Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

Loving elvis

Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

If you are home this weekend or have a chance to set your DVR, be sure to tune into Gene Simmons Family Jewels on the A&E Network for an episode titled “Memphis Blues.”

Click here for a preview of the upcoming episode which features a visit to Graceland by Gene Simmons and his son Nick. Gene had a private after hours tour and had to be reminded a few times not to touch the furniture.

The Memphis themed episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels is scheduled to air Sunday, June 14th on A&E at 9PM ET / 8PM CT

link:http://www.aetv.com/gene-simmons-fam...son=Season%204

source: www.elvis.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4643_109673543791_7284978791_2849376_586643_n.jpg  

Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

Now thats a veary cool way to end the weekend

TCB

Re: Gene Simmons Family Jewels to Feature Visit to Graceland on Upcoming Episode

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Gene had a private after hours tour and had to be reminded a few times not to touch the furniture.
    I won't be watching. To me Gene has always been a total no-class and the above quote doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't expect him to have any manners anywhere. I couldn't never understand what Cher saw in him.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I won't be watching. To me Gene has always been a total no-class and the above quote doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't expect him to have any manners anywhere. I couldn't never understand what Cher saw in him.

Diane
    I dont know much about this guy really, certainly didnt knowe he had been ivolved with cher!
    elvislady

Unless Im mistaken,I think he has spoken positivley about Elvis.

I'll give him a point for that then.

Diane

Loving elvis

Early on he met Elvis Presley through an acquaintance, before Presley broke on the national scene with Heartbreak Hotel early in 1956. Simmons would later be the opening act at a show in Tupelo given by Presley. Simmons asked Presley about the chances of his recording at Sun Records, and Presley arranged for him to have an audition. It resulted in Simmons releasing one record on the Sun label, which went nowhere, although Sun Records producer Sam Phillips liked what he heard. Simmons was actually quite a good singer, and preferred country and rockabilly type music.

source: http://www.tsimon.com/simmons.htm

I'll give him a point for that then.

Diane
    lmao diane!

thanks jen for the info.
    elvislady

Early on he met Elvis Presley through an acquaintance, before Presley broke on the national scene with Heartbreak Hotel early in 1956. Simmons would later be the opening act at a show in Tupelo given by Presley. Simmons asked Presley about the chances of his recording at Sun Records, and Presley arranged for him to have an audition. It resulted in Simmons releasing one record on the Sun label, which went nowhere, although Sun Records producer Sam Phillips liked what he heard. Simmons was actually quite a good singer, and preferred country and rockabilly type music.

source: http://www.tsimon.com/simmons.htm
    That's not Gene Simmons from KISS.

It isn't?????

Diane

Loving elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    That's not Gene Simmons from KISS.
    oops my mistake

Loving elvis

It isn't?????

Diane
    Nope diane the article l posted was about some other gene simmons not that l knew there was two

pmsl! now i didnt know there were to gene simmons either.
    elvislady

That does sound a bit familiar to me Jen. I must have read something else on this guy and made the same mistake.

He still doesn't have any manners.

Doesn't matter, I like all the things you find to post.

Diane

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

I will probably watch it just because it is at Graceland. It will be interesting to see Gene Simmon's reaction to it all. I am not a big fan of his, I do find him very rude. So glad to see his gloves on in the picture with Elvis' guitar! Shannon Tweed, his partner, grew up just a short distance from my home. Gene has been here himself on a few occasions. He loves it here and up until his latest show no one even recognized him!

i'll b watching,but never really a kiss fan.
    Play it James!

If you are home this weekend or have a chance to set your DVR, be sure to tune into Gene Simmons Family Jewels on the A&E Network for an episode titled “Memphis Blues.”

Click here for a preview of the upcoming episode which features a visit to Graceland by Gene Simmons and his son Nick. Gene had a private after hours tour and had to be reminded a few times not to touch the furniture.

The Memphis themed episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels is scheduled to air Sunday, June 14th on A&E at 9PM ET / 8PM CT

link:http://www.aetv.com/gene-simmons-fam...son=Season%204

source: www.elvis.com
    Jen, I'm not sure I'll watch the first one mentioned, I'm not really a fan of his.
    But, thanks for posting.

franny

I am very very much going to watch this episode. i happen to very good friends with James Lott who is the head sound engineer for Sun Studio. his wife Hettie posted a notice on my myspace about the show.
    i caught last week's show while surfing. i saw that Gene's son had on a Sun Studio t-shirt. i thought hmmmmm wonder if they've been some where in Memphis? LOL
    so needless to say its very cool having worked professionally with James Lott and Matt Ross-Spang and David Brookings inside Sun Studio. an experience I'll always cherish. i totally support Sun Studio in all their endevors.
    tcbelvisalways martine

tcbelvisalways martine

TCB Mafia

Destroyer was the first non Elvis album I ever bought. I wore that record out.

Gene, and Paul Stanley also, have the BIGGEST ego's in the history of all rock and roll. In Gene's book, he said he was always a bigger Beatles fan and the only two Elvis songs he likes are Hound Dog and Jailhouse Rock.

He certainly knows quite a bit about the origins and originators of rock and roll, and despite his feeling toward Elvis' music, I'm still a fan. Brings back memories of the '70's for me.

If I have nothing to do,then maybe I'll watch Gene and his family visit Graceland.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast