Thread: It's Elvis Time Meeting

It's Elvis Time Meeting

Any of the Dutch members went to this meeting today? how was it? i had to skip this one (the first one in 15 years)..little sad..now..
    And did any of you took pictures or better filmed it?
    Please let me know!

Coming On Strong
    The 1969 Band was BRILLIANT!!!!!.. They kicked ***!. The songs sounded very authentic en Terry Mike did a great job. It was very different from the way the TCB guys play but then this is a studio band and not a real live band!!

Wish I could have been there, it sounds great

Coming On Strong
    good shops on this meeting to, lots of great stuff to buy. The other part of the program were three singers, 2 dutch guys. Johnny Reel is a very weird guy but sings fairly good. Maarten Jansen has a good voice but hasn't got the looks and flunked his presentation. He even once said: 'I don't know what to say'.... weird. The worst was a guy called Mike Lorents. Terrible outfit, terrible presentation (reading his lyrics from sheets!!) and a terrible voice. Brrrrrrrrr, you don't want him on your party. Anyway: it was fun, not so busy as before but those people missed the great '69 band!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Yikes! I've missed this one

I wanted to go to this one. But on the other hand, it did save me money. Those meetings can be veeeeery expensive with all those nice goodies all around
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Cadillac King
    I used to go to as many meetings as I could, because they where fun. I'm talking about many years ago when they played mostly two to three Elvis movies and had good shows with singers like: Chuck Memphis (hmm I wonder what he's doing now, because I never hear about him anymore. ) and even our famous dutch Elvis singer Ren? Shumann appeared a couple of times in his beginning carreer. Ofcourse there also where some great stands to buy Elvis stuff. Nowadays the meetings are rather expensive (I payed 10 guilder to 25 guilder at that time) and I never see any Elvis movies played on them, only artists appearing that I never heard of. I hope that the meetings become "old fashioned "again and payable and I wished they would organize a meeting again in the south of the Netherlands, because it always takes us a lot of time to travel to the north. Considering this all it isn't interesting anymore for us to go to meetings, although I miss them. We always had lots of fun. And, Albert, I agree with you. It saves a lot of money, because there are so many things (including albums) you see and want to buy. Lol.

Be safe and take care,

Christel (TCE)

Hi Christel, I know what you mean, I'm a member of a Belgian fanclub, so always lots of travels, but it's worth it. Maybe you should check them out, it's probalby closer by for you.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    One thing that I always find a weird investment of the entrancemoney is booking bands. I really prefer Elvis music on the background instead of a liveband. I'm fan of Elvis, not a coverband. And the music is also too loud, so it's hard to have a normal conversation with fellow fans.

For European fans it's always nice to have a meet and great with Elvis related people from the US. From TCB band to Charlie Hodge, it's simply awesome.

Also showing movies is a great thing. But the 80s is much different from these times: people can easily buy the movies and specials.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom