Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 95 of 95

Thread: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

  1. #81
    PINK Cadillac Lisarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GulfCoast, Texas
    Posts
    3,107

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild_In_The_Country View Post
    i enjoyed this movie much more than i thought i would.
    the actors Elvis speaking voice was poor, however when copying elvis, its hard to get anything right!

    And Doug Church would have been the best person to sing the song in the movie too.

    good job.
    Yes, it's hard to copy Elvis, but I figured he just had too much prosthetics on. I love that he had the Elvis walk down pretty good! And his golf swing! That was interesting!


    Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

  2. #82
    Backstage Pass TCB4ELVIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    245

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Didn't know if this was posted in the privious 4 pages but this guy played the role of Elvis' dad in the last Elvis movie with Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

    Robert Patrick as Vernon Presley,
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic7522_3.gif

  3. #83
    International Level elvisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    600

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by TCB4ELVIS View Post
    Didn't know if this was posted in the privious 4 pages but this guy played the role of Elvis' dad in the last Elvis movie with Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

    Robert Patrick as Vernon Presley,
    Uhhh, Just a hint TCB4ELVIS, you need to actually read the former posts.....before you post.....you might get the answers you need


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LonelyStreet View Post
    Funny enough, Robert had agreed to do this movie BEFORE signing on to play Vernon (such is the long road of an indie movie)! And you're absolutely right, he has now played "Elvis," Vernon and Ray Cash... now he needs to play an older Johnny Cash!
    Ha ha, there you go! And thanks for the info. I shouldn't have assumed that the chronology of those events would necessarily have been in sync with those movies' productions/releases.
    Last edited by elvisia; 11-27-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    "Elvis music is how feelings sounds like"

  4. #84
    Coming On Strong Elvos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    63

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Here is a "single version"..Great song!
    YouTube- When the rebel comes home- The King is Back!

  5. #85
    Walking In Memphis Sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,686

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Thanks Elvos for posting that one!

    Like I said before, this song should be in the hitparades!

  6. #86
    Coming On Strong Elvos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    63

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Thanks Elvos for posting that one!

    Like I said before, this song should be in the hitparades!
    Absolutely agree with you...****, even my kids love it,

  7. #87
    International Level elvisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    600

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvos77 View Post
    Absolutely agree with you...****, even my kids love it,
    Surely agree too.........wow....thanks Elvos.....my girls at 16 love it also and want to watch this movie with me .......Hope to be able to get this song on cd
    "Elvis music is how feelings sounds like"

  8. #88

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    We are working on a soundtrack album and I will keep everyone posted as soon as it's available! Danny Seraphine (founding member/drummer of Chicago) as been spearheading the effort to bring the music to the masses, with some cool extras. I'll let you know when and where you can get it!

    ~Peter

  9. #89

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvos77 View Post
    Here is a "single version"..Great song!
    YouTube- When the rebel comes home- The King is Back!
    AWESOME!! Thank you for your time and effort putting that together! It ROCKS!!

    ~Peter
    Writer/Director, Lonely Street

  10. #90
    Backstage Pass waymore44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    224

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    I thought that Robert Patrick did a good job, but I actually wasn't crazy about the film. I think I built it up more in my mind. Bubba Ho-Tep is enjoyed MUCH MORE.
    "I always liked that hillbilly."

    -Waymore

  11. #91
    Coming On Strong Elvos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    63

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyStreet View Post
    AWESOME!! Thank you for your time and effort putting that together! It ROCKS!!

    ~Peter
    Writer/Director, Lonely Street
    Well ,that's about the greatest compliment to me...THANK YOU.

  12. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    280

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by waymore44 View Post
    I thought that Robert Patrick did a good job, but I actually wasn't crazy about the film. I think I built it up more in my mind. Bubba Ho-Tep is enjoyed MUCH MORE.
    have to agree with you waymore i found bubba a better movie storyline etc.. this one was just to commicaly lame for me.

  13. #93
    Walking In Memphis Sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,686

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Thank you so much Peter!

  14. #94
    PINK Cadillac Lisarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GulfCoast, Texas
    Posts
    3,107

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyStreet View Post
    We are working on a soundtrack album and I will keep everyone posted as soon as it's available! Danny Seraphine (founding member/drummer of Chicago) as been spearheading the effort to bring the music to the masses, with some cool extras. I'll let you know when and where you can get it!

    ~Peter
    Looking forward to this. Thanks for the update.


    Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

  15. #95
    Walking In Memphis Sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,686

    Re: movie: Lonely Street (what if Elvis never would have died?)

    Please do keep us posted Peter!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •