Thread: How many and which ones?

How many and which ones?

I have to admit that I have not seen every movie Elvis made I have been a fan since I was 8 and I was wondering how many of the movies you have all seen? I have asked for some Elvis DVDs for christmas and I would like some I have not already seen,which ones would you suggest

I have on DVD,

Wild in the Country
    Love me Tender,
    Jailhouse Rock,
    Change of Habit,
    Viva Las Vegas,
    all the others I have are on VHS.

Does anyone know if they have released "The lost performances" on DVD in the UK?

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

The only one I haven't seen yet is "Tickle Me". I don't know which one you haven't seen but if I would be asked to give a list to Santa, "King Creole", "G.I. Blues", "Flaming Star", "Blue Hawaii", "Girls! Girls! Girls!" and "Roustabout" would sure be on it. "Charro" is great, too, but I think it isn't released on DVD yet.

Tickle Me

Hi David,

I have never seen this movie also but if someone could tell me yes or no it may just be on my list

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

the lost performances

hi susan, to answer your question about 'the lost performances' it is as yet not released on dvd, but there are copies going around on dvd that are taken from the vhs version, rickster.

Must-have Films

The only one of the 33 that I haven't seen is 'Harum Scarum' - but I'm not in any rush - lol!

The highly recommended Elvis movies that you haven't got on your list are 'Loving You', 'King Creole', 'G.I. Blues', 'Flaming Star', 'Blue Hawaii', 'Follow That Dream', 'Kid Galahad', 'Roustabout', 'Speedway', 'Stay Away, Joe', 'Live A Little, Love A Little', 'Charro', and 'The Trouble With Girls'.

I know a couple of them haven't been released on DVD just yet, but I highly recommend them as must-see anyway.

International Level
    I've seen them all, and am not ashamed to say I've forgotten some because no matter how much I love Elvis: no grown man should have been put through the misery of making some of the ones he made

That said, you have some of the best on DVD already, Susan!
    So far I have Wild In The Country (my fave Elvis movie), King Creole, Flaming Star, Kid Galahad, Blue Hawaii, Follow That Dream and Roustabout on DVD (of his "acting" efforts) and TTWIISE, Aloha From Hawaii and The '68 Comeback SE, The Great Performances, He Touched Me, The Definitive Elvis and some odd other DVD's that concentrate more on his music and "real" life.

I do know the British market often has about the same stuff around the same time as The Netherlands do, which unfortunately is not all that much, which is why we have to resort to the kindness of strangers or new friends ( at you know who ) or turn to internet outlets such as Amazon..... but not everybody has a credit card So: either keep your fingers crossed for future releases in regular stores, or smile nicely to someone who may be able to tell you where to buy/get some of the other interesting releases.....

There are 31 Hollywood movies and 2 live audience shows
    "Somebody does somethin' stupid, that's human.
    They don't stop when they see it's wrong, that's a fool."
    - Elvis Presley
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rock/19086.jpg
    ALL HAIL ELVIS PRESLEY!!
    apparently -- i was born in the WRONG era!

Elvis movies

I have seen all of the movies and I have them all on DVD. Even though they have not been "Officially" released on DVD yet. I always buy them when they do come out "officially" even if I have a DVD from either VHS or as in the case of the lost performances & Elvis On Tour a Laser disc Transfer. All for my own private use of course!
    A far as what's available for you to buy that you don't have.. Any of them. they are all great because he is in it. Who needs a script !
    A King
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

Coming On Strong
    I have them all but there are a few of them that I could go without seeing again. Such as:
    Easy Come, Easy Go
    Stay Away, Joe
    Harum Scarum

Now..on the opposite end of the factor are some of my favorites:
    Loving You
    Jailhouse Rock
    King Creole
    Flaming Star
    Wild In The Country
    Charro

If I want to watch a couple with some good laughs in it, I go for:
    Tickle Me
    Double Trouble

Everyone has different tastes in Elvis' movies and those are mine.
    Won't you sing me away to a summer night, let me hold her in my arms again.

Thanks

Cool now I have a few to go on and like cherokee I think I may have seen more than I realise its just some I want to forget I did see them since some were lets say terrible thats not me putting Elvis down that will never happen, it's just some of the movies were far from being award wining scripts nothing to do with Elvis' performances.

I do remember watching "It Happened at The Worlds Fair" when I was little and loving it thats one I must have!

Thanks once again,

love and peace,
    Susan.

Well I havent seen Tickle me and Charro, but far as I know they are about to be released here in Europe in January 2005 There is only one movie I really didnt like and that is Clambake, and I wasnt really fond of Roustabout and Harum Scarum. The ones I really like are Jailhouse Rock, King Creole, Viva Las Vegas, GI Blues and my favo is Wild in the Country.

This one?

I have just seen this one and wondered if anyone as it or has seen it and is it worth getting? I know there are many out there so I want to make sure before I put it on my list for Santa

It is titled
    From The Beginning To The End

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dvd_beginningtoend.jpg  

Cadillac King
    The only movie I haven't seen is 'Charro'. I remember as a kid seeing Elvis movies on the big screen, they were great. I especially remember seeing Tickle Me at the movies because a group of us went after our school exams.
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

love to

I never got to see one of Elvis' movies on the big screen so I suggest we get in touch with EPE and suggest it to them for Elvis' 70th birthday Anniversary Japan apparently already are doing this and I am sure many other fans would love to see one too

love and peace,
    Susan.

Great idea, I would love to see them on the big screen

Ok

Hi Annie, I think they should at least show maybe one or two in a one off event for Elvis' Anniversary, I shall get mailing! do you think they will at least think about it well it can not do any harm to ask ... cheeky me

love and peace,
    Susan.

Quote Originally Posted by EP4MEUK

Hi Annie, I think they should at least show maybe one or two in a one off event for Elvis' Anniversary, I shall get mailing! do you think they will at least think about it well it can not do any harm to ask ... cheeky me

love and peace,
    Susan.
    Yes let's start mailing Susan, which one do we prefer on the big screen? I would go I think for a.......difficult choice.... but I go for Jailhouse Rock

Jailhouse Rock

What a great choice I have sent my mail it won't be my first and certainly not the last. I personally think it would be a great success since not many new fans have ever got to see Elvis in this way and since they won't consider releasing Elvis ' last concert for us I think they should do this for us instead

I wonder if it is at all possible to do it who knows but I am sure they could try!

love and peace,
    Susan.

I wish to see..

Flaming Star

Change Of Habit and

Charro

I havent seen Double Trouble, Tickle Me,...neither Love a Little Live a Little...but reading the titles ...

I may just passed them