Thread: Lisa Describes Her Childhood

Lisa Describes Her Childhood

"It's true, I was quite the spoiled brat," she admits. "I have quite a temper, obviously inherited from my father, and I became very good at ordering everyone around. I was the princess; the staff were absolutely terrified of me. Ha." "I was very much a daddy's girl, and was pretty tyrannical when he was sleeping. If I could get into trouble, I would. I didn't have a lot of respect for those people [around him] because I saw a lot of debauchery and decadence going on. People trying to hid it from me, but I was onto them."

Q: And in your song SOB, you call yourself a *****.
    A: It's a term I heard a lot when I was growing up. "C'mere, you little son of a *****." My family members say that to one another. My Aunt Delta used to live in Graceland. She was a very scary woman, very funny. People were afraid to be around her. She was an alcoholic diabetic, so she wasn't always in the best mood. Her room was away from the tours but she would come out to walk her dog and flip off the tourists. They would come up to her and say, "Are you Aunt Delta?" She'd say, "Hell no, Delta died last week."

"Anything my father did for me or gave me was done out of love. ... I'm sure I had moments when I was a snot. But my mom [Priscilla] was there to smack me back to the other side."

"I was very much a daddy's girl, and was pretty tyrannical when he was sleeping. If I could get into trouble, I would. I didn't have a lot of respect for those people [around him] because I saw a lot of debauchery and decadence going on. People trying to hid it from me, but I was onto them."

"I was very protective of my father," she says, "and I didn't like these people who hung around outside all day. They creeped me out."

"I was exposed to a lot of things real fast," she remembers of the crowd that surrounded her father. "I had to watch these guys cheating on their wives," which led her to a low opinion of women, not men. To this day, Presley confides, "I don't have many close friends who are women."

"I got an early education on how bad men and women can act. Most of those people were sucking the life out of him."

"I remember him (laughs) watching me through the crack of a door singing with a hairbrush. I was in front of his mirror. I think he wanted me to sing. He would get me on the table and make me sing sometimes or play the piano. He was very encouraging on that front."

"When they (her parents) divorced, I would go out on the road more and miss more school, which I liked. People say I didn't get to see him very much, but I was with him quite a bit. All of a sudden, a car would show up at school, and he was calling for me to go out on the road."

Q: There's a children's slide in the garden at Graceland that has bullet holes in it. What happened there?
    A: "There was a firing range right next to it in a little building. I was never on the slide when he was shooting. It was never like, "Move over, little sweetheart, I'm shootin'. Move to the right! Now the left!"

Re: Lisa Describes Her Childhood

Now isnt that strange. She has a low opinion of women because the MM cheated on their wives with other women. Why is that always the case?
    Say a married man cheats with a single woman. The single woman is blamed. Surely the single woman hasnt broken any vows!! The married man has! Of course, morally they are both wrong. But generally its the woman who comes out as the "baddie"

example:, victoria Beckham and David Beckham. when he was allegedly having an affair with his PA, he wasnt blamed. The PA was and the wife was. whats up with that!!!

Re: Lisa Describes Her Childhood

Awesome! Thanks for posting!!