Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you ever date an Elvis Impersonator?

Would you ever date an Elvis Impersonator?

My brother asked me this question, and it's indeed a great one and so I am asking you.Of course I would get to know the person for themselves, and see what kind of personality they had and how well we got along and all, and if we got along well and were compatible then yes. The person would know that I am with him FOR him and NOT just because of who he reminds me of, that wouldnt be fair to either one of us.

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Question Re: Would you ever date an Elvis Impersonator?

Quote Originally Posted by love4crazy72 View Post
    My brother asked me this question, and it's indeed a great one and so I am asking you.Of course I would get to know the person for themselves, and see what kind of personality they had and how well we got along and all, and if we got along well and were compatible then yes. The person would know that I am with him FOR him and NOT just because of who he reminds me of, that wouldnt be fair to either one of us.

I have met a few in Vegas in years past, some I did not have a clue were Elvis impersonators until invited to their "Show"
    It felt a little like cheating on someone I loved.. how crazy is that?
    Some of them are horrible and the king injustice by even walking out there, others are extremely good, and handsome....but still they are not him!

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Re: Would you ever date an Elvis Impersonator?

Just a quick goodnight and god bless....I'm sorry I am tired, I'm the ***** who did all the jumpsuit polls and messed the entire threads up...I wasn't thinking they would come up all in a line..so it's time to go to bed..let someone else talk... LOL

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

Only if they treated me with respect, and they werent just trying to get their hands on my Elvis stuff.

If they were female, and hot and nice, why not?

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    If they were female, and hot and nice, why not?
    I don't think there are any female Elvis impersonators.
    It wouldn't make sense to have females portraying Elvis since he was a man.
    This is a thread strictly for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    You would be mistaken.There are several female impersonators.There was a female impersonator performing at the Elvis convention in Memphis all the way back in 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Only if they treated me with respect, and they werent just trying to get their hands on my Elvis stuff.
    I've heard some of them seduce naive fans and steal their Elvis collections at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I've heard some of them seduce naive fans and steal their Elvis collections at night.
    I would hate to turn over and see them gone,only to find tumbiling tumbleweeds where my Elvis stuff use to be.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

I would date a good Priscilla impersonator. Does that count?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Count me in as well.Circa 1974 or 75 I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I would hate to turn over and see them gone,only to find tumbiling tumbleweeds where my Elvis stuff use to be.
    Just pray one of them don't cross your path... they are a well organized band of charming and irresistible lads.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar

I can give you a phone number to an Elvis impersonator if you want to talk to one. Been doing it for 31 years now. I see him all the time too. As for me dating one, has to be female as well.....lol

I wouldn'tMaybe a Lisa Marie impersonator
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Hmmm not sure....

...but if it does count, then I will put in my vote to date a hot Linda Thompson impersonator!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

I have a buddy who is an Elvis tribute artist and we talk all the time about how his wife resents the whole Elvis thing, even though she knew about it when they got married. She doesn't like the fact that he performs as Elvis (even though he makes decent money at it to help provide additional income for his family) or the fact that he has Elvis friends.

I've always told him that I feel bad for him, especially since she could have been upfront about this before they got married (she wasn't) so that he could have made up his mind whether or not he wanted to give it a try knowing how she truly felt. Elvis is and has always been a big part of his life, and she even has a problem with him and I chatting about Elvis, so he usually winds up calling me when he isn't home just to avoid ticking her off!!!

So I guess the moral of this story is to make sure you know exactly what you are getting into if you are planning on dating or marrying an Elvis tribute artist!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I'm not sure. It would all depend on what his attitude about being an impersonator was and what kind of person he was. I don't honestly think I'd like to follow someone along that kind of lifestyle. I like my quiet and privacy too much.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    I have a buddy who is an Elvis tribute artist and we talk all the time about how his wife resents the whole Elvis thing, even though she knew about it when they got married. She doesn't like the fact that he performs as Elvis (even though he makes decent money at it to help provide additional income for his family) or the fact that he has Elvis friends.

TCB!
    Mike
    Goodness me, she sounds a right laugh-a-minute! Married couples (any couples in fact) have to have separate interests otherwise they would just get on each others nerves if they did EVERYTHING together. Why on earth would someone object to such a thing?!

And whats wrong with having "Elvis friends" - I wish I had some!! It would be a lot nicer than having to "defend" my appreciation of the man all the time I can tell you!

Poor guy - is all I can say!

Oh, ummm, back to the question (sorry), would I date an Elvis impersonator? Yes - no reason why not. Not sure my husband would like the idea........but maybe I could disguise it as one of my "separate interests" !!!

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Goodness me, she sounds a right laugh-a-minute! Married couples (any couples in fact) have to have separate interests otherwise they would just get on each others nerves if they did EVERYTHING together. Why on earth would someone object to such a thing?!

And whats wrong with having "Elvis friends" - I wish I had some!! It would be a lot nicer than having to "defend" my appreciation of the man all the time I can tell you!

Poor guy - is all I can say!

Oh, ummm, back to the question (sorry), would I date an Elvis impersonator? Yes - no reason why not. Not sure my husband would like the idea........but maybe I could disguise it as one of my "separate interests" !!!
    You are a smart girl, May

I would date an Elvis impersonator but only if he only tried to be Elvis on stage AND he should be really good impersonating him. Now that I think about it I don't know if I could do it
    Last edited by Donut; 10-30-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    You are very mistaken - there are female impersonators.

Forever Best Friends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast