis": Yes, I know there have been a number of love song collections. And, Yes, I know we hardcore fans who buy everything don't
    NEED another one. But, again, this isn't primarily aimed at us. It's aimed at the general public. Again, I don't know about your music stores, but you can't find any of the previous love song comps. around here. And it will sell.
    Regardless of chart placing(or not). This release is ALL about making money.
    That's what for-profit corporations do.

Personally, I welcome "Love, Elvis. Elvis, the "balladeer" is my favorite.
    There's nothing I'd rather listen to than an Elvis love song.
    FIRST AND FOREMOST JERRY, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! WE HOPE YOU ENJOY IT HERE AND WE'RE PROUD TO HAVE YOU JOIN OUR FAMILY!!!

I couldn't agree with you more that the important Elvis albums should always be available to fans all over the world! But, if these albums are so important to showcase Elvis Presley to the world, then why did RCA choose to delete them in the first place? Although I certainly don't know the in's and out's of the whole thing, I am guessing that RCA deleted these titles originally due to a lack of sales....would this be an educated guess? So, assuming that RCA did in fact delete these albums because of a dropoff in sales, then why re-issue them? Would it not make sense that the reason the sales dropped off on these CD's originally was because all of the fans who wanted them got them? And, yes I definitely realize that new fans are born every single day....but are there enough new fans being born to justify RCA spending money to re-re-release these CD's again, simply using the new and improved sound quality as the sales point? I am wondering if the money RCA is using on these re-re-releases wouldn't be better spent on a new compilation of some kind, like the LOVE, ELVIS CD. The whole thing just puzzles me a little that's all....

And as for the LOVE, ELVIS CD, I am very interested in that one! Although, again, I am a little unhappy with RCA's promotion tactics of including an "unreleased" recording to most likely try and get fans/collectors who might not buy this set otherwise, to purchase LOVE, ELVIS. But I do have to say, as I said in my original post, that I like the tracklisting for LOVE, ELVIS. It has just enough different songs on it to make it fresh and different, and not just another rehashed love songs CD. I truly think casual record buyers who pick up LOVE, ELVIS will definitely become new and/or bigger fans listening to some of the more rare tracks RCA chose to include on this CD like DOIN' THE BEST I CAN, ANYWAY YOU WANT ME and IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!

THANKS AGAIN for your comments Jerry and once again....WELCOME to the board!!

TCB!
    Mike

Cadillac King
    Thanks Mike. I made similar comments on these subjects on another message board and was practically roasted alive. Was even accused of not being much of a fan. Thanks again, Mike.

Backstage Pass
    I think all of this releases will hardly sell. I don't know how many of you are gonna buy them, but personally I am gonna skip them all, I don't buy cd's anymore with songs on them I allready have a 100 times. I am getting enough of all these compilations with always the same songs on it, don't we have enough greatest hits cd's yet.
    It's about time they would release a cd with only 70's stuff, so that people around the world will know that Elvis is not only Hound Dog.

International Level
    Yeah I agree, and to publically push a 70's CD. When anyone heard "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" from 1970, they are blown away.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Quote Originally Posted by JerryNodak
    Thanks Mike. I made similar comments on these subjects on another message board and was practically roasted alive. Was even accused of not being much of a fan. Thanks again, Mike.
    No problem Jerry! It was my pleasure to respond to your comments, and that is one of the greatest things about this board....you can feel free to post your comments without having to worry about being "roasted alive" by the other members!! It's actually nice to see so many people offer different opinions about the various topics we discuss here....it really makes for some interesting discussions, in my opinion!

THANKS AGAIN for your comments, and I look forward to seeing you around the board!

TCB!
    Mike