Thread: Graceland Unveils 2009 Tourism Ad Campaign

Graceland Unveils 2009 Tourism Ad Campaign

Graceland Unveils 2009 Tourism Ad Campaign: EPE unveiled a new advertising campaign for the 2009 tourism season that will highlight Elvis' Graceland mansion, a National Historic Landmark, as a high-energy and family-friendly music-themed destination. The launch of the campaign comes just weeks before Graceland opens three exhibits, Elvis in Hollywood, Elvis Lives: the King and Pop Culture and the addition of never-before-seen vehicles owned by Elvis in the Elvis Presley Automobile Museum. The campaign will utilize print, outdoor, internet and a new 30-second commercial featuring archival footage of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. In addition to the ad campaign, the 2009 plan for tourism includes an emphasis on marketing within social networks.

Creative for the 2009 campaign, which was developed by Combustion Design from Memphis, utilizes bright, bold stylized images of Elvis to quickly communicate the fun and excitement in a visit to Graceland.

A variety of headlines including “What Happens in Vegas Started at Graceland,” “Jam Sessions Daily,” and “You Had Me at Hound Dog,” will be tagged with the line “Experience Graceland” in print, outdoor and internet ads that will also incorporate images referencing memorable stages of Elvis’ career.
    Some of the ad images are rather fun! Go here for more info. (News, Source;EPE)

Re: Graceland Unveils 2009 Tourism Ad Campaign

Kinda weird campaign. I like colors, but those "real men wear suits" and other sayings don't define Elvis' image in anyway.... Hope somebody get my point. :]
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Re: Graceland Unveils 2009 Tourism Ad Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy56 View Post
    Kinda weird campaign. I like colors, but those "real men wear suits" and other sayings don't define Elvis' image in anyway.... Hope somebody get my point. :]
    Yeah, I agree.