Thread: Is this true ??

International Level moody-blues67's Avatar

Is this true ??

Elvis recorded The Rambo's classic, "If That Isn't Love" on his album "Good Times" and just prior to his untimely death he had signed a contract to record a tribute of his 12 favorite Dottie Rambo songs.

www.gottahaverockandroll.com
    Last edited by moody-blues67; 03-17-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Re: Is this true ??

Quote Originally Posted by moody-blues67 View Post
    Elvis recorded The Rambo's classic, "If That Isn't Love" on his album "Good Times" and just prior to his untimely death he had signed a contract to record a tribute of his 12 favorite Dottie Rambo songs.

www.gottahaverockandroll.com
    Never heard or read this anywhere-who would he have signed a contract with? He has a contract with RCA and he could record what he wanted-was the contract supposedly with Rambo herself?
    Work in Progress!

Dont know !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuCP...om=PL&index=12

Pain doesnīt hurt when itīs all you ever feelt !!!

If I remember correctly, this was found to be a rumor. Elvis was signed with RCA at the time of his death so...there's no way that he would've been able to do something like this.

Thank you Tony for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by moody-blues67 View Post
    Thank you Tony for clearing that up.

Well, I dunno if my answer 'clears it up'...I read somewhere that it's supposedly a rumor but I can't remember where I read it...I've never seen any factual information to back up the claim.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Well, I dunno if my answer 'clears it up'...I read somewhere that it's supposedly a rumor but I can't remember where I read it...I've never seen any factual information to back up the claim.
    I remember reading this story on the FECC forum right after Dottie Rambo died

well i don't think its true never heard anythin bout it but if you all say it was a rumour then i'll beleive you

Not true at all.

And I wouldn't call If That Isn't Love a classic by any means.
    Last edited by Getlo; 03-20-2009 at 02:08 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

rue de la bac

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Not rrue at all.

Rue is French, but.. Don't you like religious songs?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

well i found this infomation!
    maybe it will help out.
    is up for action blue jumpsuit and cape with gold lining at Madison Square Garden on June 10, 1972

Elvis Presley performed in this blue jumpsuit and cape with gold lining at Madison Square Garden on June 10, 1972. The June, 1972 performances at the Garden were the only times that Elvis performed at the famed venue. Elvis also wears the jumpsuit and cape on the cover of his album, “Elvis An Afternoon in the Garden,” the live recording of the performance. The jumpsuit was given to his long-time friend Dottie Rambo of the family group "The Rambo's". He gave the jumpsuit to Dottie as a birthday present, late February, 1973, in Las Vegas, saying "I never do this, but I want to give you this one because it means so much to me; I wore it at Madison Square Garden." Elvis recorded The Rambo's classic, "If That Isn't Love" on his album "Good Times" and just prior to his untimely death he had signed a contract to record a tribute of his 12 favorite Dottie Rambo songs. Comes with signed and notarized letter from Reba Rambo McGuire, Dottie's daughter, and a 10 x 8 black and white photograph of Dottie and Elvis. Excellent condition. Estimate: $150,000 - $200,000.

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/...spx?lotid=2295

there must be some truth to it in some way probably!
    Last edited by Elvis Girl; 03-19-2009 at 12:33 PM.

" I Just LOVE MY ELVIS !"

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

Getlo,

Maybe I wouldn't consider Elvis's version of "If That Isn't Love" a classic but...in the Gospel music world, it is considered a classic/legendary song.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Girl View Post
    well i found this infomation!
    maybe it will help out.
    is up for action blue jumpsuit and cape with gold lining at Madison Square Garden on June 10, 1972

Elvis Presley performed in this blue jumpsuit and cape with gold lining at Madison Square Garden on June 10, 1972. The June, 1972 performances at the Garden were the only times that Elvis performed at the famed venue. Elvis also wears the jumpsuit and cape on the cover of his album, “Elvis An Afternoon in the Garden,” the live recording of the performance. The jumpsuit was given to his long-time friend Dottie Rambo of the family group "The Rambo's". He gave the jumpsuit to Dottie as a birthday present, late February, 1973, in Las Vegas, saying "I never do this, but I want to give you this one because it means so much to me; I wore it at Madison Square Garden." Elvis recorded The Rambo's classic, "If That Isn't Love" on his album "Good Times" and just prior to his untimely death he had signed a contract to record a tribute of his 12 favorite Dottie Rambo songs. Comes with signed and notarized letter from Reba Rambo McGuire, Dottie's daughter, and a 10 x 8 black and white photograph of Dottie and Elvis. Excellent condition. Estimate: $150,000 - $200,000.

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/...spx?lotid=2295

there must be some truth to it in some way probably!

To my knowledge, there have been no facts or evidence presented to back up this claim of Elvis signing with another record label to record these supposed songs..
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 03-19-2009 at 03:08 PM.