Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Linda Thompson...

TCB Mafia

Re: Linda Thompson...

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    unless you have heard it from her mouth what she has said about elvis then you cant prove anything on cilla,when i read anything said about anyone in the elvis world i keep a open mind! she never going to get all the fans to love her like they did elvis anyway.
    elvislady
    Most of them would like her

yes, I've heard Priscilla say those things and have an attitude

I would hate her to write a book, at least someone that knew Elvis should have some dignity and respect for their relationship with him. His own wife paid out on him. Why didn't Yoko Ono write a book about John Lennon?????? RESPECT

No, she didnt write a book but she did some kind of exhibition using John's glasses covered in blood!! Hardly respect. sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

yes, I've heard Priscilla say those things and have an attitude
    You and hundreds of thousands of people.

What did exactly Cybill say? Anyone knows of a link to read it somewhere?

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    You and hundreds of thousands of people.

What did exactly Cybill say? Anyone knows of a link to read it somewhere?
    I can't think of a link off hand but I can you tell you what she said.

you will find it in her book... Cybill Disobedience! or maybe you can tell us a little bit about what she said would be easy.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by Unique Dog View Post
    Linda was out for what she could get. I have no respect for this woman. NONE.
    That is so far off the mark, I don't know where to begin ... !
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    That is so far off the mark, I don't know where to begin ... !
    I would love to here what you have to say getlo... just a bit of your knowledge please! i would like to know what lind wanted?
    elvislady

I would love to here what you have to say getlo... just a bit of your knowledge please! i would like to know what lind wanted?
    elvislady
    Any fan should know just how wrong the statement above about Linda was.

Linda Thompson was the best thing that ever happened to Elvis, certainly in the 70s anyway.

To suggest that she was a gold-digger or that she was using Elvis is simply ludicrous.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Any fan should know just how wrong the statement above about Linda was.

Linda Thompson was the best thing that ever happened to Elvis, certainly in the 70s anyway.

To suggest that she was a gold-digger or that she was using Elvis is simply ludicrous.
    I agree 100 percent agree!
    elvislady

He didn't realise how good for him she was.
    None of the other women pandered to him the same
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

What is it? Is it x-rated?

TCB Mafia

you will find it in her book... Cybill Disobedience! or maybe you can tell us a little bit about what she said would be easy.
    elvislady
    Not everyone has Cybill's book

I didn't find out what Cybill said by reading her book

it's kinda vulgar what Cybill said but everybody is adult here so here goes.....

Cybill said she went out on a few dates with Elvis then by the third date
    she went up to Elvis bedroom and they begin kissing well one thing led to another and he was kissing her all over her body but he stopped at her bellybutton then she asked why he stopped Elvis told her he had never done that before then Cybill said would you like me to show you?

so Cybill has said that she taught Elvis about oral sex and that he had never done it before he met her.

I don't believe a 37 year old man like Elvis who had been with as many women as he was would've never done that with anyone before.

I think Cybill is just going around saying that for the publicity and to suit her own ego.

Thanks Brian. I don't believe it either .

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

I do not believe that one!

Neither do I and I think she's crude for even talking about that.

Diane

Loving elvis

Cybill Shepherd on larry king 2000

KING: ... in the very honest, very well-written "Cybill Disobedience."

Let's tin-type some things. I want to get into other bases, too.

Elvis Presley -- how did you meet? What was he like?

SHEPHERD: He was a brilliant man. I had somebody ask me a question just the other day, was Elvis somewhat childlike? I said, well, in the best sense, he was brilliant, he was funny, he was warm- hearted.

I really think that the drugs were the problem with Elvis Presley. And as I say in my book and also a song that I wrote called "Graceland Revisited," once I went back to Graceland and could allow myself to mourn the death of Elvis Presley, I also went back and found out that he was a very spiritual man in ways I couldn't appreciate 25 years before.

KING: Very socially liberal.

SHEPHERD: Well, very searching in trying to be a good person and trying to find a way, and I respect that. I feel like now I could be such a good friend of his, and I'm sorry he's not around.

KING: The recording of "In the Ghetto" took guts at the time. Colonel Parker didn't want to do it.

How did the relationship between you and Elvis begin? You never worked together, did you?

SHEPHERD: No, we never worked together. George Klein, who had been the moderator at the Miss Teenage Memphis Pageant, called me up -- he was a friend of Elvis' -- one day, and said Elvis would like to meet you. And I said, OK, but he has to call me, and he has to pick me up. And later on -- actually, I just went to a movie theater to meet him. I said, can I bring my girlfriend, my best girlfriend, and he said sure.

KING: Where'd you go? Memphis?

SHEPHERD: Oh yes, I was in Memphis. See, Elvis never did have a problem with two girls.

KING: No, I heard.

And so what was that first night like?

SHEPHERD: Well, we got there and they wouldn't let us sit down in the theater, and we were, like, really bored standing around the theater, and finally they let us in, and we sat down, and we waited and waited.

KING: You mean, they were holding him on the side, like...

SHEPHERD: Yes, they wouldn't let -- like when you meet the queen of England, they always, like, bring the queen in and then everybody else is allowed to sit there or something, but you're not allowed to go in until the queen arrives. Well, this is sort of like the king, so finally we went in and we sat down and they lowered those lights, and I thought, well, I guess he's a no show, because the movie's going to start because it dark. But instead, everybody in the row to my right got up and moved one seat over. And I saw him coming in. And I couldn't see him, because it was still pretty dark. And I could smell him before I could see him. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what that cologne was. Maybe it just Ode to Elvis.

KING: Did you hit it off right away?

SHEPHERD: Yes. He's a tremendously sexy man, person, wonderful, delightful.

KING: Did you ever think something serious would come of the relationship?

SHEPHERD: Well, the Elvis that I got to know in Memphis was very different than the Elvis that I got to know later, like in Las Vegas. I think that the pressure of performing, as much as he loved it and as brilliant as he was at it, increased his drug use would be my guess. I'll never know for sure. But I felt that...

KING: He was a good friend while he was using?

SHEPHERD: I think he was probably using all the time, but maybe he was using -- I don't know, but my guess would be that performing, he was probably using more. And I just noticed that he was unavailable in a way. And then later on, years, years later, I would read and find out that he had, like, two other women there at the same time. Elvis always had like three or four women.

KING: In the hotel?

SHEPHERD: Oh yes, like on different floors, maybe on the same floor.

KING: You mean, he'd be with you and then be with another one, and that didn't bother...

SHEPHERD: He'd wedged me in between, I think it Linda Thompson and some other...

KING: That didn't bother you when you learned...

SHEPHERD: I didn't -- did it bother me?

KING: You didn't know at the time.

SHEPHERD: It made more sense, I guess, that he was sort of less available. But that -- even though I didn't know then at the time, it could never have worked with Elvis and I, because I saw the drug use in Las Vegas.

KING: I have never heard a bad word about him. In other words, I never heard anyone in show business who said he was a bad guy.

Did you? Have you ever heard bad words about him?

SHEPHERD: Not too much.

KING: I mean, he was pretty much known as a good guy, right?

SHEPHERD: Yes, he was a very sweet person.

KING: Did you love him?

SHEPHERD: Yes, I think I did

source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...06/lkl.00.html
    Last edited by presley31; 06-14-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Not everyone has Cybill's book

I didn't find out what Cybill said by reading her book

it's kinda vulgar what Cybill said but everybody is adult here so here goes.....

Cybill said she went out on a few dates with Elvis then by the third date
    she went up to Elvis bedroom and they begin kissing well one thing led to another and he was kissing her all over her body but he stopped at her bellybutton then she asked why he stopped Elvis told her he had never done that before then Cybill said would you like me to show you?

so Cybill has said that she taught Elvis about oral sex and that he had never done it before he met her.

I don't believe a 37 year old man like Elvis who had been with as many women as he was would've never done that with anyone before.

I think Cybill is just going around saying that for the publicity and to suit her own ego.
    get off your soap box, did i say everyone should have cybills book... if cybill got asked questions about the men in her life then you get a straight answer even if it is crude!
    elvislady

TCB Mafia

get off your soap box, did i say everyone should have cybills book... if cybill got asked questions about the men in her life then you get a straight answer even if it is crude!
    elvislady

I'm not on a soap box

You said you can find what Cybill said in her book which is true
    implying that people should go out and get Cybill's book to find out what she said which is fine if they want to do that.
    I merely replied that not everyone has read her book which is also true
    so i wrote what Cybill said about Elvis for everyone that hasn't read her book or heard her tell her stories.

A thank you would be nice

It is only your opinion that Cybill should share very private details about Elvis publicly other people however may not share that opinion.
    in interviews she's not asked specifically about that incident but she finds a way to work it into the conversation.

I'm not on a soap box

You said you can find what Cybill said in her book which is true
    implying that people should go out and get Cybill's book to find out what she said which is fine if they want to do that.
    I merely replied that not everyone has read her book which is also true
    so i wrote what Cybill said about Elvis for everyone that hasn't read her book or heard her tell her stories.

A thank you would be nice

It is only your opinion that Cybill should share very private details about Elvis publicly other people however may not share that opinion.
    in interviews she's not asked specifically about that incident but she finds a way to work it into the conversation.
    If you look back on this post i agreed with you that what cybill said about elvis in the bedroom was crude, if you knew what she said you should have just put it up. people have the net and can easy copy and paste like jen has done with this interview, which i have read before. if you read my post again i said if people ask her about the men in her life she will tell all, and what am i thanking you for?
    elvislady