Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis day by day LiveJournal community

Elvis day by day LiveJournal community

I don't know if any of you have a live journal but for those of you who do...
    ive set up an "Elvis Day By Day" community where i post entries about what Elvis did "today" in different years...If you don't have a live journal, i guess this may be a good reason to get one so you can join and read the posts every day!

http://www.livejournal.com/user/elvis_daybyday/

Sincerly, Yiddle Yisa (h)
    "Somebody does somethin' stupid, that's human.
    They don't stop when they see it's wrong, that's a fool."
    - Elvis Presley
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rock/19086.jpg
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!
    apparently -- i was born in the WRONG era!

TCB Mafia
    everyone should get a livejournal

OH MY GOD YES!

say it again! i dont think anyone heard you!
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

TCB Mafia
    EVERYONE SHOULD GET A LIVEJOURNAL
    think they heard me now?

lol probably not!
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

International Level
    I think Live Journals are predominantly done by younger people, at the highest in their twenties.
    I've come across them in another fandom, and frankly: they baffle me.
    Aside from the fact that I truly wonder where people get the time to keep one, I also wonder why they feel it's necessary to write often very intimate things, or very mundane things down for everybody to read......(as is done on those I stumbled onto )
    so my humble opinion from a very busy (soon to be) forty something with a job, a household, family, social responsibilities: it's not for me.

I'm happy enough to be able to squeeze in some moments here and there to answer e-mails, and while I'm on-line take a peek at this MB and one other in another fandom, to see if something interesting was posted

TCB Mafia
    i dont write intimate things or very mundane things in mine. at least i dont think so i dont write anything i dont want anyone else to read about (of course not) and those who reads it happens to like to read about my life for some reason lol...or whatever i write about...
    if you have time to sit by the computer and write on MB's you could write in a lj. sometimes it goes days before i update mine and sometimes i update it several days after another. you dont HAVE to update it every single day :smile:
    not saying you should get one thats up to you of course...just saying in general :smile:
    but theres no age limit to lj tho. old and young write there
    :smile:

lol its ok ... your never too old for fun!

do you know that girl "elviselviselvis" on my friends list? she's 42!
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

Yiddle Yisa,

The link in your first post doesn't seem to work for me.

Live journals are an interesting phenomenon, I don't run one myself, but have found some of the ones I've come across to be of interest, while, as Cherokee says, it is surprising in others just how many personal details are shared.

I guess to make that assessment, Cherokee, you were at least curious enough to read one or two

Perhaps those that do keep a personal 'blog' could share with us their own motivations for doing so, that would be interesting.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Lets see...what to say..

Personally , i dont really think i need Elvis day by day LiveJournal....but i appreciate the thought of elvis fan as young as you Lisa to do all this..

I used to have journal ...not elvis ..not live ones....but for my own sake...during college...since i took major history for quite sometimes..
    when my professors brag about 'appreciating the past by learned from it'..so we all the students must have a journal...

it was indeed fun...

but as now..me having my own family...husband to take care of...between that ... help my husband with his freelance job from home.....i feel that i dont have time for journal anymore...

Again....i appreciate the thought and idea you got there ... have fun with it ...

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    Perhaps those that do keep a personal 'blog' could share with us their own motivations for doing so, that would be interesting.
    wel i like to write in mine just for fun. though i do write about serious stuff in it sometimes...and just to share my thoughts

Yiddle Yisa,

Live journals are an interesting phenomenon, I don't run one myself, but have found some of the ones I've come across to be of interest, while, as Cherokee says, it is surprising in others just how many personal details are shared.

I guess to make that assessment, Cherokee, you were at least curious enough to read one or two

The reason I have a livejournal is because i've meet so many other Elvis fans on there that's its highly impossible for me to get rid of it. It's fun to see what your friends have to say about your day and it's also fun to decorate it!
    my livejournal looks like this: www.livejournal.com/users/hedaredtorock/
    i have 2 community's: www.livejournal.com/users/_elvistheking_/ & www.livejournal.com/users/elvis_daybyday/

www.livejournal.com is the correct link

Sincerly, Yiddle Yisa (h)
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvisgirl
    wel i like to write in mine just for fun. though i do write about serious stuff in it sometimes...and just to share my thoughts
    i like reading your journal!
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead
    Lets see...what to say..

Personally , i dont really think i need Elvis day by day LiveJournal....but i appreciate the thought of elvis fan as young as you Lisa to do all this..

I used to have journal ...not elvis ..not live ones....but for my own sake...during college...since i took major history for quite sometimes..
    when my professors brag about 'appreciating the past by learned from it'..so we all the students must have a journal...

it was indeed fun...

but as now..me having my own family...husband to take care of...between that ... help my husband with his freelance job from home.....i feel that i dont have time for journal anymore...

Again....i appreciate the thought and idea you got there ... have fun with it ...
    That's fine with me! You got your own opinion and i respect that!
    Keeping a livejournal and managing husbands can really tie you up! I can see why you got rid of it!
    It's really just to lighten the load of what happened in my day, thats all...
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by yiddle yisa
    i like reading your journal!
    thanks i like reading yours :smile:

hehe not much to read though!
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

"Elvis Day by Day The Definitive Record of His Life and Music Written by Peter Guralnick
    and Ernst Jorgensen
    "

It's all you need, but there are other worthy efforts that have also been published.

- Capt. "EL."

Yeah I have that and for the people who dont, i post the entries in a livejournal!

Peter has brought Elvis books very far!

Sincerly, Lisa (h)
    - Elvis Presley
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!

International Level
    Yiddle Yisa,

LOL, hi Mark,

Well, I stumbled on to it in another fandom when someone posted a related link. I ended up on this person's live journal that had another link to a fandom related MB. But I started reading the LJ because that was the first thing that popped up, expecting to read about the fandom.
    Instead what I read ranged from trivial pieces about how this person baked a cake that day, but missed some ingredient, so had to improvise etc. etc. and it just went on and on and on, which had me thinking: "Who the hell cares?"
    Then I read on, to see if the whole thing was like that, and to my disgust I found entire descriptions of that person's sexual preferences and fantasies..... and it wasn't pretty<BARF>
    That made me wonder why the heck people think their thoughts or personal day to day experiences belong on the internet for everybody to read...... I don't get it.
    But that's of course entirely my problem

A live journal such as Ellie's ABOUT her object of affection (Elvis) is something entirely different than the ones I've seen and read parts of....

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by yiddle yisa
    Yeah I have that and for the people who dont, i post the entries in a livejournal!
    i dont have that book and i really appreciate what you're doing :smile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast