Thread: Cliff on Elvis

Thumbs up Cliff on Elvis

I watched a programme late last night where a celeb gets to choose past present and future artists and songs of their choice, well last night it was Sir Cliffs Richards turn.He chose Elvis as his all time favourite giving him his influence in the music industry. He chose a clip from the 68 special when Elvis was singing "Heartbreak Hotel" whilst sat banging his guitar with his fellow band members it was a great clip to show and made me so proud.When the clip was over it returned to the female presenter of the show who said with a wide eyed look" they sure don't make them like that anymore" and she could not have said a truer word Cliff was wonderful :worthy:

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

he knows that without Elvis there would be no cliff richard..and still gives praise to everything Elvis stood for ...God bless him
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

Cadillac King
    That is nice: I have never heard Cliff bad mouthing Elvis -so yes let us acknowledge his praise.....

jb

TCB Mafia
    I am not a fan of the man.....but credit where it is due Fair play to him
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Cliff is really crazy about Elvis and about his music.

During almost every concert he sings several Elvis songs. He always talks about Elvis in a way that makes clear he just loves the man and his music.

Sonny

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRider
    I am not a fan of the man.....but credit where it is due Fair play to him
    I agree with Chris

I'm not that keen on Cliff Richard either but it has to be said that he is genuine Elvis admirer. He doesn't praise Elvis to make himself look any better and let's face it he doesn't have to acknowledge Elvis as consistently as he has done over the years but he does ... good on him

Derek.

UK Hall of fame

Cliff did it again last night when he received his award from the UK Hall of fame without Elvis he said none of us would have been given the chance,there is and only ever will be one Elvis presley Give that man a pat on the back:worthy: Thanks cliff

I did miss Priscilla accepting the award for Elvis did anyone else catch it?

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"