Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think Michael Jackson will surpass Elvis as the top earning dead celeb?

Re: Do you think Michael Jackson will surpass Elvis as the top earning dead celeb?

Everybody made good comments and observations on this topic.Another thing about Elvis' staying power is the fact he truly has become more than just an icon.Elvis' legacy is wrapped up in our culture.It's like he's always been with us forever.I think even new fans feel that way.He was the first global superstar.Nobody can beat or top that.You always remember youre first right?Elvis just keeps going and going.He was the total package.A marketing dream and deservedly so.Nobody can compare with Elvis when it's all said and done.

Re: Do you think Michael Jackson will surpass Elvis as the top earning dead celeb?

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Everybody made good comments and observations on this topic.Another thing about Elvis' staying power is the fact he truly has become more than just an icon.Elvis' legacy is wrapped up in our culture.It's like he's always been with us forever.I think even new fans feel that way.He was the first global superstar.Nobody can beat or top that.You always remember youre first right?Elvis just keeps going and going.He was the total package.A marketing dream and deservedly so.Nobody can compare with Elvis when it's all said and done.

My feelings exactly
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Just curious, Brian, what # did K C fall to in 2006? Do you know?
    Kurt Cobain fell to #4.

Absolutely

Diane

i think michael wont
    elvis is perfect for everything
    who wants a Michael Jackson Plate
    then when ur done eating u scared to death hahaha
    no just kidding i have respect for michael but no i think elvis stays on top

Elvis' legacy is wrapped up in our culture.It's like he's always been with us forever.
    Elvis was attacked back in the 50s and also in 70s (for drugs and stuff), but he went over all that and became part of the US essence. Michael went tru a smilar situation and I'm sure his fans will keep him. So he will turn eventually into something similar to Elvis.
    Both made huge developments in music and pop culture. Different generations, different moments.

Records are just "records" what's most important is Michael's and Elvis' legacy to their fans.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Coming On Strong

I'M SICK OF MJ,I'M TIRED OF HIM BEING MADE OUT TO BE EQUAL TO ELVIS HE'LL NEVER BE EQUAL IN MY EYES,FOR ONE ELVIS NEVER HAD A THANG FOR LITTLE BOYS COME ON PEOPLE LETS NOT FORGET THAT

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That might be the perfect marketing tool-Pepper for the early years and salt for the later "remade MJ"......

I think Joe Jackson is money hungry and I can see him squeezing every last dollar out of any situation which will make money.
    Its my understanding that MJ had hundreds of unreleased songs in the can-which could be the difference in who makes the most each year.
    But we will see how loyal and long lasting the fans of MJ are in the next 10 years.
    I can't see any fans being more loyal than Elvis' fans are!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Who wants MJ salt and pepper shakers on the table when youre trying to eat?
    But who wouldn't want school supplies with MJ's face stamped on them?

Michael Jackson set to earn more than Presley
    Advertisement
    Share Print E-mail Comment[ - ] Text [ + ]STAFF WRITER 14:44 HRS IST
    London, Aug 16 (PTI) Pop icon Michael Jackson is set to break rock and roll legend Elvis Presley record of beyond the grace earnings.

The executors of Jackson's will John Branca and John McClain say that cash has flooded in from a film deal and merchandising contracts, Mirror online reported.

Jackson has already earned 60 million pounds in the 50 days since his death and another 60 million pounds is expected by the end of the year putting Jackson on course to beat Presley's record of earning after death.

The King of Pop's longtime lawyer Branca, said, "Clearly that's a new record for estates that likely will not be broken."

Branca and McClain, a music executive and Jackson family friend, were named in the star's will as co-executors of his estate.

The pair have put together a series of deals for merchandise such as commemorative coins, school supplies and a 90 pounds coffee-table book.

I see where you're going with this one, Cake.
    My daughter had Sesame Street characters on some of her diapers.
    Why not Jacko's face?
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I see where you're going with this one, Cake.
    My daughter had Sesame Street characters on some of her diapers.
    Why not Jacko's face?
    You have such a twisted mind that I'm afraid to ask you what you mean...

Backstage Pass

MJ might surpass Elvis at first....only because of his recent death....

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Who cares Brian if MJ did surpass him (which he won't). If your an Elvis fan, stuff like that wouldn't bother you a-tall even if he did surpass Elvis...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Who cares Brian if MJ did surpass him (which he won't). If your an Elvis fan, stuff like that wouldn't bother you a-tall even if he did surpass Elvis...
    Thanks for your opinion

However if you read what I said carefully in my original post I said it didn't matter to me if MJ surpasses Elvis.
    There are a lot more important accolades.
    I was asking if anyone thought it was a possibilty that MJ would surpass Elvis permanently and for people's thoughts, feelings, and opinions on the subject.
    To some fans it is important to them that Elvis maintain this record and that's okay.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks for your opinion

However if you read what I said carefully in my original post I said it didn't matter to me if MJ surpasses Elvis.
    There are a lot more important accolades.
    I was asking if anyone thought it was a possibilty that MJ would surpass Elvis permanently and for people's thoughts, feelings, and opinions on the subject.
    To some fans it is important to them that Elvis maintain this record and that's okay.
    Oh okay I read you loud and clear.

Wouldn't mater at all to me whether he does or doesn't surpass E.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123