Thread: Big midnight walk!

Big midnight walk!

I am doing The big midnight walk on the 6 june 09, its for the Rowcroft Hospice and Macmillan Cancer Support will make such a difference to people. its a 13 mile sponsored walk along the stunning South Devon coastal route. i have been doing some training for it, i know its only walking but people dont realise that it takes a lot out of you if you just jump in feet first...lol i dont drive but i do ride my bike so i got a head start already, lol there are going to be 2000 ladies doing the walk and we hope to raise more than last year which was 190,000! my group of 500 start our walk at 10.30 pm will be a great night i am sure! we had a training night on the 21st may 09 in torquay it was a fun night. my sig pic shows me and my firend with our midnight tee shirts on for charity!
    jeanette

SleepyJack

Re: Big midnight walk!

Thirteen miles!!..... I`d probably make it on the bicycle, think I would just be wasting the ambulance people`s time if I tried it on foot!!
    Good luck with this.... and give yourself a big pat on the back from me.You are my new hero for the week!

awesome thingy ur doing there.4 a good cause..your #1 ur my books ...4 u..and a huge4 u
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Thank you so much to you both for your great comments, i will keep you posted on this!
    jeanette

Hiya guys, just to let you know my absence on the forum over the last week or so, has you know i was doing the midnight walk on sat the 6th june but on the monday 1st june i got up with really bad palpatations which ok nothing to worry me but they didnt go away so was took to hospital and had a heart monitor put on for 24 hrs... by tue i was addmited to the ccu and wired up to all sorts... the outcome is i had a lot of teats done and my heart its self is good its my electrodes in my heart gone haywire and i got something called ventricular tachyardia which can be fatal.. i was really upset i couldnt do the walk and thanked my looky stars that this happend on the monday, its funny how things happen. i am on tablets at the moment and got to rest and go back to hospital in a mth.but thanks for your support.
    jeanette

As they say it's the thought that counts. I'm just thankful you found out about your problem before you set out on this walk and that you'll be ok.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    As they say it's the thought that counts. I'm just thankful you found out about your problem before you set out on this walk and that you'll be ok.

Diane
    Thank you so much for your concern diane hopefuly be back to my old self soon...lol
    jeanette

Hi Jeanette, I hope you're doing okay and taking it easy...it is good that you found out before the walk....Take care!

franny

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    Hi Jeanette, I hope you're doing okay and taking it easy...it is good that you found out before the walk....Take care!

franny
    Thank you so much franny! love the wed pic....
    jeanette

SleepyJack

Sounds like you`ve had a really close call here, you must be really disappointed about the walk/run.... still though, glad to hear that you are okay.... maybe you`d better stick to the less ambitious types of charity work from now on! Hope it hasn`t given you too much of a scare. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    Sounds like you`ve had a really close call here, you must be really disappointed about the walk/run.... still though, glad to hear that you are okay.... maybe you`d better stick to the less ambitious types of charity work from now on! Hope it hasn`t given you too much of a scare. Take care.
    Thank you sleepyjack i will do it next year...lol
    elvislady