Thread: Did Elvis enjoy recording christmas songs?

Coming On Strong

Did Elvis enjoy recording christmas songs?

I was wandering if anyone knows if Elvis ever mentioned that if he enjoyed his christmas songs or not? I know he didn't like most of his movie songs but hopefully the Christmas songs were alot of fun for him to record. My 2 favorite Christmas songs of his would be Holly leaves and Christmas trees, If everyday was like Christmas. I always enjoy hearing from my Elvis friends from TCB i hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year your Elvis friend Gerald!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Re: Did Elvis enjoy recording christmas songs?

Since Christmas was Elvis' favorite time of year, I would imagine he enjoyed recording his Christmas music very much!!!

The only drawback would probably be the fact that he had to record his Christmas music earlier in the year (like September '57 & May '71) so it could be released in enough time for the holiday, so I would imagine that would make it harder for him to get into the Christmas spirit...

But just listen to those Christmas tracks and you can clearly feel and hear the Christmas spirit come through in every word he sang!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

I have to say that is a yes!

The many songs related to Christmas he recorded, and how his friends and family describe him around the Holiday season leads me to believe it was his favorite Holiday season.

I think Elvis loved surprising people around him with lavish gifts.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I have to say that is a yes!

The many songs related to Christmas he recorded, and how his friends and family describe him around the Holiday season leads me to believe it was his favorite Holiday season.

I think Elvis loved surprising people around him with lavish gifts.
    ABSOLUTELY PAL!!!

No matter who you listen to from Elvis' inner circle, they all agree that Elvis loved Christmas time because he loved giving people gifts and seeing the look of surprise when they received them.

Of course, he really loved to do that anytime of the year, but I would guess even more so at Christmas time!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

I'm pretty certain that he did

It's well documented of how much he enjoyed the Christmas season, plus he also had several recording sessons covering Christmas material.

The one story of Elvis and Christmas that stands out to me is one I heard Sonny West talk about one time, where instead of giving out the custom "Christmas Bonus Checks $$$" to the guys, Elvis instead gave them an envelope containing gift certificates to McDonalds!
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Male View Post
    The one story of Elvis and Christmas that stands out to me is one I heard Sonny West talk about one time, where instead of giving out the custom "Christmas Bonus Checks $$$" to the guys, Elvis instead gave them an envelope containing gift certificates to McDonalds!
    I heard George Klein tell that same story and that is just such classic Elvis!!!

TCB!
    Mike

To add what Jungleroom said. He had to recorg them early in the year. Well. he could,ve recorded them in his bedroom, where i read he kept it like cold as a freezer Yes, i believe he enjoyed recording Christmas songs
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

In the 'Recording Sessions' book it mentions that Elvis would have a Christmas tree set up the recording studio so he could get the Christmas feeling.

Brian