Thread: Splicing Elvis music.

International Level

Splicing Elvis music.

You know i can take an Elvis song that has been splice with diffrent takes
    to make a great record.

but to splice a song to make it shroter or to make it longer i never did like.

let's take "I'll Remember You" on the spinout lp they splice this song short
    for it's release for the album.

and "Blue River" they splice this song to make it longer for the "Doulbe trouble"
    album.

same gose for "Suspicious Minds" Splice this very nice song very longer and with two fad out's at the end of this song's, at the time i thought it was net,

but now i think it wasn't right for them to do this. ( falton said way he done
    this so he can get that concert feel,) only way you can get the concert feel
    is to release this song live, and he did in that 69 live album, now that make's a lot's of since.

Right guy's

but that's imo though.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis simpkins
    You know i can take an Elvis song that has been splice with diffrent takes
    to make a great record.

but to splice a song to make it shroter or to make it longer i never did like.

let's take "I'll Remember You" on the spinout lp they splice this song short
    for it's release for the album.

and "Blue River" they splice this song to make it longer for the "Doulbe trouble"
    album.

same gose for "Suspicious Minds" Splice this very nice song very longer and with two fad out's at the end of this song's, at the time i thought it was net,

but now i think it wasn't right for them to do this. ( falton said way he done
    this so he can get that concert feel,) only way you can get the concert feel
    is to release this song live, and he did in that 69 live album, now that make's a lot's of since.

Right guy's

but that's imo though.
    Suspicious Minds is still one of my favorites, but the way they did it on the release with that fade out, doesn't really make me happy.
    I rather like the unfaded master, I think the fade out really hurts the song.

Backstage Pass
    i guess we all can't sleep . i was never a fan of splicing /editing. i like to hear the whole thing as it was originally done in the studio. let's get some sleep , i have work in two more hours. sleep tight... simmerrocks

Cool

The double fade on Suspicious Minds is great!!! I was so disappointed when I heard the version on "The Memphis Record" without the double fade. It's just not the same. It should be left as the hit version with the double fade!!!