Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Thompson...

Linda Thompson...

I was wondering did Elvis break up with Linda or did she break up with him?

Why didn't they get married, what do you think is the reason?

Was Elvis dating Sheila Ryan while he was dating Linda?

What happened to Linda's book? I was hoping to hear more about it, anyone know anything more about this?

franny

TCB Mafia

Re: Linda Thompson...

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I was wondering did Elvis break up with Linda or did she break up with him?

Why didn't they get married, what do you think is the reason?

Was Elvis dating Sheila Ryan while he was dating Linda?

What happened to Linda's book? I was hoping to hear more about it, anyone know anything more about this?

franny
    It was mutual

Elvis had been dating Linda for 4 Years and wanted to move on to someone else as his lifespan with one woman was usually 2-4 years and Linda Thompson wanted him to stop doing drugs, live a healthy lifestyle and live a more normal life she also wanted kids and that wasn't going to happen with Elvis so she moved on.

Yes, Elvis began seeing Sheila Ryan in 1974 while he was still with Linda.

Linda Thompson isn't working on a book and probably never will write one she said she was thinking about writing one that's all but has decided against it apparently.

That's too bad I would've liked to have read a book by her but oh well.

A book by her would offer 'another' slant on Elvis' life
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    A book by her would offer 'another' slant on Elvis' life
    Well i think linda was great for elvis... from what i have read and heard.. she cared a lot about him and has for a book maybe she wants to keep her memories in her heart! great thread franny.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    Well i think linda was great for elvis... from what i have read and heard.. she cared a lot about him and has for a book maybe she wants to keep her memories in her heart! great thread franny.
    elvislady
    I agree, she kept him alive more than once.
    Commendable of her and Ann-Margaret that neither has offered more stories to the mixture

Deb
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

elvislady

A shame it didn't work between them...I liked Linda a lot anyway I can't blame her for living Elvis...I'm sure he got bored again of a steady relationship and started to look for others

TCB Mafia

elvislady
    elvislady,

I started a thread about this very same subject a couple of months back but you never complimented me on that thread but you do franny
    What's up with that.

Linda Thompson's friend Jeanne Lemay said Linda would like to write a book but is very busy.

I would like to know what Linda is so busy with.

Loving elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    elvislady,

I started a thread about this very same subject a couple of months back but you never complimented me on that thread but you do franny
    What's up with that.

Linda Thompson's friend Jeanne Lemay said Linda would like to write a book but is very busy.

l'am pretty sure linda is having a life and not saying she hasn't thought about elvis or writing a book cause maybe that has crossed her mind alot but maybe she is going to keep her memories to herself to look back on after all there has been enough stuff been said about elvis..to be honest it would be nice to see some keep there memories to themselves.

Btw..linda is on facebook..maybe someone might ask her that same question some day and than you will get your answer

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    l'am pretty sure linda is having a life and not saying she hasn't thought about elvis or writing a book cause maybe that has crossed her mind alot but maybe she is going to keep her memories to herself to look back on after all there has been enough stuff been said about elvis..to be honest it would be nice to see some keep there memories to themselves.

Btw..linda is on facebook..maybe someone might ask her that same question some day and than you will get your answer
    I know Linda's on face book but you have to register for it and I don't wanna do that.

Linda Thompson's keeping her memories to herself has little to do with
    I believe Jeanne she's just busy
    If she had more time she'd probably write it

Alanna Nash is writing a new book due in 2010 where she will be interviewing Elvis ex-girlfriends
    I bet Linda will do an interview for the book.

elvislady
    i agree if Elvis should have stayed and married anybody after cilla,it should have been Linda.
    Play it James!

I know Linda's on face book but you have to register for it and I don't wanna do that.

Linda Thompson's keeping her memories to herself has little to do with
    I believe Jeanne she's just busy
    If she had more time she'd probably write it

Alanna Nash is writing a new book due in 2010 where she will be interviewing Elvis ex-girlfriends
    I bet Linda will do an interview for the book.

That could be worth having

Deb

I don't think any of Elvis' women cared and loved him as much as Linda did. What she witnessed and endured makes the others complaints look like a walk in the park by comparison. I think she was great for him but I don't think Elvis was as interested in her at the end as to marry her and she pushed her silently to leave untill she decided to do it herself.
    I'd love to read a book on Elvis written by Linda.

elvislady,

What's up with that.

Did i comment on your thread at all the brian...maybe i was busy and didnt see it. like i said in my early post linda may want to keep her memories in her heart on not in a book that some people are going to go through with a fine tooth comb and call her a liar about something in there anyway!
    elvislady

I agree 100% with you both Donut and elvislady.

Diane

elvislady,

What's up with that.

I also wonder what Linda is so busy with. I know it was mentioned that she wanted to have her book out for Elvis 30th Anniversary, but after that I never hear anything more...I hope she will write a book, one day. It would be interesting to read..

franny

TCB Mafia

Did i comment on your thread at all the brian...maybe i was busy and didnt see it. like i said in my early post linda may want to keep her memories in her heart on not in a book that some people are going to go through with a fine tooth comb and call her a liar about something in there anyway!
    elvislady

Yes you did.

If Linda were to write a book she could still make it interesting and entertaining without revealing things she doesn't want to reveal but I bet that's not even the reason she's not writing one.

I don't think that many people would nitpick her book or call her a liar all of Elvis girlfriends including Linda are well liked by the fans.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I also wonder what Linda is so busy with. I know it was mentioned that she wanted to have her book out for Elvis 30th Anniversary, but after that I never hear anything more...I hope she will write a book, one day. It would be interesting to read..

franny
    I think it's her not wanting to take the time to sit down and write it
    writing a book can take a long time and a lot of effort.

It's strange we haven't heard from her since Elvis week 2006 almost 3 years ago.

Now what I find even more strange is Sheila Ryan's book it was reported in December 2006 that her book was finished and she even came on an entertainment program shown here in the U.S. called the Insider to promote her then upcoming book her book never came out and she's hasn't been heard from in 3 years since she appeared on that program. Strange and kinda spooky.
    I think she couldn't find a publisher but that's strange to me as well since Sheila dated Elvis longer than Barbara Leigh, Susan Henning, Joyce Bova etc. and they all published books about him same with June Juanico but Sheila can't find a publisher who is willing to publish her book???

I am also really surprised Ginger Alden never wrote a book about Elvis just image a book by her promoted as the last person to see Elvis alive probably would've been a big bestseller especially if she came out with a book in the first 5 years after Elvis death.
    There have been rumors in recent years that she's been writing a book but I believe they are false.

Well at least we have Lamar Fike's and Dr.Nick's new books to look forward to
    Last edited by Brian; 06-11-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Yes, I was all excited when I heard a Linda book was due around the 30th anniversary, but still no sign of it.

I appreciate the notion that she wants to keep her memories private, but I suspect that the real reason for her hesitance is because she currently enjoys the benefit of the doubt, and this is largely down to her relative silence. Piping up now would only risk compromising what has been a generally easy ride when compared to almost every other female in Elvisworld.
    Look what happened when she accidentally mentioned the time that Elvis nodded off to sleep in his chicken soup! Suddenly she had a taste of ruffling the fan-base's feathers. Once bitten, twice shy with Linda, I reckon.

For the majority of us, our feelings about Linda are based on the knowledge that she effectively nursed Elvis through a stage in his life which was plagued with health complications and unhappiness. In actual fact, a fully developed account of this period from her perspective, reflecting her feelings about the experience in a substantial way, has yet to surface, leaving us with a 2 dimensional and inadequate impression of one of the most significant characters in the story. Especially when compared to how much we think we know about Priscilla, or even June Juanico, for example.

I love the Alanna Nash books so if Linda is contributing to a forthcoming 'Girlfriends' one along the lines of the MM one then I'll be very excited.

It's a little too easy to like Linda Thompson, but for what it's worth, I do.
    Now I want her to tell me why I should.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Yes you did.

If Linda were to write a book she could still make it interesting and entertaining without revealing things she doesn't want to reveal but I bet that's not even the reason she's not writing one.

I don't think that many people would nitpick her book or call her a liar all of Elvis girlfriends including Linda are well liked by the fans.
    What is it you want to know about elvis from linda? yes she could make it interesting and entertaining but i still stand by the fact that some fans will slate her over one thing and another she says.. your having a moan already because she has not wrote a book! i dont think its strange we have not heard from her for 3 years she was not dating elvis when he died she had her own life to live, like elvis choose another girlfriend to date...ie ginger.

elvislady

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast