View Poll Results: Would You like to see Elvis in games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band or Sing Star?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 82.67%
  • No

13 17.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero or Rock band with Elvis?

Re: Guitar Hero or Rock band with Elvis?

Why not? I don't play video games but I'm sure those that do would love to have Elvis guitar hero in their collection.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    To be honest I feel that statement is a little childish Before the Beatles there was other bands on Guitar Hero for instance Matallica & Aerosmith so to make one for Elvis in a similar format wouldn't be copying.... More opening a new fan-base through modern technology. I'll be honest here (Breathes in sharply) I don't really think there is a mass market for Elvis in this medium, perhaps if the was a various rock 'n' roll version maybe.. I could be wrong?
    Before the Bealtes, I don't know of any band that have a video game devoted JUST to them, that is the huge difference as far as I know. Not sure I could be wrong

I also do not think Elvis has the mass market for a video game, let's face it, somehow Beatles have better reached a younger people market than Elvis, and older people are not buying videogames. To release an ALL Elvis video game like the Beatles one, might just plain flop.

To include Elvis in a 50's/60's rock and roll inspired version of Guitar Hero would fit just right.

TCB Mafia

To be honest I feel that statement is a little childish Before the Beatles there was other bands on Guitar Hero for instance Matallica & Aerosmith so to make one for Elvis in a similar format wouldn't be copying.... More opening a new fan-base through modern technology. I'll be honest here (Breathes in sharply) I don't really think there is a mass market for Elvis in this medium, perhaps if the was a various rock 'n' roll version maybe.. I could be wrong?
    No, it isn't childish

Since his death Elvis' estate are always copying ideas the Beatles are coming out with first.
    Whether it be the Cirque shows, #1 hits CD, talks of Anthology etc.
    The people managing the Beatles image and music come out with these great ideas and then EPE and Sony copy it for Elvis after they have already had tremendous success with it.
    If Elvis came out with a Guitar Hero it would just be to copy the Beatles again since they recently came out with it and I don't like that i'd love it if EPE or Sony came up with these ideas first.

I remember when Robert Sillerman came on the scene everybody was saying what a great thing this was because he's got these brand new creative ideas well, what an overhyped joke that turned out to be.

I'm basically saying Elvis should be doing his own thing instead of just copying the Beatles over and over again.
    He probably would be if the people over at Sony and EPE had any brains but hey look on the bright side at least we get Elvis impersonator contests.

TCB Mafia

Post Re: Guitar Hero or Rock band with Elvis?

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Before the Bealtes, I don't know of any band that have a video game devoted JUST to them, that is the huge difference as far as I know. Not sure I could be wrong
    You know I can't think of any others besides the Beatles either and guess what
    If Elvis came out with a Guitar Hero game it would be entirely devoted to him just like the Beatles.

except we would get Elvis songs in the game instead

How original.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    As I said above, Metallica & Aerosmith have their full own versions of Guitar Hero, I should know, I bought them for my daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    No, it isn't childish
    In your opinion

Since his death Elvis' estate are always copying ideas the Beatles are coming out with first.
    Whether it be the Cirque shows, #1 hits CD, talks of Anthology etc.
    The people managing the Beatles image and music come out with these great ideas and then EPE and Sony copy it for Elvis after they have already had tremendous success with it.

If Elvis came out with a Guitar Hero it would just be to copy the Beatles again since they recently came out with it and I don't like that i'd love it if EPE or Sony came up with these ideas first.
    There are always going to be somebody who will trail blaze an opportunity, you obviously feel quite strongly about the Beatles, I see no shame in following a format if it works!

I remember when Robert Sillerman came on the scene everybody was saying what a great thing this was because he's got these brand new creative ideas well, what an overhyped joke that turned out to be.

I'm basically saying Elvis should be doing his own thing instead of just copying the Beatles over and over again.
    He probably would be if the people over at Sony and EPE had any brains but hey look on the bright side at least we get Elvis impersonator contests.
    I agree that EPE and Sillerman could do more

You know I can't think of any others besides the Beatles either and guess what
    If Elvis came out with a Guitar Hero game it would be entirely devoted to him just like the Beatles.

except we would get Elvis songs in the game instead

How original.
    Gutar Hero Metallica

Guitar Hero Aerosmith

Rock Band had Green Day before the Beatles

It is a well used format

TCB Mafia

There are always going to be somebody who will trail blaze an opportunity, you obviously feel quite strongly about the Beatles, I see no shame in following a format if it works!

Does EPE always have to rip off things the Beatles are always doing first though?
    Last edited by Brian; 09-21-2009 at 02:29 AM.

TCB Mafia

Gutar Hero Metallica

Guitar Hero Aerosmith

It is a well used format
    I feel Elvis would gain nothing by following this trend.

I'm sorry if I don't know very much about video games
    i'm a grown up.
    Last edited by Brian; 09-21-2009 at 02:09 AM.

That Is the point, its not about how good or not is to follow a trend if its working, but that EPE/SONY/Sillyman, are basically doing less than that.

If its not for FTD Records, Presley catalog would be long time buried for the fans, and we'll be doing nothing but waiting to see when they decide to follow up someone else steps.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 09-21-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

I feel Elvis would gain nothing by following this trend.

i'm a grown up.
    Then why are you even posting in a thread that is "about" a video game
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

SleepyJack

I`d settle for a karate game so I could play as Elvis and and hand out some whupass to the beatles.... no,I don`t expect it to happen though.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Because Bradley i'm giving my views on whether or not EPE should come up with a video game for Elvis.

I don't have to know a lot about video games for that.

SleepyJack

This does actually raise an interesting point..... if the people in charge of the beatles "stuff" are forward-thinking enough to include them in more up-to-date projects like video games etc...and EPE seem content to go along with what they think Elvis fans want...the fridge magnets,ETAs,knitted table napkins or whatever....then the future doesn`t look too bright does it?

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Because Bradley i'm giving my views on whether or not EPE should come up with a video game for Elvis.

I don't have to know a lot about video games for that.
    Oh okay Brian.....
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    This does actually raise an interesting point..... if the people in charge of the beatles "stuff" are forward-thinking enough to include them in more up-to-date projects like video games etc...and EPE seem content to go along with what they think Elvis fans want...the fridge magnets,ETAs,knitted table napkins or whatever....then the future doesn`t look too bright does it?
    True is, people managing the beatles interests, have been clever enough to place, and with good results, beatle interest in younger people. Now, of course they got a market in young people (under 25), and video games will prove to be a hit for them.

Elvis market, although it is true that there are plenty of younger fans, still depends A LOT in older people (around their 40's) and the original fans that are still around, and they keep feeding their profits on them, without doing much to reach newer generations. Today, this video game thing, Elvis does not have a big market on the generations interested in video games. A probable reason of why Elvis hasn't showed up on this rock band or guitar hero series.

I voted yes on this thread, but it have to be done very carefully, which songs will be there? another greatest hits compilation for the game? that is what most likely will happen, and I'm sorry but that simply will not do (Wooden Heart, She's Not You won't do for this) for the younger people, and Elvis will be second to many.

It is of vital importance that they reach deeper into Elvis catalogue, (something that rarely has been done for mainstream compilations) to find real up tempo, hard rocking numbers, to cover all periods in Elvis life. And I stick to this: the game should have something new and interesting in itself, Elvis is not such a big attraction on its own for the younger generations, but if the game its interesting enough on itself, the you'll get a nice way to reach a newer generation.

Now remember that the Bealtes video game came along with the remastering of their record catalogue.

Elvis catalogue outside FTD has always been and it is now a terrible mess, to find a way to finally solve that comes first. Or else what, a video game to push some new greatest hit/christmas/gospel CD? or send the new people interested in Elvis to buy Elvis sings Burning Love and Hits from his Movies Vol 2 NOW ON CD!!! sure... how exiting. And once again you will disappoint people offering the ackwards material, and leaving the good stuff buried.

In that way the recent From Elvis in Memphis CD was good step, now what is next for the rest of Elvis catalogue? How we gonna get the good stuff before the crap to the newer or potential fans?
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 09-21-2009 at 03:00 PM.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    I`d settle for a karate game so I could play as Elvis and and hand out some whupass to the beatles.... no,I don`t expect it to happen though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if EPE comes out with a game like that.

i'm a grown up.
    Just because you are grown up doesn't mean you have to bury your head in the sand

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    100% agreed

TCB Mafia

100% agreed
    Bradley's statement was most ridiculous.

I don't have to have vast knowledge of video games to know that Elvis' estate shouldn't keep copying the Beatles, and if they came out with a Rock legend video game for Elvis on the heels of one about the Beatles that's exactly what they'd be doing.

The Beatles show the way and then a light bulb goes off in the heads of the people at EPE.

Bradley's statement was most ridiculous.
    In your opinion, thankfully there are other opinions too

I don't have to have vast knowledge of video games to know that Elvis' estate shouldn't keep copying the Beatles, and if they came out with a Rock legend video game for Elvis on the heels of one about the Beatles that's exactly what they'd be doing.
    The people who manage the Beatles catalogue have copied other bands, that has already been established above. There is interest in the Beatles product so I guess when the millions roll in I don't think they will be bothered if they copied or not. It's ridiculous to say we shouldn't make a Rock Bad or Guitar Hero because it copies the Beatles. If EPE did market research and there was enough demand (which I doubt) they wouldn't care about copying either.

The Beatles show the way and then a light bulb goes off in the heads of the people at EPE.
    The above statement is incorrect, Metallica, Aerosmith and Green Day have led the way, followed by the Beatles.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast