Thread: No Elvis in a music shop .....

Cadillac King

Unhappy No Elvis in a music shop .....

Folks,

Yesterday I strolled into a very large music store in Zurich (the biggest city in Switzerland) right in the heart of the busy and trendy "Bahnoffstrasse" the equavilent of Oxford Street in London or 5th Av in New York....thinking I might pick up a CD for a friend.

I was very very surprised and dissapointed to find that they did not have even a single Elvis CD in stock. One shop assistant offered to check their store room as she thought there was a " Best of Compilation.." - there was not. This is the first time in my over 40 years of visiting music shops in many parts of the world that a shop had no Elvis on display or in stock The only "Presley" CD was a copy of Lisa's first (and only ?) album -

Last week " Media Markt" which normally stocks a large variety of Elvis albums had just 5 including two Hayride compilations..... hope it is not a sign of things to come......

jb

I hope not

I must say that I think this as only ever happened to me once in quite a few years and I put it down to being in another country at the time. I was in Spain were I know Elvis also as a large fan base but for some reason in the resort area I could not find any of his cd's but I did find a nice man that made a wall plaque for me with Elvis on and my name engraved on it We have a second hand music shop here and it stocks lots of Elvis cd's and even a few old 7" vinyl records .....how strange it is

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Quote Originally Posted by jbgude
    Folks,

Last week " Media Markt" which normally stocks a large variety of Elvis albums had just 5 including two Hayride compilations..... hope it is not a sign of things to come......

jb
    Sadly, I think it is. Even the likes of Woolworths often don't have an Elvis CD in sight....including Elv1S

It's mainly up to Elvis' record company to keep pushing and promoting. Something they are not renowned for doing well through the years unfortunatly.

Derek.

Exclamation

Derek,you"ll have to now go some were else for your pick n mix

The record shops in Inverness,hmv,mvc,wh smiths,etc have a good EP collection,and the one"s in glasgow have a good selection as well.

The thing is,i mostly buy my EP cd"s by mail order,cheaper.

I got 2nd to none,for ?7 when it came out in the first week.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

TCB Mafia
    The only place i can buy cd's in my hometown is Supermarkets or Woolworths....so you can imagine the Elvis selections there

It is a Joke...i have to travel at least 20 miles to get to a HMV or similar store...and to be honest...their selections aren't great either

I tend to get everything mail order too.....which is just as well...or i don't think i would have half the collection i do have.

One pet hate for me.....when you go into a store and look at 'P' to find nothing at all....lool under 'E' and there you will find him... ...so if you want to buy Tom Jones you would have to look under 'T' then?????NOT

Very boring probably but i sure hate that....even got in the wife's bad books when i went off on one with the guy behind the counter how sad is that
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Nightrider.....

You meant well

Derek

Cadillac King
    Not crazy at all, Chris..... Would have been right there with you.

Jeff

no elvis

i must be lucky H.M.V. in newcastle has loads of elvis so do virgin etc. geordies must have good taste :worthy:

Cadillac King
    One pet hate for me.....when you go into a store and look at 'P' to find nothing at all....lool under 'E' and there you will find him...
    Which is actually a compliment ...how many artists can be recognised by their first names alone ? :worthy:

jb

International Level

Cool

Any Music shop that doesent stock an Elvis CD, and instead is full to the brim of Pop Idol CD's, isnt really a music shop. I wonder if they had many Beatles or Rolling Stones CD's either?

I wouldent worry. Poor management on the shops behalf, that the greatest selling artist of all time isn't being stocked.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Cadillac King
    Sadly for us 0349054 it does not matter what we think is a music shop or not: thefact is there is No Elvis in stock in this and maybe some other music shops.
    I did see two Beatles and the 40 Licks from the Stones......

jb

Quote Originally Posted by DerekGillies
    Sadly, I think it is. Even the likes of Woolworths often don't have an Elvis CD in sight....including Elv1S
    I wouldn't read too much into Woolworths not stocking Elvis. That's been the case in my local Woolworths for a good 20 years. If they have one at all, it will be a greatest hits. HMV and MVC always have a pretty good selection though.

wow - there are plenty of Elvis CD's in the big music shops in London.

That is a shame though that some stores don't store. I mean he 'started in all.'
    For Elvis: 'I hear your voice, simply divine. I have no choice, I'll tell you why. I love you without trying. It has always been this way. I love you without trying.And in my heart you'll stay.'