Thread: Did the King of Rock and Pop ever met?

Did the King of Rock and Pop ever met?

Many fans are asking themselves the question if Elvis and Michael ever met each other. As far as known, that never happened. Michael was 19 years old at the time Elvis passed away and was already a star at that time, so it would not be impossible. If there ever could be a meeting, then Lake Tahoe would be the perfect location for it. it happened several times that 'The Jackson 5' took over the Sahara showroom for several concerts after the Presley show finished their concertserie. It is known that Lisa-Marie has seen Michael for the first time in 1975. On the link below, you'll see a clip from an 1994 Elvis Tribute Show where Priscilla, Lisa-Marie, Michael and his sister Janet are in the audience. This is probably the only time that both the Presley and Jackson family were together and close with Elvis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIjGD6E6htk"]YouTube - Michael, Lisa Marie, and Priscilla at Elvis Tribute 1994[/ame]

Re: Did the King of Rock and Pop ever met?

They did not meet, ever.

End of story.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia

Jermaine Jackson was on Larry King a few years ago he was asked if he ever met Elvis he said that they met him one time in Lake Tahoe in a hallway and shared an elevator with him. Jermaine said Elvis said ''hey, you guys are the Jackson 5 boys''

So according to Jermaine Jackson they did meet.

tell me it's all right

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    They did not meet, ever.

End of story.
    How do you explain Brian's story? If I don't know what to believe, I'll cry.. and someone is going to have to hold me and keep me from falling!

Anyway.. if they did meet Elvis must have left a positive impression.. The Jacksons were doing all right, in the charts and such, but Elvis wasn't the man to be jealous about such trivial matters.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Again, Michael Jackson and Elvis never met.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

TCB Mafia

Again, Michael Jackson and Elvis never met.
    But that's not what Jermaine Jackson says.

SleepyJack

Actually they did meet... they were both in the Betty Ford Clinic in 1978... late spring if I remember right..I was there myself after being arrested for drink-driving a prototype electric car that had been commissioned by the all-dog-band WOOFWOOF. We thought it was real funny that music had brought us together `cos they wouldn`t let us near the volume button on the radio. So now you know....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    But that's not what Jermaine Jackson says.
    Jermaine is either lying or mistaken.

Had they met, then it would have been well documented in the Elvis world.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

would say from B to C to A or inside out

Had they met, then it would have been well documented in the Elvis world
    presupposition: interesting and/or important facts have been well-documented without exception

As in so many theoretical aspects, fan A would typically say B and fan B would typically say A.

There are possible motives not to document, or to conceal publication about certain events: it might not be in someone else's interest. Who knows what unflattering deeds may have been done (concerning anyone or anything)?

Anyway Jennifer.. how would you explain the infallibleness of documentation?
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 07-16-2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: yes please
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

Lord, love a duck ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

duck vader

Lord, love a duck ...
    That's a bit off-topic.. but I love animals if that's what you mean!

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I heard the story somewhere that Elvis went to a Jackson 5 concert with Lisa in 1975. But I donīt remember where I read it.

I agree with Getlo. Jermaine has to be lying because it's never been documented anywhere that the Jackson's met Elvis - or rather, whether Michael himself ever met Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    Actually they did meet... they were both in the Betty Ford Clinic in 1978... late spring if I remember right..I was there myself after being arrested for drink-driving a prototype electric car that had been commissioned by the all-dog-band WOOFWOOF. We thought it was real funny that music had brought us together `cos they wouldn`t let us near the volume button on the radio. So now you know....

Class ....lmao

I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Its not unrealistic to think they may have had a chance meeting-which was not widely public knowledge.....remember MJ and the Jackson 5 were bubblegum type music when Elvis died-even MJ was not the mega star that he became in 1982 so it may have seemed of little importance if it happened in the 70s. Just a thought.
    But its also possible that they never met.
    Work in Progress!

I agree. There is a possibility that everyone that Elvis met was not always "well documented". He could have briefly met lots of celebrities including any one of the Jackson 5 and it wasn't necessisarily "well documented".

International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar

From "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" (page 587)

Marty Lacker: "Elvis had Lisa with him out there. She'd just turned six. The guys went into Tahoe a few days early to rehearse, and the Jackson family was finishing their run there. Jerry took Lisa down after the show one night. Thats where she met Michael Jackson, her husband to be. Schilling actually did it, but you might say that Elvis introduced them".

So based on that, I dont know that the two of them actually ever met.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.