Thread: Introduction

hi, i'm e.l.v.i.s (i wish ),nah! im aron adkins and im 16.im from england and i am a massive elvis fan.i have a viynl collection that has been estimated to be in its thousands,and a cd collection to make any collector foam at the mouth .im not your average fan who says 'oh elvis is good in the 50's but his films i didnt like' nah hats not me i like anything elvis (except impersonators ) elvis was king from the 50's,60's,70's.......and so on and will always be apart of our lives.what more can i say....this is a totally cool site and so i decided that i would join and did ........... : (what can i say ???????????)........... oh expect to see some alternate covers i wish to make and some cool pictures i am currently editing.so prepare to be amazed by this 'memphis flash' lol big hi to you all .......aron adkins......keep elvising!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Glad to hear that Elvis is still standing strong with the youth

What amazes me is that the new Elvis generation (who became fan after Elvis' death) has much less problems with the movieperiod and mostly prefer the 70s as their favourite decade.

Perhaps when you were an Elvisfan throughout Elvis' carreer you have noticed the downfall of Elvis' carreer and personal life. Perhaps that makes it more difficult to see the periods in perspective and enjoy moviesoundtracks or shows from '77.

Anyhow, welcome aboard
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Coming On Strong
    Welcome to the forum Enjoy your stay

TCB Mafia
    Welcome aboard Aron

Hope you enjoy your visits

Its great that someone so young already has a passion for elvis' music...you have chosen the right path my friend

Look forward to seeing some of your work
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Cadillac King
    Welcome Aron ....you say you are 16 and have Lps' in THOUSANDS, CDs to make me foam .... are you still single ? realised I am a man and married at that -but still -

How did you become a fan ..how did you get that amazing collection ?

I'm a ravin maniac ......

jb

Mad Tigers
    welcome aron

is it just elvis your into or do you like modern stuff to.i have a 17 year old son who likes elvis but also likes groups like muse , sum 41 .

MY BOY,MY BOY

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    GREETINGS ARON!!

Welcome to the board!! We're so glad you joined us!!

Enjoy the board!!
    TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

well ive been a fan since i was about 11-12 due to my dad who has been a fan all his life.i started going to our local fanclub events.i was very worried going to the first event as there was so many people there.i loved it though.the day after that my dad gave me a handful of lp's,pretty basic stuff!!! (aloha,40 greatest hits etc)
    after that i was hooked,,,,i attended every record fair events,traveld to record shops in london every where possible then gradually i collected about 2000+ records.
    my rariest lp would have to be having fun with elvis on stage on the boxcar label which is still sealed and has never been opened! saying that though i have too much rare stuff to say which is the rariest!every birthday,christmas i would ask dad and mom for that lp i couldnt afford!!! i was addicted to records!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!!!!!

i would constantly look through my records cleaning them once a week.i would write in a book the label colour,the serial number etc it had by now became a very big part of my life.

my greatest elvis memory is once at a elvis fanclub event i was by then 14 and plucked up enough courage to dance.before that i constantly watched all the elvis movies and concerts studying elvis' moves and when i got up and danced i done them (very badly i think)!!! after each song i danced to i got a loud applause.people said to my dad 'hey you know he could be one of the best elvis impersonators' as me and my dad totally hate elvis impersonators we said no chance.
    i loved dancing to elvis ,the beats,the rythm,the voice could make a 99 year old crippled man dance!

yeh! i like some of the modern music,i mean im sure some elvis fans liked the osmonds and so on as well as elvis?back in the 70's.... but i am by no means into the modern stuff as much as i am elvis.

my main aim in life is to visit graceland,i mean the fact i live in england and i am only 16 doesnt look likely it will be soon!!! however i just wanna visit his grave side and thank him for what he did for us,the friends,the memories!

well thats basically all you guys need to know unless you buy my new book ha!ha!

aron (e.l.v.i.s)

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Originally posted by E.L.V.I.S@Apr 26 2004, 11:45 AM
    i just wanna visit his grave side and thank him for what he did for us,the friends,the memories!
    Very cool.

Welcome aboard.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

back in 2001 my dads friend sold his collection of 500 records to my dad,so thats where some came from,however the rest has just built up from record fairs etc..... why you not believe????? :cry: i have no need to lie. anyway.........

thanks!!! it taken my dad tons of money ha!ha! i have a picture of me next to all my collection,i might post it to prove then again i would get to many messages of the women 'if you none stop buy lp's everytime you have some cash you would have 2000 records'

although i love cd's there just something special about picking up an lp and inspecting it.although cd's are good i loved the jungle room sessions cd,what a cover....has any body here attempted a jungle room alt. cover if so plz post it here :worthy: