Thread: ELVIS SHELBY COUNTY DEPARTMENT JUMPSUIT on Ebay

ELVIS SHELBY COUNTY DEPARTMENT JUMPSUIT on Ebay

This Shelby County Sheriff Department Jumpsuit was presented to Elvis Presley by Tom B. Morgan Jr. on August 15, 1977 while he was visiting Elvis at Graceland, his Memphis home. The Jumpsuit was a gift to Elvis from Sheriff Gene Barksdale and Tom B. Morgan Jr. to wear while aboard the Lisa Marie during flights between cities on his upcoming concert tour.

This suit is the standard departmental jumpsuit, green in color, with a full front zipper closure, short sleeves and a collar. Elvis`s name and rank (Chief Deputy) are embroidered in gold above the right breast pocket and above the left breast pocket is the Metro Aviantion Patch. Also, on Elvis`s Jumpsuit were the SCSD Patch on the right shoulder and the Swat Team Patch on the left shoulder. Elvis tried on this jumpsuit in Tom`s presents and was wearing it later when Tom left Graceland.

This Jumpsuit may very well be the last gift Elvis received before his untimely death.

After Elvis` death, Mr. Vernon Presley gave this jumpsuit to Tom B. Morgan Jr. in appreciation for coordinating the security of the house and grounds of Graceland along with his staff during the time of Elvis`s funeral. Tom spend about a week at Graceland after Elvis`s death helping with security.

This jumpsuit comes with a letter from Thomas B. Morgan Jr. telling the story about this one of a kind jumpsuit.

link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIS-PRESLEY-SH...d=p3286.c0.m14
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic7522_3.gif

International Level

Re: ELVIS SHELBY COUNTY DEPARTMENT JUMPSUIT on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by TCB4ELVIS View Post
    This Shelby County Sheriff Department Jumpsuit was presented to Elvis Presley by Tom B. Morgan Jr. on August 15, 1977 while he was visiting Elvis at Graceland, his Memphis home. The Jumpsuit was a gift to Elvis from Sheriff Gene Barksdale and Tom B. Morgan Jr. to wear while aboard the Lisa Marie during flights between cities on his upcoming concert tour.

This suit is the standard departmental jumpsuit, green in color, with a full front zipper closure, short sleeves and a collar. Elvis`s name and rank (Chief Deputy) are embroidered in gold above the right breast pocket and above the left breast pocket is the Metro Aviantion Patch. Also, on Elvis`s Jumpsuit were the SCSD Patch on the right shoulder and the Swat Team Patch on the left shoulder. Elvis tried on this jumpsuit in Tom`s presents and was wearing it later when Tom left Graceland.

This Jumpsuit may very well be the last gift Elvis received before his untimely death.

After Elvis` death, Mr. Vernon Presley gave this jumpsuit to Tom B. Morgan Jr. in appreciation for coordinating the security of the house and grounds of Graceland along with his staff during the time of Elvis`s funeral. Tom spend about a week at Graceland after Elvis`s death helping with security.

This jumpsuit comes with a letter from Thomas B. Morgan Jr. telling the story about this one of a kind jumpsuit.

link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIS-PRESLEY-SH...d=p3286.c0.m14
    I wonder, was this man a member of the Sheriff's department? If so, that
    would mean that an outsider, a member of law enforcement spent time with
    Elvis the day before his death and didn't notice anything to indicate Elvis'
    alleged drug problem? I find that very curious.
    The jumpsuit is nice and I'm sure Elvis loved it; but, it is sad that he didn't
    get to use it for the purpose intended. So sad.
    "talk about the good times"

I always found it curious that Elvis (and Vernon apparently ) Gave gifts of his
    clothes to people all the time. You always see auctions where he gave Sonny West a shirt (just for example I used him) or one of the other people he knew .
    I probably just don't notice it but I don't see that as much with other celebrities.

I don't think I'd ever buy anything like that even if I could spare the 10 grand, what would I do with it? I guess its just not my thing. I enjoyed looking at the pictures though.

*is a bit skeptical about the item for some reason*

If this is the last gift Elvis received before his death, then that knocks the supposed letter that Elvis was supposed to have received from Paul Lichter out the window as being the last gift/whatever you wanna call it that Elvis received.

The jumpsuit is from the 70's - 80's era used in law enforcement. I have trouble with the story of it being delivered to Elvis on the 15th. Hard to imagine Elvis undressing then trying on the jumpsuit to model for this guy. Possibility of it belonging to Elvis though.

As far as this guy being a cop or not and noticing Elvis' condition? If he was, cops get star struck also.

The letter signed for by Elvis from Lichter? Pretty wild to think, the mailman bypassed the guard and the gate, knocked on Elvis' door, he answered it himself then personally signed for a certifed letter. The mail as far as I knew was always delivered to Veron's office. I'm guessing this didnt happen either.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

International Level

Quote Originally Posted by RS277 View Post
    The jumpsuit is from the 70's - 80's era used in law enforcement. I have trouble with the story of it being delivered to Elvis on the 15th. Hard to imagine Elvis undressing then trying on the jumpsuit to model for this guy. Possibility of it belonging to Elvis though.

As far as this guy being a cop or not and noticing Elvis' condition? If he was, cops get star struck also.

The letter signed for by Elvis from Lichter? Pretty wild to think, the mailman bypassed the guard and the gate, knocked on Elvis' door, he answered it himself then personally signed for a certifed letter. The mail as far as I knew was always delivered to Veron's office. I'm guessing this didnt happen either.
    Many of the accounts of Elvis' last few months of life would have us believe
    that he was in a zombie-like state from drug abuse. I would think even a
    star-struck cop would pick up on this.
    "talk about the good times"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    *is a bit skeptical about the item for some reason*

If this is the last gift Elvis received before his death, then that knocks the supposed letter that Elvis was supposed to have received from Paul Lichter out the window as being the last gift/whatever you wanna call it that Elvis received.
    Lichter is, of course, a stinking, filthy liar in everything he says, does, breathes, offers and farts.

"This Shelby County Sheriff Department Jumpsuit was presented to Elvis Presley by Tom B. Morgan Jr. on August 15, 1977 while he was visiting Elvis at Graceland, his Memphis home."

Yeah, sure!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Lichter is, of course, a stinking, filthy liar in everything he says, does, breathes, offers and farts.

"This Shelby County Sheriff Department Jumpsuit was presented to Elvis Presley by Tom B. Morgan Jr. on August 15, 1977 while he was visiting Elvis at Graceland, his Memphis home."

Yeah, sure!
    I wouldnt like to smell his farts then!!

elvislady

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

So Getlo, what are you trying to say here???

I agree with your analysis though of Lichter and his supposed "best friend" relationship he had with Elvis...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

You would be guessing correctly!!!

Unfortunately, many Elvis fans have been taken advantage of over the years by Lichter and his supposed "best friend" relationship with Elvis. But the positive thing is that with forums like this, where people can tell the truth about Lichter, hopefully less fans will be taken advantage of in the future!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    So Getlo, what are you trying to say here???

I agree with your analysis though of Lichter and his supposed "best friend" relationship he had with Elvis...

TCB!
    Mike
    Lichter, admittedly, has had some good books over the years, although they've always been too expensive.

He lost me years ago when, in the intro to one of his books, he mentioned that time he rode pillion with Elvis on his motorbike, just two friends riding in the desert.

Bollocks!

It's highly likely this con man never even met Elvis.

And there are enough stories about people being ripped off by Lichter to avoid him forever. All his autographs for sale are faked, and he often doesn't deliver what his catalogue promises.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I don't believe anything Lichter (Leechter) says anymore after learning more about him and his conning ways.

Yeah, sure!
    Lichter, admittedly, has had some good books over the years, although they've always been too expensive.

He lost me years ago when, in the intro to one of his books, he mentioned that time he rode pillion with Elvis on his motorbike, just two friends riding in the desert.

Bollocks!

And there are enough stories about people being ripped off by Lichter to avoid him forever. All his autographs for sale are faked, and he often doesn't deliver what his catalogue promises.

The only book I have of Lichter's is the photo book, "Elvis: The Legend Lives On" from (I think!) 1980 or 1981. It's a very good pictorial book but alot of the pictures are out of order chronologically and the pictures that are supposed to be from the final concert (near the back of the book) are actually shots from several concerts during the final tours that year. There are probably only about four actual pictures from the Indy concert in the book towards the back.

Bollocks!

I agree completely!!

I've picked up a few of Lichter's books in the past, because as you said, some of his books are very good. But I was able to pick them up for far less than the $70 he charges per book!!!

Years ago, I was quite intrigued by Lichter's stories and supposed friendship with Elvis, but as time went on and I investigated a little more into some of his stories, there were plenty of inaccuracies found and once I did some additional research, I was able to pretty much debunk most of Lichter's claims....

TCB!
    Mike

I don't know If I believe this was giving to Elvis. if it's true that Vernon Apparently signed a letter of authenticity, he might have been a bit out of it when he did or took money to put his John Hancock on it.
    Wasn't there another questionable item someone was trying to sell on ebay, stating that it was authorized by, Vernon?
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic7522_3.gif

Well, for those of you that shop on eBay for Elvis CD's, BEWARE!!!!

I was browsing through the Elvis CD's and noticed that our friend Mr. Lichter has decided to sell some of his outrageously priced stuff on eBay now!!! Just look for the "ElvisUnique" watermark that stretches across the item photos when you're browsing through the CD's to find out which one's are his so you can avoid them!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Well, for those of you that shop on eBay for Elvis CD's, BEWARE!!!!

I was browsing through the Elvis CD's and noticed that our friend Mr. Lichter has decided to sell some of his outrageously priced stuff on eBay now!!! Just look for the "ElvisUnique" watermark that stretches across the item photos when you're browsing through the CD's to find out which one's are his so you can avoid them!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Thanks so much for the warning Mike

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks so much for the warning Mike

Diane
    No problem Diane! I would hate to see unsuspecting or uninformed Elvis fans be taken advantage of!!!

TCB!
    Mike