Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now we know the truth.......

Now we know the truth.......

Nowdays we all know about Elvis' bad overdose just a few days after his divorce from Priscilla was finalized.....this is from the Dallas paper that same week. Of course I rushed out and sent him a card, and a couple of weeks later I got a thank-you note!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn0324.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	387.3 KB 
ID:	29719

Re: Now we know the truth.......

Well, if you can't believe the media, then who CAN you believe?????? The man had pneumonia ....
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Well, if you can't believe the media, then who CAN you believe?????? The man had pneumonia ....

No-one, including the politicians, honey, (well Aussie ones, anyway) lol

And that has to be the truth....so there!

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    And that has to be the truth....so there!

Diane
    Exactly!!!!!
    Now everyone can hush about the drug rumors. My rose colored glasses fit me just fine!

Why on earth are you blaming the media here?

Who do you think told them about the "pneumonia"?

Elvis' camp, that's who! They are the liars in this case, not the newspaper.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Don't always believe what you read in the paper,so I've been told.Like Getlo said,you blame the people in the "Elvis' camp" that's who you blame.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Joke people....it's a joke. We know the paper article was a cover-up

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Why on earth are you blaming the media here?

Who do you think told them about the "pneumonia"?

Elvis' camp, that's who! They are the liars in this case, not the newspaper.
    It was sarcasim and nothing more. I know the story, I know why he was there and his journey that he took to get there. It was sarcasim.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Don't people have any humor left in them these days????

Forever Best Friends

Cadillac King

I'm going to post this and ya'll will probably boot me off the forum, but here goes

1. There is a possibility there was some truth to the pneumonia story. If he aspirated during the overdose, it could have turned to pneumonia.

2. Why do "we" have to know the truth? Who are "we"? So "we" bought tickets and albums, did that entitle us to his life and his soul? Frankly, it was none of our business. Maybe we should start a thread called "all our faults and problems" and see how we like having our lives discussed to pieces. Let's get those divorces and affairs up there for everyone to see.

3. "We" complain about the press harping on his drug use and not his musical abilities or his talents and "we" bring the drug subject up just as much as they do. If we can't let it go (and we claim to love him) how do we expect the press(who could care less about him) to let it go. Seems "we" are as guilty as everyone else.

TCB Mafia

Thank you, Crittergitter,

Post of the year!!!

By the way, Elvis checked himself into hospital a lot, for a rest ...

I have to agree with CritterGitter's post as well. I'm pretty well burned out on all the muck that's brought out about Elvis. And it is true, pneumonia may very well been a part of it.

Diane

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

I agree with what you said CRITTERGITTER but the thread was not meant to bring up Elvis' drug use. It was just a newspaper article that Rosanne was nice enough to share. It just shows us how the media covered Elvis' life when he was alive. We just made some light hearted humor about the whole thing but some people decided to come on and turn into a serious issue.
    Some of us just enjoy being on with our friends and we try to give each other something to smile about!

Great post CRITTERGRITTER. You're so right, but most people think because someone is in the public eye that every move they make should be in the paper...

Whatever happened to privacy?

franny

Cadillac King

Sorry, it might be just me, but I am totally missing the humor of this thread. The posts are about the press covering up Elvis' drug use. I think that pretty well is bringing it up. If that makes you smile, you go for it.

Now if you want to talk about his voice, his smile, his hair, his butt.....call me, I'll be grinning from ear to ear.
    Last edited by CRITTERGITTER; 01-31-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Can't type worth a darn

I was really enjoying these last few threads that Rosanne was putting on about old Elvis articles and things from the seventies. I thought it was finally a break from some of the serious stuff that was going on here lately.But I guess I was wrong.

Sorry, if you are referring to me and Elvis' drug abuse making me smile then you are wrong. I never dwell on his few faults, everyone of us have faults of our own. There is nobody who can tell me all the good he did in his life. I know all about his good looks, his voice, his smile, his hair and yes, even his butt. Elvis means the world to me and he has all my life. I would stand up to anyone to defend him. I would never ever want anyone to think that I would do anything to hurt him or his memory. Elvis is a part of who I am and I am one of his biggest most loyal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    I was really enjoying these last few threads that Rosanne was putting on about old Elvis articles and things from the seventies. I thought it was finally a break from some of the serious stuff that was going on here lately.But I guess I was wrong.

Sorry, if you are referring to me and Elvis' drug abuse making me smile then you are wrong. I never dwell on his few faults, everyone of us have faults of our own. There is nobody who can tell me all the good he did in his life. I know all about his good looks, his voice, his smile, his hair and yes, even his butt. Elvis means the world to me and he has all my life. I would stand up to anyone to defend him. I would never ever want anyone to think that I would do anything to hurt him or his memory. Elvis is a part of who I am and I am one of his biggest most loyal fans.

YOU ARE NOT WRONG!! THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER FANS ON THIS SITE WHO AGREE WITH YOU!! ME BEING ONE OF THEM. I WAS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD WHEN ELVIS DIED AND I LOVE READING THESE ARTICLES THAT ROSANNE HAS BEEN POSTING THEY ARE VERY INTERESTING AND I LEARN A LOT ABOUT ELVIS WHEN READING THEM!! I THINK THIS IS SHOWING RESPECT TO HIS MEMORY!!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
    YOU ARE NOT WRONG!! THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER FANS ON THIS SITE WHO AGREE WITH YOU!! ME BEING ONE OF THEM. I WAS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD WHEN ELVIS DIED AND I LOVE READING THESE ARTICLES THAT ROSANNE HAS BEEN POSTING THEY ARE VERY INTERESTING AND I LEARN A LOT ABOUT ELVIS WHEN READING THEM!! I THINK THIS IS SHOWING RESPECT TO HIS MEMORY!!
    Thanks memphis69 your comments mean alot! I bet they will mean alot to Rosanne too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast