Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis singing Hound Dog...

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Re: Elvis singing Hound Dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think they are appreciative and complimentary towards Elvis' interpretations of their songs and all he did for them.
    I've heard them praise Elvis as a singer and as a person, and as far as I know the only recording that they really have complained about is Hound dog.
    Well at least they didn't have any complaints about Elvis' other recordings of their songs...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    on a small sidenote I've always felt that other than some songs from Jailhouse Rock and King Creole Leiber & Stoller wrote their best songs for other artists.
    I would've loved it if Elvis had been given first crack at Kansas City instead Wilbert Harris got the big hit with it.
    Also some songs that L&S wrote for the Coasters and the Drifters were very good better than songs like Love me, Loving You and Don't.
    Not that Love me, Loving you, and Don't were bad songs it's just that I thought a lot of the songs L&S wrote for the other artists they produced were better.
    Really?? I've always thought that L&S songs were some of the best that Elvis recorded! LOVE ME and DON'T have to be two of Elvis' best ballads, in my opinion!!

I agree though that it would have been cool for Elvis to take a chance at some of L&S' other songs!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Red face Re: Elvis singing Hound Dog...

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    The fact that it sold at all either way baffles me . I think Hound Dog is a terrible song . Its the worst IMO of all of his number one hits .

I don't like Big Momma Thortons version either.

I absolutely loved watching him sing this song, it goes over much better than just listening to it.. but I have always liked it. It's lyics made repetitive nonsense but the man singing it, could pull it off just wonderful! I used to say to people, "Who cares really except his fans"

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

Elvis - or somebody - changed the lyrics. I had written:
    Well according to Paul Simpson of Elvis.com.au, those lyrics were changed by Freddie Bell and the Bell Boys. Elvis heard their uptempo song and did a cover of that.
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvi...est_song.shtml

I'm getting pretty interested in this book, now. I wonder what all they have to say about "Love Me"!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Well according to Paul Simpson of Elvis.com.au, those lyrics were changed by Freddie Bell and the Bell Boys. Elvis heard their uptempo song and did a cover of that.
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvi...est_song.shtml

I'm getting pretty interested in this book, now. I wonder what all they have to say about "Love Me"!
    Elvis version is very different from Freddie Bell's

It is true though that Elvis got the lyric change from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12