Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what will Elvis's legacy be like in 10 years?

Backstage Pass

what will Elvis's legacy be like in 10 years?

I wonder about this? Lisa has little interest, and her children seem pretty removed from it as well.

TCB Mafia

Re: what will Elvis's legacy be like in 10 years?

the fans will keep his legacy alive i guess but with generations to come it will slowly be errasen. I wonder if Priscilla will stop her appearences related to Elvis that Lisa will carry on. I doubt that very much.
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

TCB Mafia

No worries. You can't deny the greatness in the music and his influence on all who followed.

Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    the fans will keep his legacy alive
    That is true

but with generations to come it will slowly be errasen.
    I don't think so.
    I think it will stay as long as there are Elvis fans in the world.
    And once you are a Elvis Fan, it's for life

I wonder if Priscilla will stop her appearences related to Elvis that Lisa will carry on.
    I doubt that very much.
    I think that when Priscilla will stop her appearances related to Elvis that Lisa will take over.
    Too keep the memory of her father alive.
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

elvis legacy will be just fine...will live on for another gazillion years... the world will eternaly love this great great man:..i bow down only to god and elvis
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Cadillac King

The way i see it, is aslong as EPE keep reaching out to new fans, there will always be Elvis.

Like myself for example, im 21 i have 60 years + of being an Elvis fan.

TCB Mafia

that is true too italianfan. I grant myself at least still 40 years of full time elvis fan. I'm 43.
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

the problem with the Elvis legacy is that Sony owns his recordings - at least the ones that aren't public domain

and the estate owns his image and some works - but they don't seem to care overmuch about quality packages

if you look at the shop on the official site - movies, music and dvds are lumped into one category - and largely lost in the listings for clothes, pictures, knickknacks and the other crap they sell

Sony is interested in compliations and greatest hits - little thought to Elvis' vast recordings or fan interest

so, I rely on companies like www.memphisrecordingservice.com and other bootleggers to put together quality packages

the fans will keep his legacy alive i guess but with generations to come it will slowly be errasen. I wonder if Priscilla will stop her appearences related to Elvis that Lisa will carry on. I doubt that very much.

I agree. The problem is when the generation of fans which are (about) Elvis' age die off. I don't think there are enough younger fans to replace them.......I hope I am wrong!!!!
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Polk-Salad-Annie View Post
    That is true

I don't think so.
    I think it will stay as long as there are Elvis fans in the world.
    And once you are a Elvis Fan, it's for life

I think that when Priscilla will stop her appearances related to Elvis that Lisa will take over.
    Too keep the memory of her father alive.

I'm not too sure of that myself.............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by monk37 View Post
    the problem with the Elvis legacy is that Sony owns his recordings - at least the ones that aren't public domain

and the estate owns his image and some works - but they don't seem to care overmuch about quality packages

if you look at the shop on the official site - movies, music and dvds are lumped into one category - and largely lost in the listings for clothes, pictures, knickknacks and the other crap they sell

Sony is interested in compliations and greatest hits - little thought to Elvis' vast recordings or fan interest

so, I rely on companies like www.memphisrecordingservice.com and other bootleggers to put together quality packages

Absolutely

TCB Mafia

not sure either that Lisa will replace her mom in that fuction and certainly i see not do the grandkids that job either. They never even met him, and don't seem to be told a lot about him either.

When the generation dies that were kids of fans , i think his name will keep lingering on ofcourse and the life (his life) they will come to know will be a partly truth partly fictive but the BIG intrest will diminish.

Like we are not all that intrested anymore in great actors and singers who died around WWII and before

The names still ring a bell with us but we are not really into them anymore, you know what i mean....

not sure either that Lisa will replace her mom in that fuction and certainly i see not do the grandkids that job either. They never even met him, and don't seem to be told a lot about him either.

When the generation dies that were kids of fans , i think his name will keep lingering on ofcourse and the life (his life) they will come to know will be a partly truth partly fictive but the BIG intrest will diminish.

Like we are not all that intrested anymore in great actors and singers who died around WWII and before

The names still ring a bell with us but we are not really into them anymore, you know what i mean....

Absolutely

International Level spanish eyes's Avatar

IMO Lisa is a private person she'll have her own special memories of her time with her Father and I'm sure she will pass those memories onto her children. Lisa loved her Father so much that's why she respects his memory this way.

Lisa keeps his memory alive in her songs and also her charity work and I'm sure her Dad would be very proud of her.

I first heard his voice when I was 5 years old, I didn't see him I just heard him and that's all it took for me to want to hear more from him. So IMO as long as the record companies keep producing his music, there will be fans.
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

LIF

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by spanish eyes View Post
    IMO Lisa is a private person she'll have her own special memories of her time with her Father and I'm sure she will pass those memories onto her children. Lisa loved her Father so much that's why she respects his memory this way.

Lisa keeps his memory alive in her songs and also her charity work and I'm sure her Dad would be very proud of her.

I first heard his voice when I was 5 years old, I didn't see him I just heard him and that's all it took for me to want to hear more from him. So IMO as long as the record companies keep producing his music, there will be fans.
    I think a lot of Lisa Marie telling fans of special memories of her father are just her telling fans what they want to hear.

I think it's possible Elvis might not be proud of Lisa and if he were alive they might not be close

TCB Mafia

Yes, I agree with every word you said

I think you are 100% right

he might have somthing to say about 4 marriages............

Backstage Pass

bruno put it best. I think those who were around for it all feel like we know him intimately. we are die hards, so to speak. I don't see Lisa as becoming a person representing him like Priscilla has, like it or not, she seems to like being visually there.

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Quote Originally Posted by italianfan View Post
    The way i see it, is aslong as EPE keep reaching out to new fans, there will always be Elvis.

Like myself for example, im 21 i have 60 years + of being an Elvis fan.

Excellent post.
    Consider that I fell in love (really!) with Elvis when I was 8 years old!
    I had a horrible childhood and life anyhow, so when Mom didn't like it, I soon had her in love with him too! LOL
    I am going on 63 and I haven't changed my mind one bit.
    Elvis is the only man who can still make my knees weak...many a handsome movie star such as Clint Walker and all his charming 6'7 was of course noticed by me. I'm human, but there is no one on this earth like Elvis Presley.
    There will never be one who can replace him, however talented and good looking.
    Josh Groban is a darling..very talented youngman...
    I can dismiss anyone who has ever been "Good and likable" except for ELVIS!
    Sooooooooo having rambled on and on, I doubt the young fans will ever let him die. So to speak. And his young family members may take over where 'Cilla" leaves off, and/or Lisa Marie....those new twin baby girls may grow up to be in love with their Granfather more than anyone could guess!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clint7.jpg  
    Last edited by Genie; 12-06-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: add photo

What has been the trend up to now? That might point to where it's going.
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast