Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal note by Elvis for sale

Loving elvis

Personal note by Elvis for sale

With one auction just ended, here comes another. For sale on October 25th: Rare ANS "E" on Las Vegas Hilton letterhead, 5½"x8¼", ca. 1975-77. A discarded sheet retrieved from trash can after Elvis vented his frustrations on paper, crumpled, and threw it away. In a desolate state of mind early one morning when he was alone, he penned in black ink: "help me Lord to get through all of this. I am so tired of it. I think I would like to sleep forever but rest does not come easy for me. Show me a way out from these problems. I want -- E." He has crossed out three words. Crinkling; minor toning; small mounting remnants on verso; minor ink feathering; else easily legible. Retrieved by Hal Noland, author of The Life of Elvis and a Presley confidant obtained by consignor. Accompanied by copy of LOA by Lamar Fike, a member of Elvis' Memphis entourage and a transcript of an interview in which he mentions the letter.

source:http://www.elvismatters.com/index.ph...nieuws&id=2926
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1_20091019064844.jpg  

Re: Personal note by Elvis for sale

Thank you for the information, the truth is very sad to read these Elvis's words, emotional me to read them since elvis to feel alone, when tape-worm quite, materially, but the reality esque Elvis was alone me is difficult to believe that he was feeling this way, without desire of nothing in the life, for which always to see it with an enormous vitality, but his heart to be broken, and it was very difficult to arrange.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

If this letter is indeed authentic, it would certainly have to be considered one of the rarest Elvis items in the world in my opinion!!!

It certainly looks authentic....but of course, with today's technology, who knows for sure. Unfortunately, I don't necessarily think that the letter of authenticity being from Lamar Fike is irrefutable proof of the authenticity of this piece.

I have to agree with beckelvis though....reading those words as written by Elvis himself certainly puts his entire life during those final years into a whole different perspective. I mean, as fans we can read all sorts of different things into his concert monologues, song choices, overall mood at any given time, etc. and each of us would probably come up with something a little different. But when you read this, written by the man himself, it certainly doesn't hide ANYTHING about how he was feeling...about how his life had become...and it's truly sad to know that despite the love and adoration of millions of people worldwide, he still felt like this...

Nevertheless, it should definitely be interesting what this letter fetches at auction!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    If this letter is indeed authentic, it would certainly have to be considered one of the rarest Elvis items in the world in my opinion!!!

It certainly looks authentic....but of course, with today's technology, who knows for sure. Unfortunately, I don't necessarily think that the letter of authenticity being from Lamar Fike is irrefutable proof of the authenticity of this piece.

I have to agree with beckelvis though....reading those words as written by Elvis himself certainly puts his entire life during those final years into a whole different perspective. I mean, as fans we can read all sorts of different things into his concert monologues, song choices, overall mood at any given time, etc. and each of us would probably come up with something a little different. But when you read this, written by the man himself, it certainly doesn't hide ANYTHING about how he was feeling...about how his life had become...and it's truly sad to know that despite the love and adoration of millions of people worldwide, he still felt like this...

Nevertheless, it should definitely be interesting what this letter fetches at auction!

TCB!
    Mike

Very well said Mike
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

TCB!
    Mike
    I think the same thing,and I'm so sad that Elvis was so alone,
    poor honey!
    Elvis DON'T deserved this!

Cadillac King

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFfy2v5IGE"]YouTube - Wayne Newton - "The Letter"[/nomedia]

I thought Wayne Newton bought & recorded that.
    Above link.

About 1/2 way through this video, he tells the story.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV2dYlFi3tM"]YouTube - WAYNE NEWTON TALKS ABOUT THE LETTER ELVIS[/ame]
    Last edited by sasha; 10-19-2009 at 12:07 PM.

very sad note
    We all miss ya, Elvis!

wildflower
    xxx
    ELVIS FOREVER!!

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    YouTube - Wayne Newton - "The Letter"

I thought Wayne Newton bought & recorded that.
    Above link.

About 1/2 way through this video, he tells the story.
    YouTube - WAYNE NEWTON TALKS ABOUT THE LETTER ELVIS
    Thank you to share with us this video!
    And this it's for me the first time that I see this video and when he say:It's was a wonderful human being,and I don't liked all this books about his life ecc...................because are not true,because in these books,don't read the real Elvis,well,he read in my mind!

International Level

Quote Originally Posted by beckelvis View Post
    Thank you for the information, the truth is very sad to read these Elvis's words, emotional me to read them since elvis to feel alone, when tape-worm quite, materially, but the reality esque Elvis was alone me is difficult to believe that he was feeling this way, without desire of nothing in the life, for which always to see it with an enormous vitality, but his heart to be broken, and it was very difficult to arrange.
    I'm sure he felt like this at times; but, I have to wonder if he felt like this
    at all times. I hope not. And, the fact that he crumpled the note and tossed
    it makes me think that he rejected it after writing it. At least, I hope so!
    "talk about the good times"

So heart breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerstar View Post
    I'm sure he felt like this at times; but, I have to wonder if he felt like this
    at all times. I hope not. And, the fact that he crumpled the note and tossed
    it makes me think that he rejected it after writing it. At least, I hope so!
    If the truth you have reason, I reject it, to think nobody that years afterwards this note to go out to the light, really it seems to me that they continue without respect any things of his intimacy, all that me parec fatally

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    Very well said Mike
    Thanks Deb!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Thanks, for posting Jen.
    That was sad to read...
    I wish Elvis would have had more
    happiness in his life..

franny

That note is as fake as a three-dollar bill!

The main reason: the Hilton's stationary was not like that during Elvis' time.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

What was their stationary like back then?

Forever Best Friends

Getlo, can you post somthing showing the difference please?
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

That note has been around for some time.It's has long been tagged as a fake.

As well as I know, this notice is a fake....
    The biggest part of Elvis is his heart; it is full of love for everyone

Cadillac King

Also, something about the handwriting doesn’t look right. It doesn’t look like it was written by Elvis.

I could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

Elvis is The King!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

I don't think the letter of authenticity from Fike was legitimately submitted by him (with regard to this item anyway) because I recall a discussion on this note being fake in the Revelations from the Memphis Mafia book. They talk about how Wayne Newton bought it -- hook, line, and sinker -- and even made a video and song out of it...this phony note. I saw it once, and it was enough.

If my memory is failing me here and Fike is saying it's real, please correct me.

Actually I believe there may be a 2 or 3 notes like this floating around, as I remember one being worded a bit differently. Something like: "The night is quiet for me. I'd love to be able to sleep. I am glad that everyone is gone now. I'll probably not rest. I have no need for all this. Help me Lord."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast