Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ELVIS friends?

ELVIS friends?

do you believe maybe that in the last couple years of his life that he was questioning his friends loyalty i 'm sure he did throughout his life but especially durring the last couple years because of the wests firing/book, and from what billy smith said E.P. was going to get rid of others like joe because of the raquetball courts fiasco etc , so what do you think believe was he going to make some serious changes?

Re: ELVIS friends?

who knows..........que sera sera..........
    He seems to question loyalty all his life, from friends, women etc....
    The EWH book wouldn't have helped, but he wouldn't listen. If his Dad or Priscilla couldn't get through to him, nobody could
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

GIORGIA

Why?
    For Me,
    because finally for Him,
    Understand truly what persons He had around!

Because He deserved the Best!
    Last edited by GIORGIA; 12-03-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    who knows..........que sera sera..........
    He seems to question loyalty all his life, from friends, women etc....
    The EWH book wouldn't have helped, but he wouldn't listen. If his Dad or Priscilla couldn't get through to him, nobody could
    I second that

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Well let's remember that the firing of the West's and Dave Hebler was initiated by Elvis' Dad and The Colonel. They were concerned with all the lawsuits and trouble that were being brought against Elvis because of them and both The Colonel and Vernon felt it was in Elvis' best interest to let them go. Had it not been for them initiating that whole situation, I don't know as if Elvis would have let those guys go.

As for the other guys around him, there were certainly enough people there simply to ride the Elvis gravy train that it would have probably saved Elvis lots of money to let those guys go, both in salaries and gifts that he bought them. But considering those guys were basically "Yes men" for Elvis and would do anything he asked them to do, I highly doubt if he would have ever let them go either.

Certainly there were PLENTY of people around Elvis that could have been jettisoned and he would have been all the better for it, in my opinion.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

That's very true Mike
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Well let's remember that the firing of the West's and Dave Hebler was initiated by Elvis' Dad and The Colonel. They were concerned with all the lawsuits and trouble that were being brought against Elvis because of them and both The Colonel and Vernon felt it was in Elvis' best interest to let them go. Had it not been for them initiating that whole situation, I don't know as if Elvis would have let those guys go.

As for the other guys around him, there were certainly enough people there simply to ride the Elvis gravy train that it would have probably saved Elvis lots of money to let those guys go, both in salaries and gifts that he bought them. But considering those guys were basically "Yes men" for Elvis and would do anything he asked them to do, I highly doubt if he would have ever let them go either.

Certainly there were PLENTY of people around Elvis that could have been jettisoned and he would have been all the better for it, in my opinion.

TCB!
    Mike
    I sure agree with that too Mike.

Diane

GIORGIA

But considering those guys were basically "Yes men" for Elvis and would do anything he asked them to do

TCB!
    Mike
    You right my friend!
    And for me this are not be a truly friends,no?

GIORGIA

Well let's remember that the firing of the West's and Dave Hebler was initiated by Elvis' Dad and The Colonel.

TCB!
    Mike
    You are absolutely right!
    And for me it's was a good thing!
    Are do this a lot of time before!
    My opinion of course.

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Red face Re: ELVIS friends?

Quote Originally Posted by lvs2day View Post
    do you believe maybe that in the last couple years of his life that he was questioning his friends loyalty i 'm sure he did throughout his life but especially durring the last couple years because of the wests firing/book, and from what billy smith said E.P. was going to get rid of others like joe because of the raquetball courts fiasco etc , so what do you think believe was he going to make some serious changes?

Oh for sure! He was about as hurt and mad at some of those so called friends as anyone could be.. I think some had contracts, he would either have bought out, to end them or when they were up, out the door they'd fly!
    He deserved so much better than he got.
    If you think about it, his own family took him to the cleaners. It had to be a terrible feeling of being deserted, lied to, lied about, and all he wanted was Love, both to give and receive. Larry Geller gave him an honest faithful friendship which helped him greatly. I notice the MM tried their best to get rid of Larry. It's such a heartbreaking thought to know he very much was aware of the attitude and mindset of those around him.

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

He was nobody's fool...........
    Someone who can read and understand 'The Prophet', Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus' etc....is a very astute, intelligent person.

Backstage Pass

Cosidering Elvis' Christian background, really can't understand his fascination with Geller's introduction of mysticism. Unless Elvis was uncertain and confused and kept searching for answers he could not find. The hangers on that surrounded him certainly did not help matters but line their own pockets with money.

Backstage Pass

yeh, elvis was pretty stupid when picking out friends

Someone who can read and understand 'The Prophet', Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus' etc....is a very astute, intelligent person.
    Have you actually read either of these?
    Last edited by Getlo; 11-04-2009 at 05:00 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    He was about as hurt and mad at some of those so called friends as anyone could be.. I think some had contracts, he would either have bought out, to end them or when they were up, out the door they'd fly!
    He deserved so much better than he got.

Oh, yes.

Poor, poor Elvis.

Choosing childhood and school friends who stuck with him through thick and thin ... only for them to be fired by his dad for trumped up reasons because Elvis didn't have the guts to face them himself.

Elvis may have been hurt, but as for anger ... he got over it. The telephone call with Red is testament to that. There is no malice or anger whatsoever in Elvis' voice (drug slurring notwithstanding).

Had Elvis lived, he would have taken them back (with the exception of Hebler) and all would have been back to normal.

Elvis deserved good friends who stood by him. That's exactly what he got. One indiscretion - even one at the very end of a life and of such magnitude - is no reason to wipe such long friendships, and no excuse for fans to hate the MM. None whatsoever.

And had the message of EWH got through to Elvis in time ... had he lived and got himself together and free of drugs - then Sonny and Red would be hailed as heroes today.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

While I'm on this rant ...

It's the blinding hypocrisy of a certain element of the Elvis fans that really gets my goat.

Elvis took drugs. Those fans forgive him because ... "he was only human", they say.

Elvis screwed around on Cilla and every other chick he was with ... because he was human.

Elvis forced himself on Cilla in Vegas when she finally told him she'd be leaving ... no one says much about that, do they?

Elvis screwed his cousin's wife ... (a "sin" infinitely worse than writing a tell-all book, IMO) ... but all is forgiven.

Every other mistake is forgiven by certain fans, almost like he was some sort of saint. Oh, the pressures of being "ELVIS". He was only human.

Red, Sonny and Dave (most arguably) wrote EWH out of revenge and anger ... two very human emotions.

But the blinded fans, who take Elvis' "cause" up for themselves, are utterly incapable of offering the boys the same leeway as their King. Why is that, I wonder?

Revenge, anger ... human emotions. So why no forgiveness?

As I have said countless times, there is nothing - NOTHING! - in EWH that wasn't true.

And if Elvis had lived and taken the boys back, those same fans who now waste time hating them would've gone along with the King and forgiven them. Those fans wouldn't dare do or say anything contrary to the gospel of Elvis Presley, would they? Oh, no ... that would be heresy.

/ rant off
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I believe Elvis (although seemed to be a good person) only wanted people around him that he could control and follow him in everything he did, so maybe his friends were 'yes men' but I don't think Elvis would have allowed them to be any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Have you actually read either of these?
    No Getlo I havn't read them. Have you? Maybe wrongly, but I'm assuming they are very deep encompassing books that are way above my head to understand.

It's the blinding hypocrisy of a certain element of the Elvis fans that really gets my goat.

Elvis took drugs. Those fans forgive him because ... "he was only human", they say.

Elvis screwed around on Cilla and every other chick he was with ... because he was human.

Elvis forced himself on Cilla in Vegas when she finally told him she'd be leaving ... no one says much about that, do they?

Elvis screwed his cousin's wife ... (a "sin" infinitely worse than writing a tell-all book, IMO) ... but all is forgiven.

Every other mistake is forgiven by certain fans, almost like he was some sort of saint. Oh, the pressures of being "ELVIS". He was only human.

Red, Sonny and Dave (most arguably) wrote EWH out of revenge and anger ... two very human emotions.

But the blinded fans, who take Elvis' "cause" up for themselves, are utterly incapable of offering the boys the same leeway as their King. Why is that, I wonder?

As I have said countless times, there is nothing - NOTHING! - in EWH that wasn't true.

And if Elvis had lived and taken the boys back, those same fans who now waste time hating them would've gone along with the King and forgiven them. Those fans wouldn't dare do or say anything contrary to the gospel of Elvis Presley, would they? Oh, no ... that would be heresy.

/ rant off
    You are very blunt...........but very honest.
    I do agree with your points, he was selfish and spoilt. He was Human, and he did things which were unacceptable.

However, as he said...........'Walk a mile in my shoes'.
    None of us have the faintest idea what it was like to 'be' Elvis.

SleepyJack

/ rant off
    While I understand the point that you are trying to make,and I would never question your knowledge on the subject of Elvis Presley you...well...you don`t seem to actually like him very much do you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast