Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cover Songs

  1. #1
    International Level spanish eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    563

    Cover Songs

    As you know Elvis recorded lots of songs that were sung by other people and made them his own, so those songs ended up sounding like they were his to begin with. Usually I'll say hand on my heart that I always prefer Elvis' version, but I heard this version of Hurt sung by Roy Hamilton and I can listen to it over and over again. I'm not saying its better than Elvis' version but for this track I like to listen to both Elvis' and Roy's version. IMO he sings it in his own way and to me it sounds so beautiful, so I just wanted to share it with you all.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-BO2uMA620"]YouTube - Hurt - Roy Hamilton[/ame]
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

    LIF

  2. #2
    Cadillac King desiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    273

    Re: Cover Songs

    Thank you, GF for sharing it I loved it! I'm sorry Elvis, but I liked his version better and I'm not saying I don't like Elvis' version, but to me it sounded better
    I want to share one of my favourite song by Roy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQze9nTh-qo"]YouTube - You'll Never Walk Alone By Roy Hamilton[/ame]


    "You can knock me down, step in my face,
    slander my name all over the place"
    - But don't YOU step on my blue suede shoes -


    desiree

    *You walk past me- I can feel your pain-Time changes everything -One truth always stays the same - You're still you - After all - You're still you *

  3. #3
    International Level spanish eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cover Songs

    Quote Originally Posted by desiree View Post
    Thank you, GF for sharing it I loved it! I'm sorry Elvis, but I liked his version better and I'm not saying I don't like Elvis' version, but to me it sounded better
    I want to share one of my favourite song by Roy
    YouTube - You'll Never Walk Alone By Roy Hamilton
    Ty GF and thanks for sharing your fave Roy song
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

    LIF

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: Cover Songs

    I never heard this version or this singer before...I have to say it's nice, but I still really like Elvis' version more! Thanks, for sharing spanish eyes. It was nice to listen, too.

    franny

  5. #5
    International Level spanish eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    563

    Re: Cover Songs

    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    I never heard this version or this singer before...I have to say it's nice, but I still really like Elvis' version more! Thanks, for sharing spanish eyes. It was nice to listen, too.

    franny
    Yw Franny, I've glad you enjoyed listening to it
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

    LIF

  6. #6
    International Level LtCarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    519

    Re: Cover Songs

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y5SPFDMQ_I"]YouTube - Original version of HOUND DOG by Big Mama Thornton[/ame]

  7. #7
    International Level cbg84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    505

    Re: Cover Songs

    have to say I like Elvis' verison of Hound Dog better.

  8. #8
    International Level LtCarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    519

    Re: Cover Songs

    Quote Originally Posted by cbg84 View Post
    have to say I like Elvis' verison of Hound Dog better.
    It's like comparing apples to oranges.

    Big Mama Thornton's version is a blues song while Elvis' version was early Rock n' Roll.

    Personally, I'm not a big fan of that song whether it was sung by Elvis or Big Mama Thornton.

  9. #9
    Cadillac King javierTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    345

    Re: Cover Songs

    Quote Originally Posted by spanish eyes View Post
    As you know Elvis recorded lots of songs that were sung by other people and made them his own, so those songs ended up sounding like they were his to begin with. Usually I'll say hand on my heart that I always prefer Elvis' version, but I heard this version of Hurt sung by Roy Hamilton and I can listen to it over and over again. I'm not saying its better than Elvis' version but for this track I like to listen to both Elvis' and Roy's version. IMO he sings it in his own way and to me it sounds so beautiful, so I just wanted to share it with you all.

    YouTube - Hurt - Roy Hamilton
    WOW....great version Itīs different but very, very good!

    "I am now a central part
    Of your mindīs landscape
    Wheter you care or do not
    Yeah, Iīve made up your mind"

  10. #10
    International Level rickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    891

    Re: Cover Songs

    Maybe it's bias but I like Elvis' more dynamic version of Hurt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •