Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FTD - On Tour Rehearsals

Cadillac King

FTD - On Tour Rehearsals

I find it odd that we, on this board, tend not to discuss any new relevant Elvis topic : correct me if I am wrong but apart from the passing mention of these releases there has been no discussion on the merits of the track listing.

I just hope that " Young and Beautiful" is the same version that EMJ has talked about " being too good to release" and hopefully "El paso" will be in better quality than what has come out on boots, that apart I do not find very much to excite me.

Jb
    Last edited by jbgude; 11-23-2004 at 11:42 AM.

Well, apart from the songs you mention, I think it's great to get some of the On Tour rehearsals in perfect sound quality!

Remember the rehearsal tracks they've already released?

See See Rider, A Big Hunk O' Love...they sound awesome!

Sonny

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    jb, time has no meaning here.

I think this release is going to be a barnburner, perhaps mainly on the merits of Y & B...if Ernst hasn't overhyped it.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Cadillac King
    Yeah Sonny I take your point. getting the tracks in good sound quality will be great.

Bobby, what did you mean by " time has no meaning ..." ?

jb

I never said I always make sense. Forget it.

When I wrote that, it was nearly 4:00 in the morning--you people've never seen me. They'll put me in a straightjacket. Aaaaaaaaaa-ha!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    I never said I always make sense. Forget it.

When I wrote that, it was nearly 4:00 in the morning--you people've never seen me. They'll put me in a straightjacket. Aaaaaaaaaa-ha!
    AND I'M TYING IT!!!!

Seriously...in terms of discussing the ON TOUR FTD, my main reason for not getting too involved with it right now is my limited knowledge on it....I've seen the tracklisting, and have heard Ernst's comments on Y & B, but aside from that, my knowledge is really quite limited and therefore I didn't feel I could contribute to a discussion on ON TOUR very well.

But I am DEFINITELY excited about this release, and like Bobby said, I have a feeling this one will be a TOP SELLER on the order of JUNGLE ROOM SESSIONS!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Final coverart for this FTD release

To be honoust, I'm not looking that much forward to the On Tour Rehearsals FTD (yet). I love all CD's released with the rehearsal for TTWII, because they were upbeat with Elvis experimenting with the music and setlists.

The rehearsals filmed for On Tour seemed much more staged, just like the 'fake' studiosession of 'Always On My Mind'.

But I'm going to buy it (and probably listen to it often)
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    Well, I am looking forward to it. I have always enjoyed Elvis' music from 1972, whether it be live, rehearsals, or in the studio.
    Won't you sing me away to a summer night, let me hold her in my arms again.

Cadillac King
    Hey Albert, agreed may be the studio scene was a "fake" but judging from Elvis' expression on hitting the low note and smiling across at JD that was not faked! Even the Gospel numbers I think they forgot about the cameras and kept singing......

Mike , have you not hear the "Lost On tour" CDs ? anyway it will be great to listen to this set in good sound quality.

jb

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    True..... Elvis wasn't fake at all and very sincere. But the event missed that sparkle that TTWII did have.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass
    I can't wait to hear Young And Beautiful and maybe something surprising about El Paso (like the Ghost Riders In The Sky track), But one of the best things in my opinion is the GREAT version of Johnny B. Goode that is long overdue for an official release. I am looking forward to these 3 upcoming releases from FTD.

I'm sure plenty of people disagree, but I think that front cover looks great.

Cadillac King
    I agree, in fact I would vote this the best FTD cover to date - TMMB was good too and the Nashvile Marathon. I thought maybe they would show the whole group singing - but then the TCB band would be missing- so yes- the colours look good , maybe the picture could be a bit sharper in focus.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by jbgude
    Mike , have you not hear the "Lost On tour" CDs ? anyway it will be great to listen to this set in good sound quality.

jb
    Unfortunately JB, I haven't heard the LOST ON TOUR series although I have seen the tracklistings for this series and it does sound like a GREAT series to have!! I've just never come across these in my import CD travels!!

Does that make me a bad fan???

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    I'm sure plenty of people disagree, but I thnk that front cover looks great.
    COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE BUDDY!!!!

I think it's a VERY UNIQUE cover....Elvis just looks so cool in that shot!!! (h)

TCB!
    Mike

He does, and the oversized font really works too. It has a very modern look to it. I seem to generally prefer the look of the FTDs that have a more retro feel, but this one is pretty cool in my book.

Cadillac King
    With this release, I may get the answer to a question that has been keeping me awake at nights...........Did Elvis ever get enough money for coffee???????
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

International Level
    well this be stereo or mono format.
    if it's stereo it would be great to have this in full stereo sound.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm
    With this release, I may get the answer to a question that has been keeping me awake at nights...........Did Elvis ever get enough money for coffee???????
    Carolynlm -
    You should have had some sort of professional help long ago. The coffee collection took place nearly 33 years ago. All this time you have been losing sleep over this for no reason. Not only did they take up a collection to get some coffee, they also had enough to get a box of pastries. Stop worrying and get some rest. Everything turned out just fine.
    Won't you sing me away to a summer night, let me hold her in my arms again.

Cadillac King
    The professional help I sought for the answer about the coffee told me to get professional help!!!!!
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast