Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will be the next FTD release?

Re: What will be the next FTD release?

What I would like to see is a comprehensive Stax album double CD similar to the memphis 69 recent release. Forget promised Land, Good Times etc and lets have a definitive Stax release.

Failing that, at least a best of Stax (which would be one of the strongest Elvis albums ever).
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    I just hope they will release a show from an engagement that hasn't been covered yet. They have spent so much time covering the summer '76 tours, the '69 Vegas comeback and the TTWII shows that I think it's time they try and release a show from an engagement like the July '75 shows in Asheville or Uniondale. Those were some OUTSTANDING shows!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    sure would agree with your choice of a release of the ashville shows arguably some of his best.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trelane P View Post
    What I would like to see is a comprehensive Stax album double CD similar to the memphis 69 recent release. Forget promised Land, Good Times etc and lets have a definitive Stax release.

Failing that, at least a best of Stax (which would be one of the strongest Elvis albums ever).
    I really think the FTD releases of Raised On Rock and Good Times is the best and the definitive release of the stax sessions !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    I really think the FTD releases of Raised On Rock and Good Times is the best and the definitive release of the stax sessions !
    Don't forget the PROMISED LAND album buddy!!!

I'm sure that once they re-release the PROMISED LAND album in the classic albums series, they will have released everything from Stax that they have so there won't be a need to put out a Stax Sessions CD.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trelane P View Post

Unfortunately, some of the material from Stax isn't nearly as strong as the '69 Memphis Sessions, so I highly doubt they would release a Stax CD commercially. I just don't think there is enough demand from the mainstream audience for THREE CORN PATCHES...

And with the releases of GOOD TIMES and RAISED ON ROCK (and the high probability of a PROMISED LAND re-release) in the FTD classic albums series, RCA has most likely released all the usable material they have from Stax so unless they find something monumental, I doubt they will put a Stax compilation out either...

But you never know...

TCB!
    Mike

Don't forget the PROMISED LAND album buddy!!!

I'm sure that once they re-release the PROMISED LAND album in the classic albums series, they will have released everything from Stax that they have so there won't be a need to put out a Stax Sessions CD.

TCB!
    Mike
    Your right Mike, once they get Promised Land out, which seems to be the most eagerly anticipated releases from FTD, those three will be a great collection of the stax material in any fans collection.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

I just don't think there is enough demand from the mainstream audience for THREE CORN PATCHES
    Hey I dig that song, or any song that has to do with corn....yummie!

"Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by boogie View Post
    a sounboard from the ashville shows 1975
    There one Show is soundboard is July 23 (Evening Show) - Civic Center, Asheville, North Carolina (Incomplete recording )
    That's be nice have.

There The Houston Show From 1970 That's nice see release Too
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

I have been hearing a rumor of a ftd release of Nov.10/1957 hawaii concert along with the hawaii concert from March 25 1961 complete shows and Jailhouse Rock vol.2 at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisehall1 View Post
    I have been hearing a rumor of a ftd release of Nov.10/1957 hawaii concert along with the hawaii concert from March 25 1961 complete shows and Jailhouse Rock vol.2 at the same time.
    A concert from '57 I wish !!!!!!

I say its time for Ernst to release the Louisiana Hayride Show he has from December 15th 1956.

Heartbreak Hotel
    Long Tall Sally
    I Was The One
    Love Me Tender
    Dont Be Cruel
    Love Me
    I Got A Woman
    When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
    Paralyzed
    Hound Dog
    Elvis Has Left The Building

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Male View Post
    Hey I dig that song...
    Especially the 15 minute extended remixed remix!!!

TCB!
    Mike

I hope they will release the Memphis concert from 1961. If it eksist on tape.

TCB. Jan.

I'd go with the Hawaii 61 concert...............that would be cool!!!!!

...............and Mike...............I love 'Three Corn Patches' too.............LOL
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    ...............and Mike...............I love 'Three Corn Patches' too.............LOL
    Clearly I am in the minority on this one...

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    I'd go with the Hawaii 61 concert...............that would be cool!!!!!
    That was released in 1980 - after the vastly superior bootleg version on vinyl - and updated with better sound when the silver boxed set was released on CD.

You're not going to get better quality than that. If FTD did this, it would be another money-making rip-off.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

The release of Promised Land (double cd set, 7 inch) was mentioned last year already for release (with last year I mean 2008).

So that will probably come out soon.

Getlo is right about the Hawaii 61 releases. The sound will never get better. Then again, a lot of fans do not have the Silver box, or the original LP album.

So FTD might be ripping off the hardcore collectors, but not the newer fans that do not own the earlier releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    That was released in 1980 - after the vastly superior bootleg version on vinyl - and updated with better sound when the silver boxed set was released on CD.

You're not going to get better quality than that. If FTD did this, it would be another money-making rip-off.
    Got a few box sets, don't have this one Getlo...........will have to treat myself...........LOL
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Wow! I'm just getting into the FTD series over the last year. Just picked up Elvis Presely, Jungle Room Sessions and In a Private Moment. I have a lot of he Nashville and Memphis session stuff too. I am one of the newbies who have never heard the '61 Hawaii show. That would be insteresting. I have to pick up Jailhouse Rock Vol. 1 and Good Times next go round. Sounds like Promised Land would be a big seller too. Do they have Madison Square Garden or Memphis '74 on FTD?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    Do they have Madison Square Garden or Memphis '74 on FTD?
    Memphis, yes, the complete and unedited show with a better mix than the original. The original album had dubbed applause and sounded fake.

While they're at it, FTD should do an Aloha double-disc.

Again, both shows unedited. The rehearsal show released back in the 80s was one of the worst mixes ever. Just awful.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast