Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My memories

My memories

I thought I would share a PM from Rosanne. I got this a few weeks after we got found each other again. We were so goofy together.

I'm guessing that you are asleep about now! Not me...just call me Elvis! We had company over tonight so I didn't get the chance to call....I will be a bachlorette all weekend, Jim is going to a coaching clinic in College Station. I told him that I am having an Elvis festival while he's gone and his reply was "I thought every day was an Elvis festival for you"! Anyway...maybe we can play pur Elvis movies over the phone this weekend, and pretend to be 14 again!!!!

Forever Best Friends

Re: My memories

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TotallyInsane
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by utmom2008
    Are u there?

I don't think Elvis wanted us talking about his grandson like that!!!

LOL....LOL....
    Maybe that was Elvis that said "watch it buddy"...maybe he was talking to you..

Forever Best Friends

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    I thought I would share a PM from Rosanne. I got this a few weeks after we got found each other again. We were so goofy together.

I'm guessing that you are asleep about now! Not me...just call me Elvis! We had company over tonight so I didn't get the chance to call....I will be a bachlorette all weekend, Jim is going to a coaching clinic in College Station. I told him that I am having an Elvis festival while he's gone and his reply was "I thought every day was an Elvis festival for you"! Anyway...maybe we can play pur Elvis movies over the phone this weekend, and pretend to be 14 again!!!!
    Now she do not need Elvis movies........She has the best seat in the house!!! Love you Rosanne

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Now she do not need Elvis movies........She has the best seat in the house!!! Love you Rosanne
    she certainly does!
    jeanette

International Level

Thank you for sharing your
    memories. They are really precious.

Thank you for sharing these memories with us Gail.

Here is a message Rosanne sent me last week after returning from her last trip to Graceland that I think would be okay to share. She speaks of her excitment of getting to go see Adam Lambert which would be tonight...and the fun she had with Kim (Midnight) and her family in Memphis.

"I'm just getting through all of my emails from being gone last week. I just registered on the Elvis and Adam site and now I'm waiting on confirmation. Thanks for sending the invite!
    I watched that video, along with a TON of them on Youtube! I can't wait...I haven't been this fired up over a show in a LONG time! I hope to get good pics, we are supposed to have good seats!
    I had so much fun last week with Kim and her family."

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

I'm so thankful you found each other again and got to share even more memories than you already had Gail.

I'm also glad that you Kim had the chance to meet her in person and have that memory of her as well.

So terribly sad to lose someone that dear of a friend. I wasn't as close to her as some of you were but I can't see her lovely face on this site without shedding a tear.

I'm happy for her that she went quickly without pain or sickness but I sure wish it had happened thirty years from now.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you Jim, Andrew and Amy and all of her dear friends for some time to come.

Diane

Thankyou Gail for sharing your precious moments with us....More Tears here again now
    God bless you xxx
    Rosanne 4/27/59-7/22/09 Rest in Peace

http://malc07.tripod.com

My Radio shows every Thursday and Sunday at 7pm UK time

(((((Rosanne))))) and (((((Gail)))))

The bond that can't be broken even with death.

R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

You know guys before Rosanne and I got back together I had been telling my husband that I was going to go Elvis Week until the 30th and then that would be it. He laughed and said no, you'll go back. Well, the 30th got here and I once again went. I'm not sure if any of you know this but I was there a year after he died and a hand full of us went and got candles across the street and lit them for him. As we stood there that night we decided that next year we would come prepared. Well, you all know how the Candlelight Vigil has grown over the years. Anyway, I got back home from the 30th after having a week there with another "pen pal" that I had met in Vegas on 12/12/76. I hadn't seen her since 1997. I did not work the candlelight that night - I just sat across the street all night and watched the thousands of candles go up that driveway. Again, I told my husband I was done. Well, a few months later I got back on TCB and you all know what happened that day. There I was again in full force. A few days after Rosanne and I had been talking I kinda mentioned it to my husband that we were wanting to have a reunion and we wanted to do it in Memphis. He got the biggest smile on his face and of course with him it was perfectly ok. We went and had such a great time but it was over so quick. So, we decided we'd have to do it again and had an extra night - so we went back in October. We both laughed so much and both agreed that we hadn't laughed that much in years. Did you guys know that I did my Elvis impersonation of "Got A Lot of Living To Do" in the room one night. I thought she was going to die from laughing so hard (actually she thought I was pretty good - lol)! For the past 2 days those 2 trips have gone through my mind over and over. I've cried so much my eyes are swollen and don't think I'm ever gonna stop. Rosanne and I had talked and decided we would go to the Candlelight one year because she never got to experience it - I told her she had to go at least once. Well, we never got to do that. I had no plans to go next month. But now, I think I need to go one more time for my friend. I need to leave her picture there because she told me so many times how much at peace she is when she's there. All the other times I've only had one candle but this time I will carry two. While it may sound corny to some - she would so understand this and she will know what I'm saying to her. God willing I will make this journey one more time. I so love my friend and I will never have another like her. This was just not in our plans.

Forever Best Friends

Cadillac King

Oh yes do go Gail!....Thank you so much for sharing your heart here, I didn't know Rosanne well, but I think if I were here longer I think we may have got to know each other, I love people with a great sense of humor, now I'm getting to know her a little better through you, Thank you...

Gail, follow you heart and it will take you to Graceland on the 15th of August, and, Roseanne will be with you every step of the way.

Cadillac King

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy parkinson View Post
    Gail, follow you heart and it will take you to Graceland on the 15th of August, and, Roseanne will be with you every step of the way.
    Yes, absolutely !

Luana.

You know guys before Rosanne and I got back together I had been telling my husband that I was going to go Elvis Week until the 30th and then that would be it. He laughed and said no, you'll go back. Well, the 30th got here and I once again went. I'm not sure if any of you know this but I was there a year after he died and a hand full of us went and got candles across the street and lit them for him. As we stood there that night we decided that next year we would come prepared. Well, you all know how the Candlelight Vigil has grown over the years. Anyway, I got back home from the 30th after having a week there with another "pen pal" that I had met in Vegas on 12/12/76. I hadn't seen her since 1997. I did not work the candlelight that night - I just sat across the street all night and watched the thousands of candles go up that driveway. Again, I told my husband I was done. Well, a few months later I got back on TCB and you all know what happened that day. There I was again in full force. A few days after Rosanne and I had been talking I kinda mentioned it to my husband that we were wanting to have a reunion and we wanted to do it in Memphis. He got the biggest smile on his face and of course with him it was perfectly ok. We went and had such a great time but it was over so quick. So, we decided we'd have to do it again and had an extra night - so we went back in October. We both laughed so much and both agreed that we hadn't laughed that much in years. Did you guys know that I did my Elvis impersonation of "Got A Lot of Living To Do" in the room one night. I thought she was going to die from laughing so hard (actually she thought I was pretty good - lol)! For the past 2 days those 2 trips have gone through my mind over and over. I've cried so much my eyes are swollen and don't think I'm ever gonna stop. Rosanne and I had talked and decided we would go to the Candlelight one year because she never got to experience it - I told her she had to go at least once. Well, we never got to do that. I had no plans to go next month. But now, I think I need to go one more time for my friend. I need to leave her picture there because she told me so many times how much at peace she is when she's there. All the other times I've only had one candle but this time I will carry two. While it may sound corny to some - she would so understand this and she will know what I'm saying to her. God willing I will make this journey one more time. I so love my friend and I will never have another like her. This was just not in our plans.
    This is something you need to do gail for yourself and rosanne, you will feel at peace once you have done this last dream for rosanne.
    jeanette xx

Coming On Strong

Gail,
    I can never replace what you and Roseanne have.. But just know I will be here for you anyway I can.. I was so excited for you when you told me about finding her.You got to have you teenage years over with her. What a special thing to have. I always enjoy your stories of your Elvis adventures..I did get to see Elvis in concert when he was in Houston and to meet him one time with my kids but to have seen him in Vegas that would have been a dream come true... I NEVER GET TIRED OF THEM!!!!!
    You have a place to stay for the vigil.

XOXOXOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by MiMi View Post
    Gail,
    I can never replace what you and Roseanne have.. But just know I will be here for you anyway I can.. I was so excited for you when you told me about finding her.You got to have you teenage years over with her. What a special thing to have. I always enjoy your stories of your Elvis adventures..I did get to see Elvis in concert when he was in Houston and to meet him one time with my kids but to have seen him in Vegas that would have been a dream come true... I NEVER GET TIRED OF THEM!!!!!
    You have a place to stay for the vigil.

XOXOXOXOX
    Mimi,
    You know you are my "other best friend"....remember when I got in trouble for that?? It was soooo funny. Tim still laughs at that.
    I'm glad you understand the bond that Rosanne and I had for each other and were so happy for us reuniting. You are my very special friend and I hope you know that. I hope I can be the kind of friend to you that she was to me. Thank you so much for the invitation to share a room with you for my little adventure. I haven't told Tim yet....I might just sneak off one day and call him from the road!!!

Forever Best Friends

Coming On Strong

Mimi,
    You know you are my "other best friend"....remember when I got in trouble for that?? It was soooo funny. Tim still laughs at that.
    I'm glad you understand the bond that Rosanne and I had for each other and were so happy for us reuniting. You are my very special friend and I hope you know that. I hope I can be the kind of friend to you that she was to me. Thank you so much for the invitation to share a room with you for my little adventure. I haven't told Tim yet....I might just sneak off one day and call him from the road!!!
    Oh my gosh girl!! I know that...What God and Elvis put together NO ONE can undo!!!! Look at you and Roseanne!!! a long journey but reunited....
    I am so happy that you and her got to do "ROAD TRIPS" they are the best....

I would be honored to go with you at the vigil to pay our respects to both of them with roses and her picture...

XOXOXOXOX
    Your the best!!!!!

That was a beautiful and touching read. ((((Gail))))

R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

That's a great idea Gail Just goes to show how much you loved Rosanne. And no it's not corny at all. I hope someone does that for me too hon!
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    That's a great idea Gail Just goes to show how much you loved Rosanne. And no it's not corny at all. I hope someone does that for me too hon!
    Hi David,
    We'll have to recruit someone here to do it for you honey. This will be my last trip to Memphis.

Forever Best Friends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast