Thread: "Elvis" IS Back!!!

"Elvis" IS Back!!!

This is about a baseball player that plays for the Texas Rangers, his name is Elvis Andrus. The way it looks as of today this kid will probably win "Rookie of the Year" in Major League Baseball, he has certainly stirred up a frenzy with all of the baseball fans. He is ONLY 20 years old!
    The only negative aspect about this "Elvis" is that now at all of the baseball games the camera shows all of the baseball fans that come to the game dressed as Elvis. And, as you probably suspect.....the men that are dressed as Elvis weigh about 300 lbs, have the sunglasses and fake sideburns and a cheap copy of a jumpsuit!

Elvis Augusto Andrus (born August 26, 1988, in Maracay, Venezuela) is a shortstop for the Texas Rangers. Listed at 6' 0", 185 lb., he bats and throws right-handed. Entering 2007, he was rated by Baseball America as the No. 2 prospect in the Atlanta Braves organization.

Baseball career

Andrus was signed in 2005 at age 16 to a six-figure contract. He started the year with the Orlando Braves of the Gulf Coast League, and was promoted to Danville late in the season. He spent 2006 with Class-A Rome, being named to the South Atlantic League All-Star team.

In 2007 Andrus joined the Myrtle Beach Pelicans of the Carolina League. During the midseason he was selected to the All-Star Futures Game; he was selected again for the Futures Game in 2008.

On July 31, 2007, Andrus, along with Jarrod Saltalamacchia and three other minor league pitchers (Matt Harrison, Neftali Feliz and Beau Jones), was traded from the Braves to the Rangers for Mark Teixeira and Ron Mahay.

Andrus' older brother Erold Andrus plays in the Tampa Bay Rays organization.

With Rangers shortstop Michael Young agreeing to move to third base in 2009, Andrus earned the starting job on Opening Day. As Andrus is only 20 years old, Texas signed veteran shortstop Omar Vizquel for insurance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300px-Elvis_Andrus_2009.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	31717

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Re: "Elvis" IS Back!!!

Great story. Sounds like he has a great future ahead of him! Now those guys who dress in that Elvis stuff, just drives me crazy!!!

I can't stand them. Maybe they think dressed like Elvis they draw the attention away from their own ridiculous real self.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    And, as you probably suspect.....the men that are dressed as Elvis weigh about 300 lbs, have the sunglasses and fake sideburns and a cheap copy of a jumpsuit!
    Funnily enough, I've always felt that the thing which makes many Elvis impersonators so troubling is often the quality of their jumpsuits.
    I'm not kidding. There's something about the design of a jumpsuit which only works if it is manifest with the same standard of materials and craftsmanship which Elvis demanded. Anything less just makes a jumpsuit look absurd.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.

Pasted on sideburns, large heavy glasses, cheap horrid fitting jumpsuits on heavy men-is a travesty of what Elvis was.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Funnily enough, I've always felt that the thing which makes many Elvis impersonators so troubling is often the quality of their jumpsuits.
    I'm not kidding. There's something about the design of a jumpsuit which only works if it is manifest with the same standard of materials and craftsmanship which Elvis demanded. Anything less just makes a jumpsuit look absurd.
    Yeh, I totally agree with you. When we were in Memphis in March the first thing we saw as we walked into the lobby of the HH was a young guy in an AFH jumpsuit. I'm guessing that rhinestones and all it didn't cost 10.00$. It was disgusting!

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I agree Teddy, I swear some of those suits are made of tissue paper. Do not forget that horrid black wig.