Thread: Info On The Dvd's Aloha And Comeback

In addition to the two CD releases "Elvis At SUN" and "Memphis Celebrates 50 Years Of Rock And Roll", BMG Strategic Marketing has partnered with Elvis Presley Enterprises to distribute two comprehensive deluxe DVD box sets chronicling two of Elvis Presley?s most memorable television appearances. The DVDs ?ELVIS: ?68 Comeback Special - Deluxe Edition DVD? and ?ELVIS, Aloha from Hawaii - Deluxe Edition DVD? feature all the previously released material and an abundance of previously unreleased footage.

The ?ELVIS: ?68 Comeback Special - Deluxe Edition DVD? is a three-disc set featuring all the material shot for Elvis Presley?s 1968 television special, which is considered one of rock ?n? roll?s greatest moments on television and one of the most magical and important moments of Elvis?s career. The original broadcast version of the special is included for historical context. The DVD set features the two complete jam session concerts and the two complete solo concerts ? all with Elvis in black leather ? that were shot as the resource for the heart of the original broadcast. These four concerts have never been released in their entirety. Also included are all takes of the material shot for the original broadcast?s two big production numbers and for the show?s opening and closing segments. Over half of the seven hours of material on this set is previously unreleased. The material is presented with newly re-mastered sound and picture.

?ELVIS, Aloha from Hawaii - Deluxe Edition DVD? is a two-disc set featuring all the performance material formally shot in conjunction with Elvis?s ?Aloha from Hawaii? television special ? an historic concert event seen in more than 40 countries by 1.5 billion people when it initially aired in 1973. The original American broadcast version of the show is included for historical context. The DVD set features the complete concert that was adapted for that special and the complete rehearsal concert performed two days before. Both concerts are presented with newly re-mastered sound and picture and are being released in their complete, uncut form for the first time. Also included is the raw, uncut footage shot for the ?Elvis arrives? sequence of the special?s original opening and the raw, uncut performance footage of songs recorded for the after-show session that Elvis taped as a resource of extra material for the American broadcast.

Got this info from elvisnews.com. I'am really looking forward to these releases Imo a great asset to anyones collection.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Thanks for posting, Annie. They definitely all sound worthwhile. It will be interesting to hear how improved the sound is on the Sun tracks from the new source(s). Of course the DVDs should be simply awesome.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Man, I just can't wait for these DVD's

One minor complain is the artwork for the two DVD's. Elvis looked so extremely good at those shows, so why not use pictures from those?

‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Sure they should've used pictures on the sleeves, but hey: it's the content that counts, right?

For as far as I'm concerned they could've released those in a white sleeve!
    These two dvd's seem to be the best Elvis releases in years, including TTWII SE!

But I see your point, Albert...

Bye,
    Sonny

Cadillac King
    Guys(and Girls) -this is raging point on FECC - sadly most people forget the point, that the hardcore fans dont give a **** about the cover -but to the casual fan it is important- if it was not we would not have Pictures on any product - a plain brown bag would do just as well. A picture is worth a thousand words - and a poor picture may not decrease sales but surely would not increase it.

I know of a casual fan who was amazed at the TTWII -SE he did not buy because the cover did not attract him and he did not even bother to read the blurb on the back cover...think of of the "2nd to none " CD today - do you think the casual buyer will even realise what that album is supposed to be? Is it Elvis ? What is this no jailhouse no hearbreak no In the ghetto or Suspcious Minds hmmm..well lets just forget about it.....this really happened - with a guy I know who "likes Elvis" - I had to step in and explain, (we were out shopping for a PC and casually wandered into the music section). Most of us want Elvis to do well and having well designed covers is an important part of the job.

While there was one guy mentioning the price for UK (?50 for both) -I am not sure if it is official or correct. Does anyone know what the price is going to be in the USA and elsewhere ? I just hope these are Code free editions - it would help sales no end. I need to start saving up!

jb

Originally posted by Sonny@Apr 27 2004, 08:29 AM
    Sure they should've used pictures on the sleeves, but hey: it's the content that counts, right?

For as far as I'm concerned they could've released those in a white sleeve!
    These two dvd's seem to be the best Elvis releases in years, including TTWII SE!

But I see your point, Albert...

Bye,
    Sonny
    I understood that these covers are just cardboard boxes not actual DVD keepcase covers?
    What an excellent day for an exorcism

These do seem to be THE DVD's we've all been waiting for, I personally can't wait

Fantastic!!!

Keith

TCB Mafia
    I can't wait to get them.....they should be fantastic

Though why its taken so many years is beyond me

I can Understand some peoples complaints about the packaging too.

I know it is the material thats the most important thing...but there are so many outstanding photos from both And thats the best they can come up with

But still....i can't wait to get hold of them
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    MY BOY, MY BOY...IS IT JUNE YET???

I can't wait to get my hands on these DVD's!!! I agree with Sonny that these could easily be the BEST thing EPE has released in YEARS!!!

7 HOURS OF FOOTAGE ON THE '68 COMEBACK DVD SET!!! AT LEAST 2-3 HOURS OF FOOTAGE ON THE ALOHA DVD SET!!! :worthy:

While I agree that the ALOHA cover art could stand a picture or two on it, personally I think the '68 COMEBACK cover art is quite nice...simple, yet tasteful! (Although I will be anxious to see what our alternate cover art geniuses here on the board come up with!&#33

Let's hope this project doesn't get messed up somehow like TTWII-SE did, when they weren't able to deliver the additional footage that everyone was promised when the movie premiered in Memphis during EW00!

Here's hoping!!
    TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!