Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Elvis 1977, FBI and trial against mafia

Re: Elvis 1977, FBI and trial against mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I can't tell if Ken is questioning Genie or Getlo because the posts are doing those things again where someone says something and it comes out that someone that quoted them is credited with saying what they actually said.
    That's because some can't use the "quote" function correctly.

-----

Another point: how on earth would the FBI have been able to hide Elvis Presley - arguably the most famous face on the planet - in witness protection?!

It is laughable.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    That's because some can't use the "quote" function correctly.

-----

Another point: how on earth would the FBI have been able to hide Elvis Presley - arguably the most famous face on the planet - in witness protection?!

It is laughable.
    Absolutely-I can not even imagine how you would hide one of the most photographed faces to ever walk the planet. It would be impossible-especially someone who adored the limelight and was so use to being in and around crowds of people. Elvis himself would eventually have gone stir crazy if forced to hide and keep a low profile-this was not Elvis
    Work in Progress!

Really? And where did I say anyone was a liar? I said the story of Elvis being involved in a trial about the mafia was complete BS. And it is.
    Agreed.

What? And just where did I bring up Elvis being alive? That, in fact, is a subject I try to avoid unless someone suggests it could be possible.
    You didn't and have never suggested that Elvis is alive. We all know he's gone. There are just some people out there who refuse to believe the hard/cold facts of reality.

Welcome back, btw.
    You are/were reading my mind here, Getlo.

My point is that the FBI witness protection story is plain nuts.

What did Elvis know? (and when did he know it?);
    Who aproached him about going into hiding?;
    How would the FBI have hidden Elvis Presley - the most famous person in the world!- and where would he have been hidden?

Had Elvis himself been approached for this, he would have mentioned it. In fact, he would have dined out on it! He loved cloak and dagger stuff.

Witness protection over a plane deal gone wrong?

I think not.

The theory does not stack up to basic scrutiny.
    BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Getlo, you are looking for a problem... in the topic someone (probably you) did suggest he may be alive..or not?
    I live with a great deal of reality, and one of those are that you like to mess with posts so that others are always on guard. Wondering what they did wrong. Is it impossible for you to behave or be nice?
    My only problem is so-called fans spreading unmitigated crap like this.

Not. As I have said before, anyone who believes Elvis is alive or faked his death in 1977 is a mental defective.

I see. So questioning the validity and veracity of posts is "messing" with them? Wake up.

This tale of witness protection is errant nonsense. It simply does not stand up to any serious scrutiny. None whatsoever.

You've regurgitated this rubbish - a silly story that has been doing the rounds for many years - without any reasonable proof. As KPM said, it is all pure speculation. And fantastic speculation at that.

When confronted by fantasies that give Wanda June Hill a good run for her money ... no.

Agreed 100% again!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    What did he know and about whom
    I am sorry this is ridiculous-Elvis was asked to be put in a witness protection program -and you know this for sure? You know it how-from any real evidence other than wild speculation. Mountain from a molehill I say it again.
    100 people can be scammed or taken-but include Elvis' namd in the mix-and suddenly their is a sinister angle involved-the mafia are out to kill Elvis and he is asked (or the implication is he goes) into a witness protection program.
    James Bond type stuff. I'm sorry all the self published books in the world do not make it true.

It's not true. It's pure fantasy.

Cadillac King

Let me say this:
    I know one of the Presley attorneys & we've discussed this plane scam before.He was there; he testified . Eventually there were several that went to prison because of it.
    To try & blow this off as BS or bring up any Elvis conspiracy stories just
    shows some have a closed mind. There are many lies published in books as "truth" that Elvis fans buy into. Until you know & talk to the ones involved your knowledge is just as wrong & warpred as any consparacy theory.
    The point of this thread had to do with the airplane scam. It happened !

It's only a few doing all the complaining that brought up anything about Elvis still being alive. Which automatically shuts people up.
    Until you know as much as you think you do, better to remain quiet than prove ones ignorance.

Patrick Lacy is re-examining some things himself.
    I've also seen several on here that are well into the Conspiracy sites, but notice they sing a different tune on here .

Bottom line; any question should be allowed without the fear of being ganged up on & jumped just for asking their question.
    Or, as some do. Adding to it until it doesn't even resemble the original question.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinestone View Post
    Elvis had been conned out of an airplane by a man named Frederick Pro, who was part of an organization known as the Fraternity, worldwide racketeers who had already bilked millions from people. Some members of the Fraternity had strong ties with mafia bosses. The FBI had been carrying out an undercover operation against them. The FBI files, Part 7, page 70, http://foia.fbi.gov/elvis/elvis7.pdf, the Memphis field office says that the Presley case was to presented to the Federal Grand Jury "on or about August 15." It does not say Elvis was to testify. It's anyone's guess what Elvis' participation was/would have been in this case. It's tedious reading (many passages are blacked out) but it will you an understanding of the players and Vernon's, Beecher Smith's, and Elvis' actions in this case.

Page 91, http://foia.fbi.gov/elvis/elvis7.pdf, and on gives a good picture of what went on.
    Your understanding of this case is true.
    Thank you for pointing out the truth to the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    shows some have a closed mind. ....
    it's an interesting thing - how people interpret open and closed minds.

Person A says Person B is open minded if they accept or are willing to concede merit to Person A's claims - and close minded if Person B dismisses it.

but open and closed minded isn't actually about a willingness to accept the claim's premise.

it's about a willingness to consider the evidence for the claim.

So, if Person A makes a claim for which there's no evidence, no logic or consistency with other known facts - then rejecting that claim is not being closed minded - it's actually a rapid assessment of the merits (none), the evidence (none) and the logic/probability (none) and reaching a conclusion - so highly improbably as to be stamped with "didn't happen"

however, all conclusions are subject to review if new or actual evidence is provided.

If you insist that open minded means allowing a possibility and probability to any claim - then it's impossible to have any critical thinking because you can't dismiss any claim - not Big Foot, Loch Ness, UFO abductions, vampires, ghosts, and Elvis is alive and in hiding, but sending out clues to special fans who will prepare the masses for his eventual return.

when really, for the last one, the higher probability is people who are exploiting the grief and wishful thinking of the gullible for monetary gain.

This is why there's a dozen or more people out there claiming to be Elvis children (or half sibling), but not actually moving their case in court or providing any evidence.

it's more lucrative to string the public along and you can make whatever claims you want - the court of public opinion is far more lax on evidence standards than court.

Cadillac King

Quote Originally Posted by monk37 View Post
    it's an interesting thing - how people interpret open and closed minds.

it's more lucrative to string the public along and you can make whatever claims you want - the court of public opinion is far more lax on evidence standards than court.
    Unfortunately, you're right.
    However, most things are old facts. One only has to be willing to look at the proof to see what's real & what isn't.
    Not much is unknown about Elvis; especially when you have court documents. The inner Elvis very few of the ones now living even knew him. Especially authors of the many books that's passed along as gospel.I don't ascribe to a living Elvis nor to other children. There are plenty of court cases to the latter that's been proved to be untrue.
    Perhaps he deserves a rest & just enjoy all he gave us.

Let me say this:
    I know one of the Presley attorneys & we've discussed this plane scam before.He was there; he testified . Eventually there were several that went to prison because of it.
    shows some have a closed mind. There are many lies published in books as "truth" that Elvis fans buy into. Until you know & talk to the ones involved your knowledge is just as wrong & warpred as any consparacy theory.
    The point of this thread had to do with the airplane scam. It happened !

It's only a few doing all the complaining that brought up anything about Elvis still being alive. Which automatically shuts people up.
    Until you know as much as you think you do, better to remain quiet than prove ones ignorance.

Patrick Lacy is re-examining some things himself.
    I've also seen several on here that are well into the Conspiracy sites, but notice they sing a different tune on here .

Bottom line; any question should be allowed without the fear of being ganged up on & jumped just for asking their question. Or, as some do. Adding to it until it doesn't even resemble the original question.
    IMO any question asked is given fair treatment-but that does not mean that people will not state their facts, concerns or ideas about the question....pro and con.
    I think the part of this thread which bothered me was the "implication" of some foul play (mob hit, etc) concerning his death-or that "he was hidden away in the witness protection program" because he was somehow vital to the case.............
    That implication-just from the asking of the question-came immediatly to my mind-because we have heard this theory before.
    The idea that he was scammed in the plane deal was proven-its the implications of other things "unproven" which brought contention.
    (Unproven things which many have made a cottage industry out of)
    Heres a book which took 10 years of research which addresses many theorys about Elvis's life and death"
    "Elvis Decoded"
    In Patrick Lacy's recent release, Elvis Decoded, which debunks many of the conspiracy stories which have blossomed around the Elvis name since his death in 1977, Lacy expresses strong criticism of the Grob tome.

Lacy dissects many of Grob's claims and concludes that they are not believable, logically flawed, and based on unprofessional, sloppy and biased investigative work. This is strong condemnation indeed......http://www.elvisdecoded.com/
    Work in Progress!

Cadillac King

IMO any question asked is given fair treatment-but that does not mean that people will not state their facts, concerns or ideas about the question....pro and con.
    I think the part of this thread which bothered me was the "implication" of some foul play (mob hit, etc) concerning his death-or that "he was hidden away in the witness protection program" because he was somehow vital to the case.............
    That implication-just from the asking of the question-came immediatly to my mind-because we have heard this theory before.
    The idea that he was scammed in the plane deal was proven-its the implications of other things "unproven" which brought contention.
    (Unproven things which many have made a cottage industry out of)
    Heres a book which took 10 years of research which addresses many theorys about Elvis's life and death"
    "Elvis Decoded"
    In Patrick Lacy's recent release, Elvis Decoded, which debunks many of the conspiracy stories which have blossomed around the Elvis name since his death in 1977, Lacy expresses strong criticism of the Grob tome.

Lacy dissects many of Grob's claims and concludes that they are not believable, logically flawed, and based on unprofessional, sloppy and biased investigative work. This is strong condemnation indeed......http://www.elvisdecoded.com/
    I understand. Just would like to see people talk sensibly without jumping to conclusions & second guessing what the question meant to ask. There's a yes, no and the best; I'll show you, you decide.

Patricks book was published 3 years ago. He's working on some other things. From what I got from his book; he too gave his opinions on many things. I couldn't see that he accomplished more than several others. Of course, he wasn't there either.Nor did he ever work as an investigator in any police work. He did well for what it was. It might be that any of us could write a book about Elvis as many have looked at his life longer than 10years.

I understand. Just would like to see people talk sensibly without jumping to conclusions & second guessing what the question meant to ask. There's a yes, no and the best; I'll show you, you decide.

Patricks book was published 3 years ago. He's working on some other things. From what I got from his book; he too gave his opinions on many things. I couldn't see that he accomplished more than several others. Of course, he wasn't there either.Nor did he ever work as an investigator in any police work. He did well for what it was. It might be that any of us could write a book about Elvis as many have looked at his life longer than 10years.
    Thats true-but he also systematically tore holes in the items of theory which somehow had taken on the air of fact over the telling and retelling.
    Whether Lacy worked as a investigator is really not the point-any author who is researching something for a book is not a real investigator by definition...... but they are doing much of the same legwork a real investigator does.
    The Presley Commission for example was a group which were promoting a group of theories and needed the air of legitimacy thus the "Commission"-which helped them sell books.

How many times since Elvis died-all the way back to the mystery singer on the Jerry Lee Lewis duet single "Save the Last Dance for Me" has someone taken a theory about something related to Elvis-and made money from it???
    Only to find out years later-that it was totally bogus! Quite a few-and they do muddy the water for new claims. Its human nature to question what just does not seem-on the up and up.
    If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck-its hard to not see............
    Work in Progress!

Cadillac King

Thats true-but he also systematically tore holes in the items of theory which somehow had taken on the air of fact over the telling and retelling.
    Whether Lacy worked as a investigator is really not the point-any author who is researching something for a book is not a real investigator by definition...... but they are doing much of the same legwork a real investigator does.
    The Presley Commission for example was a group which were promoting a group of theories and needed the air of legitimacy thus the "Commission"-which helped them sell books.
    How many times since Elvis died-all the way back to the mystery singer on the Jerry Lee Lewis duet single "Save the Last Dance for Me" has someone taken a theory about something related to Elvis-and made money from it???Only to find out years later-that it was totally bogus! Quite a few-and they do muddy the water for new claims. Its human nature to question what just does not seem-on the up and up.If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck-its hard to not see............
    Never was aware the "Commission" wrote or sold any books.
    That was some woman.

Many have made money off of Elvis & still do.
    I don't like that.

It is human nature to question. To me, every question should be answered. I never get upset with questions. Only positive answers, when there aren't any sometimes. IF anyone finds a book that Elvis himself wrote,then I might consider the answers. Everything else is just someones opinion. The authors do borrow from each other too, instead of looking for themselves. Many things were not on the up & up in Memphis. I don't expect to ever know everything . I just like his music.

Never was aware the "Commission" wrote or sold any books.
    That was some woman.

I don't like that.

[I] IF anyone finds a book that Elvis himself wrote,then I might consider the answers. Everything else is just someones opinion. The authors do borrow from each other too, instead of looking for themselves. Many things were not on the up & up in Memphis. I don't expect to ever know everything . I just like his music.
    Good point.

pure fantasy...flush this theory down the
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

Never was aware the "Commission" wrote or sold any books. That was some woman.

I don't like that.

It is human nature to question. To me, every question should be answered. I never get upset with questions. Only positive answers, when there aren't any sometimes. IF anyone finds a book that Elvis himself wrote,then I might consider the answers. Everything else is just someones opinion. The authors do borrow from each other too, instead of looking for themselves. Many things were not on the up & up in Memphis. I don't expect to ever know everything . I just like his music.
    One of the several people in the Commission was Gail Brewer Giorgio who did make quite a bit off of the "Is Elvis Alive" series of books and tapes.
    The others were I believe involved in books of their own or publishing books like the Giorgio book so the "Commission" did not as a group write books together and sell them-but each had a stake in the ideas of Elvis being alive, faking his death, going undercover etc....

I agree with your idea that if Elvis wrote a book he would have his own story to tell-and have for years here said this-but I have also applied the same human nature principles to Elvis.....that I apply to all authors of Elvis books.....that being that people tend to slant their own versions of truth in a way which sheds the most good light upon themselves and the darkest portions of their own being are not really given full exposure.

You are also correct that many things are just someones opinion-but many times those opinions are well informed-if you spend years with someone, even though you can not see into someones mind for motivation or reason,-you see the outer actions first hand and see the consequences of those actions upon others.
    If enought people tell the same general story about a situation-the basic content shows thru...........even when details may differ from each particular telling.
    I have read many books on the Nixon years and on Nixon-from people who were close to his presidency and life-I can tell you the story of interaction between Nixon and those close is very similar-although the details and particulars are not.
    You can see who Nixon is by reading and comparing these books- his personality and mentality come thru in all books I have read-yet all have a little different take on the particulars.
    Nixons books on himself and his presidency also seem to put his good foot forward and try to justify actions which seem unjustifible when viewed against known history and all the other books from people in the midst of his presidency.
    Same IMO with Elvis-I truely think you can see who Elvis was by reading the books about him-the good and the bad. Nothing wrong in that we all have good and bad-and he was a human being like all here.
    Their are the good positive books which emphasis the good, kindness and the greatness of Elvis and downplay the bad and visa versa.
    Elvis was complex, and contradictory IMO and thats hard to pin down.
    Work in Progress!

Total crap.

Absolute rubbish.

Complete BS.

Does that answer your question?
    No, its actually true. The most unwritten story ever...

...I don't ascribe to a[I] living Elvis nor to other children. [..
    I agree

if there had been any other kids - it's not at all reasonable that the woman would have hidden the child (even from Elvis) to protect Elvis' reputation or accepted a payoff.

the one who tried to claim she'd had his son - Peter Parker - was proven to be a fraud.

and if anyone had a reasonable suspicion that they were an Elvis offspring - they are long since out of time to proceed in court to prove it

you only have about 2 years from the discovery to move forward

it's what happened to Jett Williams - she waited too long to make a claim on the Hank Williams Sr estate - even though it's clear she is his daughter - she simply waited too long and she lost.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234