Thread: Good Times FTD Released

Good Times FTD Released

The latest Follow That Dream CD - "Good Times" has been released. This edition is a 2-disc set in the Classic Album Series. Originally released in 1974, this great album features the legendary “Good...

Link To Original Article

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Re: Good Times FTD Released

This is good news.
    Sadly it will be a month or so before I can purchase any follow that dream releases.
    Just now am i catching up on getting the original boxsets that rca / bmg have put out over the last 20 or so years. Almost caught up though.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

not long till I get my little mits on this then............LOL
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

Got mine on order through ShopElvis.com

They said ship date will be Dec 30, meaning I'll get it around October 25
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Male View Post
    Got mine on order through ShopElvis.com

They said ship date will be Dec 30, meaning I'll get it around October 25
    Shop Elvis is definitley I would say one of the cheapest places for USA Citizens to order FTD's from, isn't TMAHM faster though even for us USA fans?
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

EMM will be quicker, or Essentialelvis in UK too
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Thank you alot!

Question , was the album Good Times, taken from the December 1973 Sessions, and the Raised On Rock was taken from the July '73 sessions?

I'm listening to Raised On Rock outtakes at the moment, in anticipation for the Good Times FTD and trying to figure out the dates of these outtakes!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Question , was the album Good Times, taken from the December 1973 Sessions, and the Raised On Rock was taken from the July '73 sessions?

I'm listening to Raised On Rock outtakes at the moment, in anticipation for the Good Times FTD and trying to figure out the dates of these outtakes!
    Yes, the tracks on the GOOD TIMES album were all recorded at the December '73 Stax sessions with the exception of TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER and I'VE GOT A THING ABOUT YOU BABY which were leftovers from the July '73 sessions.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Yes, the tracks on the GOOD TIMES album were all recorded at the December '73 Stax sessions with the exception of TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER and I'VE GOT A THING ABOUT YOU BABY which were leftovers from the July '73 sessions.

TCB!
    Mike
    Thanks Mike for that reply!

Have to say those two songs along with For Ole Times Sake, and I Miss You were "the" highlights from the july sessions for me. I much perfer the December sessions on many levels. I think after Elvis had gotten out of the hospital in October he became more motivated in the dec. sessions!

Thanks Mike for that reply!
    Glad to help out pal!!!

Have to say those two songs along with For Ole Times Sake, and I Miss You were "the" highlights from the july sessions for me. I much perfer the December sessions on many levels. I think after Elvis had gotten out of the hospital in October he became more motivated in the dec. sessions!
    Don't forget also that during the July sessions, someone stole Elvis' favorite microphone which p****d him off and between that incident and the poor sound quality of the sessions (plus probably his health too, as you pointed out), Elvis just wasn't interested in recording, thus the lackluster output and short recording sessions.

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Glad to help out pal!!!

Don't forget also that during the July sessions, someone stole Elvis' favorite microphone which p****d him off and between that incident and the poor sound quality of the sessions (plus probably his health too, as you pointed out), Elvis just wasn't interested in recording, thus the lackluster output and short recording sessions.

TCB!
    Mike
    I was amused though with the chatter on the disc 2 outtakes from the sessions, he still kept his sense of humour. You know Mike, I've always believed that Elvis during this time, felt like if he couldn't give it his all, and if he wasn't into the session in that "mood" he had to be in, he felt like he couldn't cut it and therefore have a lackluster performance. Have to remember, he was a perfectionist.

I was amused though with the chatter on the disc 2 outtakes from the sessions, he still kept his sense of humour. You know Mike, I've always believed that Elvis during this time, felt like if he couldn't give it his all, and if he wasn't into the session in that "mood" he had to be in, he felt like he couldn't cut it and therefore have a lackluster performance. Have to remember, he was a perfectionist.
    I agree that it is quite funny to listen to the studio banter on the outtakes, and actually considering the mood that many people said he was in during those July sessions, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Elvis joking around between songs.

And I also agree that Elvis was indeed a perfectionist, which is probably why the July sessions were cut short. Like you said, if the recordings weren't going to be 100% to Elvis' liking, then he wasn't going to record anything until it was all set up the way he wanted it.

TCB!
    Mike