Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis smoking - Which are his favorite cigarettes?

Re: Elvis smoking - Which are his favorite cigarettes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    Elvis never smoked cigarettes.He only posed with them in pics. Very very rarely he smoked a cigarette.He was a cigarillo and cigar smoker just like me. He loved cigarillos.
    This is true. I don't know where anyone got that Elvis smokes cigarettes. I recall Myrna Smith of The Sweet Inspirations once telling a story about how Elvis hated the smell of them and that he only smoke cigars. If Marty Lacker said he did smoke cigarettes then he's either lying or has lost his mind..
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    This is true. I don't know where anyone got that Elvis smokes cigarettes. I recall Myrna Smith of The Sweet Inspirations once telling a story about how Elvis hated the smell of them and that he only smoke cigars. If Marty Lacker said he did smoke cigarettes then he's either lying or has lost his mind..
    Exactly. I don't believe anything what any of the Memphis mafia guys says anyway. I remember that story vivaelvis. Not that he only didn't like the smell of cigarettes, he couldn't stand when people smoked around him. Btw. he didn't drink alcohol. He drank very rarely and was never at ease having a drink.I think it's cause he had quite e few alcoholics in his family.

in the new Viva Las vegas book there are pcitures of him smoking cigaretes
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    in the new Viva Las vegas book there are pcitures of him smoking cigaretes
    Are you sure it wasn't a long skinny cigar or pipe? Elvis did smoke those but not regular cigarettes.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

right because you and Myrna were with Elvis every minute of his whole life
    please
    you cant say that because you dont know.
    As far as for your marty comments,
    Im pretty sure he would know more than a fan.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Are you sure it wasn't a long skinny cigar or pipe? Elvis did smoke those but not regular cigarettes.
    Again stop with the assuming that as a fact, you dont know!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained Melody View Post
    right because you and Myrna were with Elvis every minute of his whole life
    please
    you cant say that because you dont know.
    As far as for your marty comments,
    Im pretty sure he would know more than a fan.
    Don't be so naive. Myrna smoked herself so she of all would know how he felt about it since she was around him a lot because of her relationship with Schilling. I am only going by what has been stated by multiple sources and not just by what Myrna said.

I have met Lacker face to face and I can tell you he's a arrogant jerk. I have heard others say the same thing too so it wasn't just my impression of him.

Here's a site that has multiple photos of Elvis smoking. http://www.elvis-postcards.com/Elvis-Cigars.html

I have NEVER seen him smoke a cigarette nor heard that he ever did. Thus not believing that he did without visual proof.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis.jpg  

Why would Marty lie about something so trivial? Note, he says that Elvis' cigarette smoking was in the 50s/60s. Myrna didn't meet Elvis until 1969, so perhaps by then he only smoked cigars. He probably always preferred cigars, but on occasion smoked cigarettes.

I have NEVER seen him smoke a cigarette nor heard that he ever did. Thus not believing that he did without visual proof.

One was already posted in this thread:
    http://www.tcb-world.com/attachment....1&d=1259291042

there is a photo of him with a cigi in his mouth posted here in this thread. As is said there are photos of him in the Tunzi Viva Las Vegas book of him smoking a cigarette.

In his inventory of stuff to be with him while on tour cigarettes are listed as are cigars. I don't knwo why it matters if he did or didn't smoke cigarettes because Elvis himself blew the " he doesn't smoke" myth out of the water.

Well, I stand corrected.

"He didn't smoke or drink, but he would, when he did smoke, he smoked the same brand that I did, Tarryton. And, he could smoke that whole pack in an hour and then if he poured himself a drink, he could drink that whole bottle."

It goes to show that there's so much still to learn about Elvis the man than we already know. It also shows there's a lot out there about him that isn't true.

i remember that the public story was that Elvis didn't smoke at all, the all these photos of him with cigars started turning up, i never understood why it was a problem that he smoked. Myth making i guess

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12