Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

you know its funny you always here people say that they dont like Elvis music,or blah blah, samething goes with some of my friends, so they'll ask me to play them some of Elvis's other song's i usually like to play them a lil of everything,but especially from 69-72 and once i play them the song's they always say the same thing,my guy friends will usually say, man Elvis Rocked out!!!, and my lady friends always say, Elvis had an amazing voice,but everyone usually are amazed by what he could do,and that he was so much more than just hound dog,all shook up,and other song's, i'll tell you what in vegas 69 Elvis rocked alot harder than most rock act's in the 70's.
    Play it James!

Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    That's not Gene Simmons from KISS.
    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Nope diane the article l posted was about some other gene simmons not that l knew there was two
    Quote Originally Posted by molokai123 View Post
    i'll b watching,but never really a kiss fan.

You can go ahead and watch...this is NOT the Gene Simmons that you are thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post

You can go ahead and watch...this is NOT the Gene Simmons that you are thinking of.
    I'm confused...Wasn't the first article Jen posted in this thread about the Gene Simmons from Kiss...but, then the second article wasn't or am I wrong?

franny
    Last edited by franny; 06-14-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I'm confused... Wasn't the first article Jen posted in this thread about the Gene Simmons from Kiss...but, then the second article wasn't or am I wrong?

franny
    i gotta admit im a lil confused to,cuz this article is about the Gene Simmons from kiss,but then it turned into another Gene simmons or sumthing,but i know the gene in the show is from kiss. o
    Play it James!

Loving elvis

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I'm confused...Wasn't the first article Jen posted in this thread about the Gene Simmons from Kiss...but, then the second article wasn't or am I wrong?

franny
    yes l'am confused now to since it came from EPE that it was gene simmons from kiss and it shows it on his website.

rosanne could you show something that says it's not gene simmons

Loving elvis

http://www.kissonline.com/

everywhere l look it says gene simmons of kiss is going to visit graceland.

The top link has more information about it.

thanks to little darlin on elvis collectors forum for the pictures

Last edited by presley31; 06-14-2009 at 07:38 PM.

rosanne could you show something that says it's not gene simmons
    I was only going by Donut's post #9 and your post #11 Jen. Now I'm confused!

Loving elvis

I was only going by Donut's post #9 and your post #11 Jen. Now I'm confused!

donut was correct when she posted its not gene simmons. The article l posted was about a different gene simmons that died and l didn't read that part not knowing there was two guys with the same name. The guy that died was called jumping gene simmons and he met elvis. anyhow its the kiss guy that coming to graceland.

[/b][/u]

Yes Rosanne. The one who visited Graceland is Gene Simmons from KISS and the one p31 posted the information about in post #7 is not. I think Gene from KISS chose his artistic name with the other Gene in mind anyway

The other singer is little-known Jumpin Gene Simmons. Like Elvis, he was born in Tupelo. He died in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpin'_Gene_Simmons

He supposedly performed as an opening act for Elvis in Tupelo. If this is true - and it's a big if - then it certainly was before Elvis became famous; because it certainly wasn't at Elvis' gigs there in '56 and '57.

And I would suggest the following is crap:

"Early on he met Elvis Presley through an acquaintance, before Presley broke on the national scene with Heartbreak Hotel early in 1956. Simmons would later be the opening act at a show in Tupelo given by Presley. Simmons asked Presley about the chances of his recording at Sun Records, and Presley arranged for him to have an audition."
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Backstage Pass

Cannot believe how they make it a "big deal" for Gene not to touch anything - don't touch the chair . . . don't touch the bar stool in the kitchen. Maybe I don't understand. I can see their point w/ the regular visitors to Graceland, but this was a private tour w/ the ropes taken down. I remember Oprah's visit when they went to the archives room and Oprah touched a check made out to Sony West w/o her glove on.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by GraceeD1970 View Post
    Cannot believe how they make it a "big deal" for Gene not to touch anything - don't touch the chair . . . don't touch the bar stool in the kitchen. Maybe I don't understand. I can see their point w/ the regular visitors to Graceland, but this was a private tour w/ the ropes taken down. I remember Oprah's visit when they went to the archives room and Oprah touched a check made out to Sony West w/o her glove on.
    Most of that "reality" show is staged.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post

Gene is all about getting attention for himself (not that his show is aired here, I haven't seen it).

Loving elvis

gene is always on here in canada. l really can't get into him or his shows.

TCB Mafia

gene is always on here in canada. l really can't get into him or his shows.

Hi Jen
    He didn't impress me with his latest, releasing a "private" video (all for self promotion I think, not accidentally released) to again, promote himself.

I deeply dislike his attitude to women.

Have you heard about that one?

Loving elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Hi Jen
    He didn't impress me with his latest, releasing a "private" video (all for self promotion I think, not accidentally released) to again, promote himself.

I deeply dislike his attitude to women.

Have you heard about that one?
    Hi kimmi

l think gene head gets bigger and bigger every show he does. l really don't like his attitude all that much either. l didn't like kiss than and not now either.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Yeah, it is.
    I have to say I find Gene funny though.

Im sure Gene's ego is no bigger than Elvis' was.He just plays it up for the camera's.It all about show business.It's just part of the persona he has created for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Im sure Gene's ego is no bigger than Elvis' was.He just plays it up for the camera's.It all about show business.It's just part of the persona he has created for himself.
    Exactly.

Anyone who's seen his fabulous show Rock School will know what a kind and generous person he is deep down.

The rest is just bravado.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Me and my brother met him when we were young teens and he was a total jerk to us. We at that point sold all his records and never bought a Kiss LP again. Goes to show how different Elvis was with his fans. He is far from the spirit of Elvis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast