Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

  1. #1
    International Level Leroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rhenen - Holland.
    Posts
    845

    White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    A while back a little shock happened when a picture of Elvis, dressed in the "White Cisco Kid with Black Shoulders" surfaced. It was part of the new Joe Tunzi book. I was excited too because so far we only knew a few black and white pictures.

    But for some reason the picture looked familiar to me and it kept me thinking for days. I knew I saw it somewhere before. I took the 1972 album "He Touched Me" and then I knew it. It's the same picture. With some alterations.... but still.....

    I scanned the picture of the album sleeve and started to compare... Apart from the color differences (due to the quality of both prints) I saw the same face... exactly the same face. The shadows are the same... the angle is the same.....
    Only the hair is different but that is easy to do. Also the hand that holds the microphone is exactly the same....

    One of the two pictures is a fake.... question is... which one ?????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To compare.jpg  

  2. #2

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Neither is fake.

    The hair is different in both pics; the mouth as well. The microphone ... and the angle of it ... and the way he is holding it. Also different.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  3. #3
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    2 different pictures. Left arm is different besides the already noted differences.

  4. #4

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    A while back a little shock happened when a picture of Elvis, dressed in the "White Cisco Kid with Black Shoulders" surfaced. It was part of the new Joe Tunzi book. I was excited too because so far we only knew a few black and white pictures.

    But for some reason the picture looked familiar to me and it kept me thinking for days. I knew I saw it somewhere before. I took the 1972 album "He Touched Me" and then I knew it. It's the same picture. With some alterations.... but still.....

    I scanned the picture of the album sleeve and started to compare... Apart from the color differences (due to the quality of both prints) I saw the same face... exactly the same face. The shadows are the same... the angle is the same.....
    Only the hair is different but that is easy to do. Also the hand that holds the microphone is exactly the same....

    One of the two pictures is a fake.... question is... which one ?????

    Look where his hand is positioned on the microphones - 2 different pictures.

    Forever Best Friends

  5. #5
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    A while back a little shock happened when a picture of Elvis, dressed in the "White Cisco Kid with Black Shoulders" surfaced. It was part of the new Joe Tunzi book. I was excited too because so far we only knew a few black and white pictures.

    But for some reason the picture looked familiar to me and it kept me thinking for days. I knew I saw it somewhere before. I took the 1972 album "He Touched Me" and then I knew it. It's the same picture. With some alterations.... but still.....

    I scanned the picture of the album sleeve and started to compare... Apart from the color differences (due to the quality of both prints) I saw the same face... exactly the same face. The shadows are the same... the angle is the same.....
    Only the hair is different but that is easy to do. Also the hand that holds the microphone is exactly the same....

    One of the two pictures is a fake.... question is... which one ?????

    Neither one is fake. These are, in fact, two different pictures.




    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Neither is fake.

    The hair is different in both pics; the mouth as well. The microphone ... and the angle of it ... and the way he is holding it. Also different.
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Look where his hand is positioned on the microphones - 2 different pictures.

    I agree with you both. It's just one of those instances where the camera almost caught him in the same exact pose - but at a different place in time because you can see the subtle differences in both pictures.

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    The first thing that caught my eye when looking at these 2 pictures (and it could be attributed to the shadows from the lighting) is the difference in the fullness of his face. The shot of the darker suit shows a much fuller face and chin, whereas the white suit shows a much slimmer face and chin.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  7. #7
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    I don't think either of the pictures is fake. The mouth is slightly more open on the left and the thumb on the right it higher up on the microphone.

    Diane

  8. #8
    International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    729

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Looks pretty real to me, but maybe that's just because of how much I am hoping it is.

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    The 2 pics seem different...not fake for me

    It's a common expression of Elvis and we can see it in many others pictures but these two are original for me

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    I think there are differences in the photos
    the first photo the mouth is open slightly wider it appears to me and the hand holding the microphone seems tilted just a tad different.
    Whether or not the white cisco suit itself is a true outfit Elvis wore or one photo shopped I have no idea.
    Work in Progress!

  11. #11
    Vegas King
    Guest

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    both are real for sure

  12. #12
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    I for one agree this is a fake I have copied the White Cisco and superimposed it over the top of the Red Cisco and the face mannerisms are Identical. I suppose Elvis could have had the same pose, but to be Identical that would indeed be amazingly difficult.

    You can see the microphone is different etc but someone who has computer skills could make a photo like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Merge.jpg  

  13. #13
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    white cisco.......its a fakie of a piccy
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  14. #14
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I for one agree this is a fake I have copied the White Cisco and superimposed it over the top of the Red Cisco and the face mannerisms are Identical. I suppose Elvis could have had the same pose, but to be Identical that would indeed be amazingly difficult.

    You can see the microphone is different etc but someone who has computer skills could make a photo like this
    I guess if someone changed the contrast and the shading on the photo-it might make the mouth appear more open or closed from the original so that answers my questions on the mouth.
    Work in Progress!

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    You can see the microphone is different etc but someone who has computer skills could make a photo like this
    What an amazing waste of time that would be.

    I still say they are two different pictures.

  16. #16
    Junior Member Mike Mendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Neither one is fake,they are two different pictures

  17. #17
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    So, do you like my Green and White Cisco an original Joe Tunzi of course
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White Cisco.jpg  
    Last edited by Jumpsuit Junkie; 02-03-2009 at 04:29 PM.

  18. #18
    TCB Mafia epmoodyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,086

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    So, do you like my Green and White Cisco an original Joe Tunzi of course
    very good jj.....are you able to re-design the dreaded v neck jumpsuit for me ..which i hate so much...what would your version of the v -neck be? or should of looked like? i
    MY ELVIS WEBSITE
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4801_25.gif[
    ]Elvis i WILL REMEMBER YOU..FOR YOU SING IN MY HEART..AND LIVE IN MY SOUL
    my Selena Website

  19. #19
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    So, do you like my Green and White Cisco an original Joe Tunzi of course
    Work in Progress!

  20. #20
    International Level rickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    891

    Re: White Cisco Kid Picture - Fake or Not ???

    they are close but I think they are different enough to be called real

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •