Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graceland

Graceland

I read Elvis liked the living room that way!Itís debatable whether or not it was Elvisí girlfriend Linda Thompson or Elvis himself that chose the red and gold look for the house Ė but it is said that when Jack Soden visited Graceland in 1981, Aunt Delta told him that "Elvis didnít really like all this red when it was put in. He started using the back stairs so he would not have to look at it. Itís a shame that we cant use all that nice blue and white stuff that was put in storage. Thatís what Elvis really liked and always used".
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

Re: Graceland

On a related note, right now Trisha Yearwood is hosting an edition of CMT Cribs featuring Graceland. Turn it on!
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    I read Elvis liked the living room that way!Itís debatable whether or not it was Elvisí girlfriend Linda Thompson or Elvis himself that chose the red and gold look for the house Ė but it is said that when Jack Soden visited Graceland in 1981, Aunt Delta told him that "Elvis didnít really like all this red when it was put in. He started using the back stairs so he would not have to look at it. Itís a shame that we cant use all that nice blue and white stuff that was put in storage. Thatís what Elvis really liked and always used".
    David:

Thanks for that piece of info. I never knew that.
    TCB,
    See See Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    On a related note, right now Trisha Yearwood is hosting an edition of CMT Cribs featuring Graceland. Turn it on!
    yea Lonnie saw that Graceland tour with trisha. It was great!
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

I always though that it was Priscilla that changed the way Graceland looked to fit in with the time period that She and Elvis lived together?

MissyM

Well dear, what does anyone expect Soden to say? And this coming from Aunt Delta?? Alrighty then. Not to say anything about her, but even if it did come from her...ahhh, you have to consider the women's mind at that time. The bottom line is that the blue fit Priscilla's sense of style and taste. She would have thought the red and gold vulgar and something to be ashamed of. She was also highly jealous of Linda and Elvis's relationship. Why would she not change it to suit her fancy?? She puts her relationship and time with Elvis as the most important in the grand picture. And let's face it, it probably was in a certain way. At times she lives as if they never divorced. Is the result of all of that shocking. Not one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Well dear, what does anyone expect Soden to say? And this coming from Aunt Delta?? Alrighty then. Not to say anything about her, but even if it did come from her...ahhh, you have to consider the women's mind at that time. The bottom line is that the blue fit Priscilla's sense of style and taste. She would have thought the red and gold vulgar and something to be ashamed of. She was also highly jealous of Linda and Elvis's relationship. Why would she not change it to suit her fancy?? She puts her relationship and time with Elvis as the most important in the grand picture. And let's face it, it probably was in a certain way. At times she lives as if they never divorced. Is the result of all of that shocking. Not one bit.

Bingo! I agree, Missy!

Cadillac King

I really think if Elvis didn't like it, he would have had no problem changing it. He might have let it stay awhile to please Linda, but he would have changed it if he didn't like it.

MissyM

I'm not sure I get the point Critter, not trying to be rude.

I really like the red look
    Son if you ever say another derogatory word about Elvis Aaron Presley I WILL KICK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU!~

Cadillac King

Sorry Missy M. I mean I just don't see Elvis keeping furniture he didn't like. Especially to the point of using the back stairs to avoid it.

That is what bothered me about Pris changing Graceland back to how it was when she was there she had no right!!!!!
    Son if you ever say another derogatory word about Elvis Aaron Presley I WILL KICK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU!~

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    That is what bothered me about Pris changing Graceland back to how it was when she was there she had no right!!!!!
    Just to play "devil's advocate" here for a second....who did have the right to choose which color scheme to use? Lisa was too young at the time...should Jack Soden have done it?

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Just to play "devil's advocate" here for a second....who did have the right to choose which color scheme to use? Lisa was too young at the time...should Jack Soden have done it?
    I think Distratten fan means it should've been left alone

You always hear Graceland is exactly like it was when Elvis lived there
    that everything is untouched.

Well they could've actually lived up to that by not changing the color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Thank u Brian that was what I ment!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

couldnt agree more.

Coming On Strong

I ALSO LOVED THE RED LOOK

Thank you for the information very interestig

To me it always seemed like Priscilla was changing GRACELAND in a way of "This Is How Elvis Would Have Lived If He Had A Better Taste". I think GRACELAND should be presented in the way it looked when Elvis died. That's how he lived, no matter if he liked the style or not. If I visit a museum I'd like to see how it really was and not how it should have been.

MissyM

Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    Sorry Missy M. I mean I just don't see Elvis keeping furniture he didn't like. Especially to the point of using the back stairs to avoid it.

Thanks for the clarification!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast